Or Lovecraft
izzythepush

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 04:30 am
@farmerman,
Both ripping reads.
spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 07:26 am
@izzythepush,
I suppose that the censorship at the time, a Christian one, prevented Huxley from designing a single sex human race. One that had its sex drive gene removed. I can't imagine he never thought of it.

Had he done so I wonder which sex he would have chosen.

Is nobody up for committing on the Darwinian-style romance ad?

I will. I'm all for it. It just needs organising properly. Have you any idea what a real atheist thinks of getting into bed with the same partner more than half a dozen times?
spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 07:42 am
@spendius,
Let's make the thread interesting eh?

The atheist solution to the sex/reproduction problem now that the Christian solution has been rejected. Why start a new thread when we have already got some atheists rounded up on here?

Take it away.

I would tamper with sex drive gene in such a way that it only became active once a year for about a week. Around Easter is my preferred time. The other 51 weeks it would have no interest in sex whatsover. In the same way that Tiger Woods has no interest in sex at the top of the backswing when he's one shot off the lead with two to play on the tee at the 469 yard dog-leg par 5 which a daring shot over the water can make the green and the guy he's trying to catch has gone the long way but is right up the middle.

That mental state extended for 51 weeks and then a Festival.
Frank Apisa

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 07:51 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I would tamper with sex drive gene in such a way that it only became active once a year for about a week. Around Easter is my preferred time. The other 51 weeks it would have no interest in sex whatsover. In the same way that Tiger Woods has no interest in sex at the top of the backswing when he's one shot off the lead with two to play on the tee at the 469 yard dog-leg par 5 which a daring shot over the water can make the green and the guy he's trying to catch has gone the long way but is right up the middle.

It would take a hell of a lot of "tampering", Spendius, because I got a hard-on just reading that paragraph.
spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Nobody would bother tampering with you Frank. The fact that you play golf a lot tells us that you experience long stretches of not thinking about sex.

I'm thinking of tampering with the sex drive gene in utero. Think of the productivity. There are probably a number of genes that could be tampered with which would soon get the deficits reduced. Science should be putting its case surely? If worker ants were studied we might be able to engender the sort of diligence politicians would eat their grandmother for. Raw.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:05 pm
@spendius,
You wrote,
Equating humans to ants is about your speed; your brain size.
spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is your faction that equates humans to ants. And grubs. And toadstools. And rats. The tree of life contains the lot or has no validity.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:35 pm
@spendius,
From Wiki (to explain the difference between ants and humans).

Quote:

an ant carries a grain of food, generation after generation after generation.... a human carried food, made a cart, made a truck, make an airplane. the difference is mental ability and progress... the desire to improve lifestyle and to never compromise

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_an_ant_and_a_human#ixzz1nzBZXy31
izzythepush

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The amount of legs is another difference.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Yea, maybe spendi finds their legs sexually appealing. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk After a few drinks, of coarse!
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was talking about the diligence gene in ants. Not ants.

You need your intelligence gene adjusting ci.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 12:39 pm
@spendius,
Without ants, there is no diligence - in your example. Logic 101.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 03:14 pm
OK, OK . . . so, like, Jesus is hangin' from the cross, and Peter is in the crowd, when he hears this faint voice calling his name, and realizes that it's Jesus. He struggles through the crowd, and then tries to worm his way through the soldiers, but then one of them smacks him right in the forehead with the shaft of his spear. Peter staggers back, and puts his hand to his forehead--he's bleeding! But he hears the faint voice again--"Peter, i must speak to you"--so, he gathers himself together, and heads for the cordon of soldiers again, but another soldier sticks his foot out and trips him, and then slams him in the back with the butt of his spear.

Peter manages to drag himself away. He's dizzy, his head is bleeding, he thinks he was hit in the kidney . . . but there's that voice again . . . so, he struggles to his feet, screws his courage to the sticking point, and heads for the cordon of soldiers again. One of them is about to give him the business end of his spear, but a centurion steps up and "says: "Hold on, this Jew has got some courage . . . let him through."

So Peter staggers over to the foot of the cross and looks up at Jesus . . .

"Hey Peter, look . . . i can see your house from up here!"
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 03:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
The problem is is that theism's STILL make more sense, because by your above, it is Necessary, For people to get according to works and deeds, and people have freedom now like scripture says...

Hy Spade, Hope you are doing good today.
Christians can do all sorts of hateful things thinking they are doing it for God at times. I seen some crazy things done and people want to give Jesus the credit for these crazy things.

cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 04:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
I believe XXspade has a mental block about christian cruelty and killings.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 04:24 pm
So Jesus goes into this village, sees this big crowd, and a woman cowering by a wall. He asks around and learns that she's to be stoned as an adultress. He steps to the front of the crowd, raises his hands and shouts out: "Let the one among you without sin cast the first stone!

This big ******* rock comes from the back of the crowd and smacks the woman right in the head. Jesus whips around . . .

"Knock it off, Mom!"
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 05:17 pm
The age of reason is upon us and theism is leaving us?

farmerman

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 05:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
nobody watches your crap RL. Why not try thinking for yourself and making some RL comments. AFter all, its your handle.
reasoning logic

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
nobody watches your crap RL

And to think I advised Izzy to consult you on what a fact is, now I will have to forewarn him. imagine that.