Atheists... Your life is pointless

spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
You can't blame fm rl. You're video selections are crap as a scientific fact. It has nothing to do with fm. Gravity is not his fault either.
reasoning logic

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:08 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You're video selections are crap as a scientific fact

Not to many people around here know what a fact is?
spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Most know that one.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 07:04 pm
@spendius,
It's one of the few universal truths, RL will always post crap videos.
0 Replies

purebredchaos

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:37 am
Because, unlike a theist, i dont need a god to give my life purpose or meaning. I fully accept the fact that we are a cosmic fluke. It does not mean that i can do whatever i want, whenever i want. We have rules in a civilized society, and that is what seperates us from the animals. Of course, the major influence on what our society has become today is the 1000+ years of (nearly) total world domination by the catholic church. I believe that this is the only life i get, so i had better make it a good one. Also, since the church is archaic and obsolete, i am welcoming a more secular society, which has proven to bring with it less crime, less murder, more eduction, and especially less prejudice, racism, and the worst human invention of all: war. Dont believe me? Look up the crusades, or the current wars in the middle east. All fought over who has the better imaginary friend. The end of religious influence will bring an end to these petty and useless wars, which as fought for such childish and immature reasons.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:44 am
@purebredchaos,
I agree with most of what you say, but disagree with
Quote:
We have rules in a civilized society, and that is what seperates us from the animals.

It's not "civilized society" that separates us from the animals, it's the culture and laws of the land. Humans still kill with wars and murder; more than any other living thing. "Civilized" is an oxymoron. No other living thing can kill tens of thousands of living things like humans can in such a short period of time. One thermonuclear weapon defeats the idea of "civilized."
purebredchaos

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Fair enough. Id consider canada highly civilized. But yes, without our culture and laws we'd be hanging out in trees flinging our crap at eachother, but that wasnt really the point of my postoil 9
reasoning logic

Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:22 pm
@purebredchaos,
I think that the both of you illustrated your points very well. 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 12:26 pm
@purebredchaos,
So, then maybe you can explain to us theists what were are supposed to "buy into" as an atheistic society>>?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 12:43 pm
@purebredchaos,
I thought the most recent war in the Middle East was about imaginary WMDs, not imaginary friends.
Setanta

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 01:06 pm
Wait . . . Canada's civilized? I hadn't noticed . . .
spendius

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 01:59 pm
@Setanta,
Civilised means to one historical school the final and exhausted development of the culture. The autumnal last fling. All it's potentialities having been realised. All in all its just another brick in the wall from now on. The end of history some have called it.

It occurs when the great City overpowers the countryside and starts putting on flab. Over 80% of Americans live in cities and their suburbs.
0 Replies

Anomie

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 05:15 pm
@John Creasy,
You argue normative circles, perhaps you may learn from logical theists for consistency, such as Wiliam Lane Craig, view his recent videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrVGuUsL2PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A_v3H5qJ60&feature=related

Quote:
I've always wondered why people that are so adamant about the non-existence of God, debate morals and what is right and wrong. If there is no God and this world is truly just a cosmic fluke, than your life and everything that happens in it are of no consequence whatsoever.

You are assuming that quantities and constants derrive from creatio ex nihilo, why not ex nihilo probability by deism perhaps?

Also, what do you mean by this "consequence" interpretation, why are these suggested conditions necessarily true?

Quote:
Why not just do whatever you want and not care about others. After all, survival of the fittest is the name of the game right?

Can you define "name of the game"?

Quote:
Love of others is just some accidental emotion that means nothing. So do whatever you want.

Can you state the required conditions and elaborate "accidental emotion"?

Quote:
Your life, your children's life, and your children's children's life will all be over soon and nothing will be remembered.

Why should it OUGHT TO be remembered?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 6 Mar, 2012 06:19 pm
@izzythepush,
God told Bush it was a just war and when you have God on your side WMDs are irrelevant.
izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:38 am
@reasoning logic,
He was your president.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 05:55 am
Bush didn't know God, or would have Known wars are not from God...What they mostly fight over is war they have created, and have to do with diplomatic stances...Not much about Gods...With some Islamic countries who fight wars over God(s)...one of the reason I personally believe that Islamic Scripture is not of the same God as the Torah, Nor Bible...

End of discussions of wars being fought over Gods...Or if it were true, than the US, would be at war With China, (Buddhism mostly) Islamic nations (Mohammed, Islam) India (Krishna, Hinduism) and Israel (Judaism)...If we are not fighting wars with those countries who are close to Christianity, than we would be fighting even more wars with nations who religion skews off even more...

The US is at war with Afghan, for Osama...And we went to war with Iraq for Oil! plain and simple.... 2 Cents

Other outright fighting's, or potential threats back and forth is because of unstable nations with WMD's....Like North Korea.... 2 Cents

That is the Human race to blame for that Not any Potential God(s) at all whatsoever, in the least bit of sense... 2 Cents

Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
That is the Human race to blame for that Not any Potential God(s) at all whatsoever, in the least bit of sense...

And who is responsible for the human race????
izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
RL has the simplistic certainty of a zealot. There is a huge difference between intelligent atheists like Fresco and Setanta who accept other people can hold different belief systems without the need to proseletyse, and RL who is devout and unwilling to countenance any belief system other than his own.

You claim to be a prophet, but at the same time accept the possibility you may be deluded, which is why I quite often have your back. Interesting that RL should choose Bush as his example of a Christian as opposed to the Catholic priests in Poland who openly supported the Solidarity freedom movement.

Most of us know Iraq was all about oil and America's status in the Middle East, RL chooses to make it about God. You can't debate with fanatics.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And who is responsible for the human race????

It depends on who you ask Wink ...I can't understand an atheist saying it is from God can you? Which some on here have 2 Cents ...And even if God made humans he gave us free will, that means we have the choice to invent and use WMD's or not...

But in any event, it shows that atheism, is a crock to me, because rather than seeing great optimism in the explosion of free thinkers they show gloominess about wars centered around God, which they do not believe is even real, which means they are looking for ways to blame God, rather than a lack of belief... 2 Cents

Their main centralism, still centers around a God Not a belief of non-existent...

Not much different than that of a religion against a God... 2 Cents

As far as a theist is concerned you can see above why HUMANS are to blame for WMD's Not god... Wink
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You don't know what the hell you're talking about, but that's no surprise.
0 Replies