Atheists... Your life is pointless

izzythepush

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:44 am
@spendius,
It's like watching a fly banging against a window over and over again. You cannot argue with Bill, because he does not reason. Facts are twisted to fit in with his own preconceptions, 'extermination of Indians' reads as 'hunting down bandits.' I'm sure the women and children were all equally heinous in his eyes. Similarly with his rants about the evils of Christianity, refusing to look at the persecution of minorities as an ugly part of human nature, and instead portraying it as something peculiarly Christian. Although, if you press him on this, he'll probably widen that particular peculiarity to anyone who doesn't think like him. Maybe that's why he feels the need to apologise so often.
spendius

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:16 pm
@izzythepush,
You forget izzy that public debates are as much, if not more, for the witnesses than the participants.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
'extermination of Indians' reads as 'hunting down bandits.

Sorry but there was no extermination of Indians happening in the US during the 1920s and news headlines are written to sell newspapers and had always been the case since the first newspapers.

Hunting down a rare raiding party of Indians is not nearly as likely to sell papers then the extermination of Indians in the headlines.

By the end of the 1890s was also the end of any large scale problems with Indians in the US.

izzythepush

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:25 pm
@BillRM,
'Extermination of Indians' reads as 'hunting down bandits.'
BillRM

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:36 pm
@izzythepush,
More then likely as the Indians of the South West was on Federal protected reservations where a sheriff would not be able to go in the first place to do anything to them.

At most it would be a case of tracking and finding some small gang of raiders by the 1920s and that would be a very rare event as even very small scale raiding had petty must ended by the 1900s time frame.
izzythepush

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:37 pm
@BillRM,
'Extermination of Indians' reads as 'hunting down bandits.'
BillRM

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:44 pm
@izzythepush,
You repeat your postings for some strange reason?

Sorry there was once more no extermination of Indians in the 1920s they was once more settle on Federal control Indians reservations for a numbers of decades by that time.

spendius

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 02:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
This allow the good Christians to seized their properties for the church and for the state.

That is what started this digression. As if Christians are unique in regard to seizing property. You are living on land seized by Americans.

Christian societies invented the Geneva Convention and the Welfare State. We are all very glad they seized land. And more will be as time passes. Onward Christian soldiers.

As was said almost 2,000 years ago--Christianity is the only hope for the human race. Before it life was diabolical.
BillRM

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 04:05 pm
@spendius,
Sorry but the killing and torturing of people who gave up their own faith to adopted Christianity under false claims in order to seized their property is over the top evil.

Add to that the idea/excuse this was being done to save their souls in the name of Jesus add to this evilness.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 03:30 am
@John Creasy,
Quote:
First of all, who said I was a Christian? Are Christians the only people who believe in God?

As far as love is concerned, it is against nature. If we are simply evolutionary animals then survival of the fittest is how we should live right?

I do not "need" a God. I believe there is a God. There's a big difference there.

Why do so many atheists come out of the woodwork to confront anybody that questions them? Why are you so adamant about there being no God? Sounds like you are the ones preaching. I find it ironic that there are more atheists than theists on a spirituality forum.

I do not condone this type of original question, or reasoning...I am Christian....But this is indeed a highly accurate, and Strongly suggested, "evidence wise" Post that Creasy made...Particularly the Bold text above...

And I am extremely interested in the direct answer from an atheist...as I really do not have time to read this whole topic in entirety...If some atheists who have answered this question would give me a minute or 2 of their time to answer this question for me??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 03:37 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but the killing and torturing of people who gave up their own faith to adopted Christianity under false claims in order to seized their property is over the top evil.

Add to that the idea/excuse this was being done to save their souls in the name of Jesus add to this evilness.

But people who were probably atheist, who persecuted and killed Patron Saints or Martyr's do not destroy this notion to you??, That atheists could be wrong? And Christians could be right?? Because the atheists directly asked the faithful ones to denounce Christ, and trample the cross, or be tortured, and killed...

