Atheists... Your life is pointless

BillRM

Thu 17 Nov, 2011 11:19 pm
If you seek for evidence of the great pumpkin existence, you'll find a lot but you will not be satisfied.
When you are alone and feel empty, you'll know He is existing.
You can never say you don't feel any emptiness in life if you do not believe there is a higher than all of us and that is God.

He is an ever-loving great pumpkin that accepts us no matter who we are.
He is really the only one who can make you feel that He exists. And He will.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:20 am
@BillRM,
This is Bill's idea of humour, and is probably why he gets thumbed down so much. However, unlike everything else he writes, it is grammatically correct, he should use a writing frame more often.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:57 am
@izzythepush,
Not only is it grammatically correct but of far more important it is logically correct.

There is no argument that can be make for a Christian god existing that does not also support the great pumpkin or a millions forgotten tribal gods for that matter existing.

Being a cat lover I will give my vote to Bastet the cat god.

How adults can believe in illogical fairy tales is beyond my understandings.

Footnote here I had always heared that Englishmen are far less idiots when it come to religion then Americans but then I am not too surprise that you do not follow that rule.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:16 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry but perhaps I am doing you an injustice and you are not a true believer but are just following me around looking for chances to launch an insult in my direction.

If so it may reflect better on your intellect but it also would indicate that you do not have a life worth living.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:36 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Footnote here I had always heared that Englishmen are far less idiots when it come to religion then Americans but then I am not too surprise that you do not follow that rule.
You do though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:56 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Sorry but perhaps I am doing you an injustice and you are not a true believer but are just following me around looking for chances to launch an insult in my direction.

If so it may reflect better on your intellect but it also would indicate that you do not have a life worth living.

I've got better things to do than follow you around. Once you comment on a thread it appears on my posts. You're no fun to argue with because you've got no sense of humour, coupled with a fervent belief in your own infallability. You're not that different from those fire and brimstone preachers who take a literalist approach to the Bible. You're just as inflexible, dogmatic and self-righteous.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:15 am
@izzythepush,
Yes I have faith in logical and science as unlike the religion nuts I can point to the fruit of science and technology.

Second fairy tales are fairy tales and deserve zero respect for being anything but fairy tales.

If you wish to grant the Christian and other modern faiths respect your would also need to grant the same respect for all the gods that mankind had ever dream up.

So you are telling me you are for granting the Greek and Roman Gods respect and if we had such followers of these gods here we should grant them respect?
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:24 am
God, Bill is hilarious. I've never encountered an allegely native speaker of English who was unable to distinguish between nouns and adjectives, or didn't know when to use past participles and infinitives. If nothing else, he entertains through his butchery of the language.

"Yes I have faith in logical and science . . . "--i just about busted a gut laughing at that one.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:31 am
@Setanta,
That good as I had the same reaction to those who are true believers except for a little concern that such had have the charming habit of torturing those who do not share their faith or flying planes into building for that matter of those who do not share their faith and that dim my laugher.
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:55 am
@BillRM,
You can't beat Bill for language comedy.
spendius

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 05:04 am
@BillRM,
The fruits of science and technology (Western science and technology being a fruit of Christianity) are either terrifying or ridiculous in the absence of a moral code. The idea that the strong and the wealthy formally and officially take care of the weak and the poor is a Christian institution. Science and technology can have no moral code. Science accepts the survival of the fittest in a nature red in tooth and claw.

So what you need Bill to make your first statement have any sense is a moral code derived from first principles or accept there be no moral code. And you need to start framing your principles, if you choose to have any moral code, on the assumption that everybody accepts your viewpoint. You can't begin with over 2oo million Christians.

The likelihood that it is just the Christian moral code on sex you object to for your own convenience is not an argument for rejecting Christianity as a whole and your rejection of Christian moral codes on sex requires you to offer an alternative or to have no sex regulation.

Fairy tales are teaching aids.

Christians have no need to respect the gods of other religions. Why respect gods that led to the downfall of those cultures? Evolution theory rejects such an idea.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:09 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You can't beat Bill for language comedy.

And you surely can not beat the truly religion for child like illogical that can be amusing at least until someone or some group of them decide to begin killing in the name of the lord.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:19 am
@spendius,
Quote:
wealthy formally and officially take care of the weak and the poor is a Christian institution

LOL the church and the priesthood surely had a long and proud history of taking care of the poor and the weak!!!!!!!!!!

In fact a large percent of the tortures and the killings done in the name of Jesus was done to free not souls but wealth from the victims for the benefit of the church.

Quote:
Christians have no need to respect the gods of other religions.

There is no more logical reasons to respect the Christian or other modern gods then any of the others at least where you can no longer be kill for being a non-believer.
Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:21 am
@BillRM,
Another language boner . . . you're priceless. You can rant to your heart's content about religion, Bill, it's no skin off my nose.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:36 am
@Setanta,
That good as I am planning on attacking anyone with facts and logic when they come into the public square trying to sell nonsense that I rejected as nonsense at the age ten.
spendius

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:36 am
@BillRM,
The subject is completely beyond your mental capacities Bill. Outside your understanding. You must be particularly tiresome in company. Why don't you just get on with your sexual promiscuity and stop trying to justify it using your ignorance of historical perspective. The true libertine doesn't give a **** about the things you rant about. He's way past where he was at ten.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:
just get on with your sexual promiscuity

It remarkable that my wife and I would not know what you are talking about unless your sub religion group/cult is one of those who look down on having married sexual relations.

Please tell me that I had sin by having sex with my wife................

Hmm we only been married since 2006 and been having a sexual relationship since 1982 so perhaps that what you mean?

0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:53 am
@BillRM,
You'll get a pertinent response from me just as soon as you post in the English langauge. Your egotism is touchingly funny and pathetic.
BillRM

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 07:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You'll get a pertinent response from me just as soon as you post in the English langauge. Your egotism is touchingly funny and pathetic

If you do not care for my writings on the subject of religion perhaps you will enjoy the third president of the US and a founding father and the author of the Declaration of Independence writings on the subject!!!!!!!

Please feel free to find errors in his grammar and spelling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820

To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no god, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise: but I believe I am supported in my creed of materialism by Locke, Tracy, and Stewart. At what age of the Christian church this heresy of immaterialism, this masked atheism, crept in, I do not know. But heresy it certainly is.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, Aug. 15, 1820

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Apocalypse], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2011 08:10 am
@BillRM,
It's probably best that you just cut and paste from now on, if you want to avoid looking ridiculous. Quoting a notorious slave owner to make a moral point says more about your primitive brain functions than anything else.