Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You can't debate with fanatics.

Then why are you talking to Spade?
izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:45 am
@Setanta,
Because he accepts he may be deluded, and his type of Christianity is not the right-wing jingoistic type espoused by Bush.
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
I've never seen him accept his delusions. Whether or not he accepts jingoism is beside the point that he gets hysterical if any one questions him, and presses him to support his silly claims. Look at what he's doing here--he's saying atheists are this, atheists are that, atheists believe this or that, atheists behave this way or that way--and he knows ****-all about atheists. He's definitely a fanatic.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:51 am
@Setanta,
And what about this is not true??

Frank Wrote:

Quote:
And who is responsible for the human race????

Mine:

It depends on who you ask Wink ...I can't understand an atheist saying it is from God can you? Which some on here have 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:54 am
@Setanta,
It is an opinion...

Just like Yours...

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:55 am
@Setanta,
Alright, maybe he doesn't have a very nuanced approach towards all the differing opinions within atheism.

I suppose the real reason is he doesn't get on my tits like some posters do. If I'm being honest I only really get belligerent towards those that do.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:56 am
@Setanta,
And if The centralism claim is bullshit, explain why these threads boom as soon as a theist comes back to fuel the fire??

Why can't atheists talk amongst atheists, about their views and opinions??
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you just make up terms, such as "centralism," don't expect others to discuss them with you. As it happens, none of these subjects come up in my everyday life--and i've been an atheist longer than you've been alive. I've discussed these subjects maybe a half a dozen times in real life, and it has always been because someone else brings them up.

I don't blame wars on "god"--it would be idiotic to say that i don't believe there is a god (and i don't) and then attempt to blame wars on an imaginary being. You really don't think about what you write, do you? I've seen atheists here who claim that believers in god are responsible for wars, and although some wars are started be religious fanatics, i've pointed out again and again over the years that money and politics always trump religion in wartime. The Thirty Years War, for example, began because of religious divisions in what is now Germany, but that didn't last. In 1630, Gustav II Adolf of Sweden landed in northern Germany with what was the best army in Europe, and his goal was to protect Protestants. France, a Catholic nation, with Cardinal Richelieu as Chief Minister to the King, did not want to see the Holy Roman Empire (basically an expanded Austria) take control of Germany. So, even though the Holy Roman Empire was Catholic, France paid Protestant Sweden to stay in the war to defeat the Austrians. Money and politics trump religion every time.

We have a thread here started by an atheist. As soon as it was started, the theists, who usually keep their heads down, rushed in there to pick silly, petty fights and to vent their frustrations. It got to be so much bullshit, that the atheists just stopped going back there.

Oh, and you obviously don't know anything about what atheists think, so you really should stop shooting your mouth off on the subject.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:15 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I've never seen him accept his delusions. Whether or not he accepts jingoism is beside the point that he gets hysterical if any one questions him, and presses him to support his silly claims. Look at what he's doing here--he's saying atheists are this, atheists are that, atheists believe this or that, atheists behave this way or that way--and he knows ****-all about atheists. He's definitely a fanatic.

You say this as though you don't believe that atheists do this toward theists??

So if we agree they do, then Go type to your atheist friends or enemies who do this type of crap, rather than shitting on a theist...

and I would take you seriously...

Once again you won't, which shows you are against a God, and his messengers...Not 100% sure of a non-existent God...Sorry, our words back and forth DO NOT LIE!
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
"Our words back and forth" clearly show that you cannot handle criticism, and that you get hateful when someone presses you to back up the claims you make.

This is what you wrote, and it's bullshit:

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
And who is responsible for the human race????

It depends on who you ask ...I can't understand an atheist saying it is from God can you? Which some on here have ...And even if God made humans he gave us free will, that means we have the choice to invent and use WMD's or not...

But in any event, it shows that atheism, is a crock to me, because rather than seeing great optimism in the explosion of free thinkers they show gloominess about wars centered around God, which they do not believe is even real, which means they are looking for ways to blame God, rather than a lack of belief...

Their main centralism, still centers around a God Not a belief of non-existent...

Not much different than that of a religion against a God...

As far as a theist is concerned you can see above why HUMANS are to blame for WMD's Not god...(witless emoticons remove in the interest of aesthetics)

Obviously, i don't agree that atheists do this. Why would i accept your delusion when i've clearly stated that it is delusion?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Obviously, i don't agree that atheists do this. Why would i accept your delusion when i've clearly stated that it is delusion?

Obviously, You did not read the posts from a few atheists before mine, who said that people fight wars over God(s)...

Which is wrong, and impossible from their perspective...

So how was what I said a delusion? I was answering their posts...

Are you NOW going to go to them, (each one of them) and tell them they are delusional?? (I did not think so) You will think of a way to try to cleverly back out of a corner....
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That people fight wars over religion is completely plausible, saying that is not the same as saying that "god" is responsible for the wars. You're twisting what is being said both because it's conventient to your argument, and because you cannot see beyond your own beliefs. You said that they "look for ways to blame God," which is not at all the same as blaming the believers in a god for the wars in question.

You're really not very good at this.
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:54 am
@purebredchaos,
purebredchaos wrote:
Also, since the church is archaic and obsolete, i am welcoming a more secular society, which has proven to bring with it less crime, less murder, more eduction, and especially less prejudice, racism, and the worst human invention of all: war. Dont believe me? Look up the crusades, or the current wars in the middle east. All fought over who has the better imaginary friend. The end of religious influence will bring an end to these petty and useless wars, which as fought for such childish and immature reasons. (emphasis addded)

This member is not "blaming god,' this member is blaming "the church," which is to say, organized religion--those are not at all the same thing.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:55 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You said that they "look for ways to blame God," which is not at all the same as blaming the believers in a god for the wars in question.

Good point, since I am twisting things, and can't read into it...From an Atheist perspective, who is to blame then??

And before you give me this answer..."believers in a god"

Are there no atheists fighting wars? The majority of wars are not fought over religion, but over diplomatic stances...Religion may be part of it, but the majority is not...It is for money, or oil etc...(greed, and power)
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Organized religion, but, as i've already pointed out, although religion may be the casus belli, money and politics trump religion every time in time of war.
izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:58 am
@Setanta,
I blame Thatcher, that bitch is usually responsible somewhere down the line.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:00 am
@Setanta,
So you believe EVERY war, or the majority are based on religion?

But conveniently trumped by money, politics... etc???

Could it just be that they are after money, politics etc...and USE religion as a scape goat...It is after all what they gain and go after in the war...
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:01 am
She got herself in a nasty little war with the Argentines, anyway. The Royal Navy didn't come out of that one looking too good. Ironically, Anaya, the Argentine Air Force Chief of Staff, was opposed to the war--yet the Air Force carried the war on their backs. They attacked the RN, and when the Marines went in, they found Air Force officers commanding the ground troops. A sorry business all 'round, for both sides.
Setanta

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
No, i don't believe that, and i haven't said that, or anything remotely like that. This is why i say you twist things, and that you aren't very good at this. You're also oversimplifying.
izzythepush

Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:07 am
@Setanta,
I did a bit of time on the RMS St. Helena which worked as a minesweeper during the conflict. I was on there after the conflict, but I know a lot of people who were serving during the conflict, a lot of them had met the Governor.

The Tories knew Argentina was going to invade, they let it happen, otherwise Thatcher would have been kicked out in the next election, victory in the Falklands ensured electoral success. All those people died to keep Thatcher in power.
0 Replies