Atheists... Your life is pointless

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:20 am
@spendius,
I do see what you mean...I for one, do not know you, and this is the first time I have actually discussed something this vital back and forth between one another...I did not in anyway feel as though you were insulting atheists...Nor were you playing games...But in farmers defense I have not been here long, to truly be certain about things of the past...So I will stay out of that...

I would like to add you as a friend, feel free to add me if you would too as well!!

I think we can have some interesting conversations....

I will not turn you away, and dismiss you...If others have...
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:20 am
@farmerman,
Have you any idea fm how many unsupported assertions there were in your post. Who knitted them together to make the sack over your head. The fact that they are mutually supportive is proof of the circularities.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:22 am
@spendius,
Got ya!! Wink

I do not know if you have ever heard me explain my name or not...

My name does not come from a spade shovel or anything like that...

It comes from the card games spades...Which I am Extremely skilled at...But do not play it much anymore...
spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I have no anger towards atheists. I'm simply seeking to find out what they are asking us to buy into. They have Kant's categorical imperative on Ignore.

Quote:
Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law.

A promoter of atheism is required to will that atheism become universal. Okay--what do we get then? I'm persuadable.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:32 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm a no-trumps man myself.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:35 am
@spendius,
Can I ask you a question?? Are you an English Major or anything like that???

It seems you like to be very ventricle, and explicit, micro, miniscule with your posts and wording...Do you do that because you love the English language?? Or do you like writing poetically, and all the ways listed above, to make it sound more fluently, and draw people in??

I like that (I assume you have faith in God) Do you?? Seems you have some type?? What do you call yourself?? anyways, I like that you express yourself in those ways...If it is the Language you love...And it is cool for everyone to be themselves...and you should not change for any man or women if you do not want too...

But I just want to be honest here, and this is just some constructive criticism...You do not have to listen nor change on my behalf, If you do not wish to....I am not here to be an enemy to you...

But, in posting like that...you may come off, or seem to some people (Namely atheists) as a deceptive person of faith...

I am sure you have already thought about this?? no?? Do you agree with that statement??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:40 am
@spendius,
There it is again...the poetical expressions...

What game are you referring to by no-trumps??

I play Hearts, and Setback as well...and am very skilled at both of those...

Far better in Spades, then Hearts, then Setback...probably pretty close to a tie in the latter 2...

Have you ever shot the sun in Hearts??

Take all 13 tricks??? make people go +52, or you -52?? I have done it twice in my life...But have spent most my time playing spades...

And sorry, seems the word miniscule is not correct above...my context of the English language is not that expressive, not poetic as yours is...the context maybe wrong...But I think you understand my gist???

You post almost poetically, and yet try to be clever, (but not in a bad way, to me) and seems your wordings are chosen carefully, and worded in a precise, and exact kind of fashion...

Do you believe that that kind of typing would turn people off??
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:42 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spendi's more of a John Smiths, pie & mash and whippet man. He is a keeper of the magic words Ebagum and Eckythump.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
I agree with this...

Quote:
He is a keeper of the magic words Ebagum and Eckythump.

But it seems his posting style, and the way he articulates what he expresses is anything but ordinary John Smiths...No?? Did I misunderstand you??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:01 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm a no-trumps man myself.

I got ya...I never really been around anyone who expresses themselves they way you seem to do it...

Yes, Izzy, I see what you mean now and agree completely...I was trying to break it down too small...

He was just saying he plays cards...and knows his way around a deck of cards....Yes, I agree...I can picture him right out of the late 1800's or something like that...

Are you a southerner?? you sound like you are, not to stereo-type you...
Setanta

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:08 am
Clue-less

Spades is for people who can't handle bridge . . .
izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
He's no bloody southerner.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:21 am
@Setanta,
This is what I mean by avoiding you for a good while, and you coming out of left field, to cause problems...

Please leave me alone...

I have nothing nice to say to you...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:24 am
@izzythepush,
That's not what I picked up on..

I felt an eerie feeling...a feeling I describe at a divine moment of faith...where insurmountable things can happen, and be received, or perceived...

And it seems I felt that him and I have met before, perhaps in another life...

Back in the mid to late 1800's...Sitting around a table...drinking shots...and playing cards...

He was shot in a gunfight...and I was shot in the back for defending him...

I don't know if he felt it, But I did...

Seems we have crossed paths before...good to see you again!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't give a **** what you have to say to anybody--you're a pathetic, conceited clown who thinks bowling and playing spades are great accomplishments. You don't own the ******* web site, **** for brains--if you don't like what i post, don't respond to it. Asshole.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:32 am
@Setanta,
Great! nice talking to ya!! see ya around!!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't give a **** what you have to say to anybody--you're a pathetic, conceited clown who thinks bowling and playing spades are great accomplishments. You don't own the ******* web site, **** for brains--if you don't like what i post, don't respond to it. Asshole.

Wait, I wanna say one thing before I go...If it is so pathetic, what "compelled" you to express how much you think playing spades is weak?? What is it of importance to you??
Setanta

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 07:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It's an idle comment in an idle thread. The author of this thread was a hostile christian who wanted to bad-mouth atheists. He hasn't posted at this site in many years. You seem to think that you own every thread at this site with a religious theme, so you come along and comment here. But that breaks down because nobody gives a rat's ass about this thread any longer.

I have a right to go to any thread at this site and comment. I don't need your permission or your approval. If you don't like what i post, don't respond to it. If you do, you can bet you'll hear from me.

You

are

pathetic.
spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 09:42 am
@Setanta,
Everything is pathetic that Setanta doesn't agree with.

Why not look at the matter scientifically. A few guys tried to do in the 17th and 18th century. And earlier. Then the literary school of Rousseau introduced doing good and high flown poetry. Push the scientific approach back. With the approval of the Church. Which had stacked the councils, much as is done today, with approved folks.

Scientifically the principle of our state of national sovereignty which, if traced back has origins, almost unspeakable, has no more claim to reverence than any other belief. The lonesome ego has no other way of looking at the matter. And the atheist posits the lonesome ego as a matter of coherence.

But the belief in the national sovereignty binds us together and makes us collectively stronger than if we all acted as lonesome egos.

Just so, other beliefs and reverential objects.

And all of them are judged on how they turn out. And on the quality of the ride getting there in the short term.

How can the lonesome ego think of itself as American or English? It's a creature wandering around on the surface of the earth--for ****'s sake, as Sartre might have said.
tomr

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 10:51 am
@spendius,
Any atheist who says their life is not pointless is fooling themselves. The description of "a creature wandering around aimlessly- for ****'s sake" is dead on. But if you have a god then you have purpose. Its as simple as that. If you're an atheist and you want purpose make up a god and rules for yourself, then you can finally be happy.