Atheists... Your life is pointless

izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Thank you, don't bother explaining it to RL. He won't get it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:32 am
@reasoning logic,
I have a question for you logic? and I am interested in the answer...

If you do not, and can not think in the absolutist way, why do you call your self an atheist??

Why are you not calling yourself an agnostic??

Just in case I am wrong, Since I never asked are you an agnostic??

Here is my problem...

A lot of atheists say they are not positive of No existence of a God, and their main centralism still centers around a God...

This is obvious because most atheist threads start booming as soon as a theist comes into the picture...

Atheism would be A LOT more plausible if it was called, Skeptacism, Questionism, Doubtfulism...etc..Not a belief in a Non-existent God...

Whether atheists know this, or aware of it, Atheism isn't really much different than that of a religion against God...
spendius

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:33 am
@izzythepush,
One wit in the Darwin circle, it wasn't the man, made a similar lewd jest about the ladies' bustles which were a prominent feechewer of the social scene at that time. A great deal wittier of course.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:33 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
From my thousands of hours and other people's millions of hours studying the bible I have come to the conclusion that I would not worship the God of the bible because he seems to be What Christians would call Satan.

The bible seems to be written by some people who had some very ethical understandings as well as some very unethical understanding.

I would not have excepted anything less from human beings writing the bible.

How does this make you an atheist??
izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:35 am
@spendius,
I wasn't accusing RL of being original.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:35 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
So you find that Funny?
izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:41 am
@reasoning logic,
Not what he said to you...But the movie? yes, Like Izzy said, you were not there for the first part of it...

It went over your head...I laughed about the movie, not about Izzy saying what he said to you...Go back and reread you will see my post was made first...

If your referring to something else, than please explain, I don't know what your talking about...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:47 am
@izzythepush,
Kind of a funny spin...on something that is probably very truthful!!

Some people deal with brain twisting things, and extreme truths, with laughter, I guess!

Can't fault them there, I have to laugh at some of the ridiculous things Satan does to me in his pits to "try" to make me denounce Christ!!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Atheism would be A LOT more plausible if it was called, Skeptasim, Questionism, Doubtfulism...etc..Not a belief in a Non-existent God...

Whether atheists know this, or aware of it, Atheism isn't really much different than that of a religion against God...

I guess that atheism to you is also a religion against all of these other things listed below as well?

Atheist are not able to understand how theist can not see the connection between their God, Poseidon, RA, elves, Leprechauns, loch Ness, big foot, so on and so on.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:56 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I guess that atheism to you is also a religion against all of these other things listed below as well?

It depends On the atheist (BillRM, comes to mind) I am speaking too, thinks ...If they are not certain in an absolute way, then yes...Seems most are absolute about those others things, not about God...

Quote:
Atheist are not able to understand how theist can not see the connection between their God, Poseidon, RA, elves, Leprechauns, loch Ness, big foot, so on and so on.

There is a lot more evidence of Jesus Christ, than all that other stuff you mentioned...

You did not answer my question as to how you call yourself an atheist...rather than an agnostic??
spendius

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:05 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I don't know what your talking about...

What they are talking about SM is trying to justify rejecting Christian inhibitions on certain types of behaviour not covered by the law. It is as if they believe that those inhibitions had no function in the ordering of society. An ordering, incidentally, which they are exceedingly fortunate beneficiaries of.

Or maybe some of them might admit the usefulness of those inhibitions to previous societies but claim they are no longer relevant. As indeed they might well not be. We need to keep an open mind.

That this forces them to look into the functions of these inhibitions and then to explain why such functions are no longer required is why they have placed the matter on Ignore. Not unlike a hare trying to ignore a greyhound chasing it.

But we should be plain. That is the nature of the experiment they wish us to undertake and posited on their personal rejection of those inhibitions which possibly began at a time of life where it is quite understandable and they have not yet grown out of it due to their pride refusing to admit that all those things they have said about these matters could possibly be wrong what with them having said them so often to so many people and penitence at the altar rails being out of the question.

Anybody who can't make a plausible case for atheism must be a bit of a gump.
reasoning logic

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
There is a lot more evidence of Jesus Christ, than all that other stuff you mentioned...

There seems to be a big difference between types of evidence. We can find all sorts of claims for things happening that you may think never have happened.

Why do you suppose with all the historians around at the time of Jesus that none of them found him interesting to write about him.

We do find writings about the theraputae which were people much like Jesus who went into the area that Jesus did and even with the similarities that they have with today's Christians, it appear that they may have far exceeded the moral standards of today's Christians.

0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:11 am
@John Creasy,
[/quote]
What assumptions? What atheists you ask? How about the half of dozen that said they were? Also I've looked around a bit and it appears to be about 80% religion-bashers on this particular forum. Hmmmm, how ironic.

I was just wondering out loud how if there is no God, than why don't we live more like the animals we are? Why the morals?
[/quote]

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:19 am
@spendius,
I agree completely...

But upon rereading it, that is not what I meant by not knowing what RL was talking about...After rereading it...RL was asking me if I thought it was funny, that Izzy sent his a post...about RL's comment of Izzy drinking too early!!

With the way you poetically express yourself...Which I enjoy, Again (BTW) I am afraid I do not understand this part...

Quote:
reasoning logic

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:20 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
Quote:
I was just wondering out loud how if there is no God, than why don't we live more like the animals we are? Why the morals?

Look around you, many of us do live like the animals we are. We are smarter "well kind of" than other animals and that gives us an ability that other animals do not have.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:23 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
You won't get a response from him, I guess he isn't here any longer...

I am a little confused?

Quote:
What assumptions? What atheists you ask? How about the half of dozen that said they were? Also I've looked around a bit and it appears to be about 80% religion-bashers on this particular forum. Hmmmm, how ironic.

This thread is highly in the minority of how things work on this website...least now, anyways...Go look at most of the current forums on here now...

Quote:

This is what I do not understand, So, then you agree with theism's? Or Do you believe in atheism...From the above??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:29 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Look around you, many of us do live like the animals we are. We are smarter "well kind of" than other animals and that gives us an ability that other animals do not have.

Still does not explain morals...That a God supposedly put into function....

If we are just animals...we would have destroyed ourselves over many times before...
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:39 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
Quote:
Why the morals?

Perhaps you will find out one day. What difference does it make to the immoral what others do?
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:42 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What I meant by--

Quote:

By plausible I meant a case that the inexperienced might easily interpret as proof.