Atheists... Your life is pointless

BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 08:42 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Quoting a notorious slave owner to make a moral point says more about your primitive brain functions than anything else.

Attacking a man in 1770s for owning slaves?

Given also that the bible have no problem with being a slaveholder it is also interesting attacking a man morals for being a slave owner in order to defend a faith that had no problem with being such.

We will not even go near Moses ordering his people to kill children in the arms of their mothers..................
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 08:49 am
@BillRM,
As i said, until you can post in coherent English, you'll get no posts from me which are pertinent to the subject of the thread. You're such an idiot that you don't even realize you are ranting about religion to an atheist. What a tool.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 08:57 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Given also that the bible have no problem with being a slaveholder it is also interesting attacking a man morals for being a slave owner in order to defend a faith that had no problem with being such.

I wasn't defending any faith, I was pointing out your stupidity. You don't have to be a Christian to believe you're a moron.
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 09:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You don't have to be a Christian to believe you're a moron.

Hehehehe . . . that was worth repeating. It was a rather cavalier insult to morons, though.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:17 am
@Setanta,
Does not bother me one little bit if you find an excess to run away or not as I will keep on posting for the majority of the people reading this thread.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:20 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I wasn't defending any faith, I was pointing out your stupidity

Is that your very best pointing as you seems to not have a working pointer and one can only hope you can hit the toilet bowl or at least sit down first with such a poor pointer.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I wasn't defending any faith, I was pointing out your stupidity

Oh you are not interested in the subject of the thread so you are just following me around looking to do your charming insults it would seems.

Suggest you get a life or at least get lay.
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:57 am
@BillRM,
". . . find an excess to run away?" Was that English? Are you trying for the Yogi Berra award? I'm not "running away," i find it entertaining to see you flogging the putrid corpse of that long-dead horse. Flail away, bright boy.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 11:07 am
@Setanta,
Poor baby as there is no real defense for fairy tales you are trying the next best thing.
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 11:13 am
@BillRM,
God you're an idiot. I am not attempting to defend anything. It just hasn't sunk in with you that i'm what the god squad calls an atheist, has it? No, i'm just here enjoying your idiocy and your failing attempts to use the English language. You can't beat this site for comic relief.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:01 pm
@BillRM,
What Setanta is concerned about is that if you are an atheist and an idiot using idiotic arguments people will automatically assume that if he's an atheist he will be similarly endowed.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Oh you are not interested in the subject of the thread so you are just following me around looking to do your charming insults it would seems.

Suggest you get a life or at least get lay.

I'm not following you around you sad loser. What is 'get lay' supposed to mean? Are 4 letter words too difficult for you? As for the thread suject, I suppose it depends on the atheist. A lot of atheists lead valuable and productive lives. You don't.
0 Replies

jedpaull

Tue 13 Dec, 2011 09:46 am
We have morals because of the cosmic coincidences that created this universe, and the world and the first spark of life from the smallest and most basic forms of amino acids and proteins, that evolved into the animals we are today. we have morals, and emotions because we have the most complex brains of any creature on the planet, with a neural cortex that can process emotions, and because of our vast intelligence and unique ability to be self aware. This is the key, self awareness.without it, we would not have a reason to believe in a god. If we are not aware of our own existence and are driven only by instinctive impulses lodged in our DNA, we would not be afraid of death, or hunger, or pain, or what is coming next, nor happiness or sadness. No fear of death, no need to have a god or heaven or hell to go to, nor the fear of failing in his almighty eyes and being sent to an eternity of anguish. simply, were have morals because we chose to have them. We use our amazing intelligence to make this world a better place because we are self aware, and we want to live in a world that is good. Without happiness there is no point in living. If I am going to be put on this planet against my will with no choice, I at least want to be happy or there is no point in existing. I do believe that life has no meaning, it was not destined to be, nor does anything we do matter to each of us as individuals after we die. I don't care what happens after I am gone, I'll be dead, my life will be meaningless for me, which is really all that matters to me in the end;' But I chose to make my life worth living while I'm alive because I don't want to be forced to be here and be unhappy.
cicerone imposter

Tue 13 Dec, 2011 11:53 am
@jedpaull,
You touched on the realities of life on earth; many live a hell-like existence right here on this planet. Don't need no "hell" that the religious love to emphasize for sinners.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 10:02 am
@jedpaull,
Quote:
, we would not be afraid of death, or hunger, or pain, or what is coming next, nor happiness or sadness.

So you never share your life with a pet of any kind?

Sorry but fear and even happiness and sadness is hardly emotions belonging only to humans and that is putting it mildly.

Hell the reason we can bond with higher mammals such as dogs and cats is that there are great overlap in common emotions.

Of course the deeply religion people have to see humans as different in kinds not just degrees from the other animals lives we share this world with as after all we was created in god imagine or some such nonsense.
spendius

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:42 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Of course the deeply religion people have to see humans as different in kinds not just degrees from the other animals lives we share this world with as after all we was created in god imagine or some such nonsense.

We are different in kind. And there is no need to be religious to be aware of it.

We might bond with animals for reasons to do with ourselves and nothing to do with the animals. We are certainly pretty selective about it.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:18 pm
@spendius,
If man was created in god's image; that means god must eat, pee and ****. Where did he get his food before he created them? Why does god have a penis? Does he have a woman, or is he a homosexual?
spendius

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
With that sort of stuff ci. you should be in line for a post in the kindergarten of an atheist training centre.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:29 pm
@spendius,
spendi, Atheists don't have "organizations" like religion. Our holy scripture is about facts, not fiction with all the errors, omissions, and contradictions that any 10-year old can find.

Cyracuz

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Stories constructed from facts can be just as fictitious as stories constructed from beliefs. And there are contradictions in the "holy scripture" of the big bang as well.
I am not trying to vindicate or support religious scripture in any way, I just wanted to point out that sometimes the certainty of those who think science is contradiction free and isn't at all supported by beliefs, can be just as silly as it's religious equivalent.