Go read the patron saints of China, and see what they did to them, for believing in Christ...

When are you going to get it thru your thick skull that anyone who kills does not know a God??, and to make you feel better about it, they are not for "progressing humanity" either!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 04:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think, Digger, that the reason is sociological.

Computer savvy people tend towards irreligion. And the irreligious, like all minorities, are noisy and adamant. Possibly have more time on their hands. And minorities gain confidence from each other and restraints on vituperation are slackened. Plus there is anger at being a minority. That drives away religious people.

Pushing science at the expense of religion might be beneficial to certain careers. It can even be a career.

Obviously an atheist life is not pointless. It isn't given to anyone to declare a life pointless.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:07 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I think, Digger, that the reason is sociological.

Computer savvy people tend towards irreligion. And the irreligious, like all minorities, are noisy and adamant. Possibly have more time on their hands. And minorities gain confidence from each other and restraints on vituperation are slackened. Plus there is anger at being a minority. That drives away religious people.

Pushing science at the expense of religion might be beneficial to certain careers. It can even be a career.

Do you believe atheists are doing well, or more wrong than good by this/these ways???

What was the point of calling me a digger???
spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I thought a SpadeMaster would be hot at digging.

Atheists are okay until the critical arguments are brought up. Then they run away. They use Ignore and don't answer questions put to them by using insults instead of rebuttals.

Do they actually want everybody to come round to their point of view and produce an atheist society? If they answer that in the affirmative then they need to describe what it is they are asking us to buy. As things stand they have the luxury of evading such issues.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:00 am
@spendius,
I can agree....

But I still do not understand what you a referring to by a digger, or digging? Can you please explain as simple as possible what you mean??

I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by the terminology...Thanks
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:02 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Atheists are okay until the critical arguments are brought up. Then they run away. They use Ignore and don't answer questions put to them by using insults instead of rebuttals.
Once again, a childish misrepresentation of facts.

1.Answering your "questions" would automatically assign a certain amount of credibility to you by the mere give and take. I, for one, am merely amused at your naive worldview and I can see how it derives from a theistic mindset. I dont buy any of your precepts (Ive outgrown them many decades ago) so why should I answer anything that is only valid from your POV not mine?. If you wish to study the deep recesses of your navel, dont assume that people who dont join in are "Running from you". Thats mere conceit that theists adopt from their status in history.
Its as if I started a conversation claiming the moon is made of green cheese and I get all torqued off at your non-response. Id truly be the idiot because youd merely be exercising good logic by "Not feeding the silly theory" with continued discussion.

2. Putting someone like you on ignore merely speeds up the flow of real ideas. Your often lengthy and substance -free postsget in the way like it was some "Pop-up" ad . A2K has thoughtfully afforded us the opportunity to not lose the flow of things by "disappearing " your vacuous and irrelevant posts. I for one, dont need another "annotated thread" where spendi provides really dutzy play by play and tries to insult everyone above. (Your sad little game had been discovered many years ago and most people of good sense just ignore you).

Its discretion and a conversational interest in the topic at hand, not fear of the great and powerful spendi that causes folks to not include you in their conversations.

spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:11 am
@farmerman,
But the moon is not made of green cheese.

See what I mean SpadeMaster. One long insult. No answer to the question.

Here it is again--

Quote:
Do they actually want everybody to come round to their point of view and produce an atheist society? If they answer that in the affirmative then they need to describe what it is they are asking us to buy. As things stand they have the luxury of evading such issues.

A silly rant is all fm can manage.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:11 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Plus there is anger at being a minority.

Do you not mean anger with being a minority?? If you mean at, How do religious have anger toward atheists??
spendius

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades are used for digging. A SpadeMaster must be a top notch digger.
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 06:18 am
@spendius,
Quote:
But the moon is not made of green cheese.
By jove I think he got it
0 Replies