spendius

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 10:52 am
@izzythepush,
I don't understand your point izzy.
Arella Mae

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 11:09 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I was just pointing out to A M that Spendius is an atheist that is supporting the God that she is worshiping!
I wonder how many other atheist that are out there telling Christians that they should worship god and not teach evolution to the children?

He is rather odd as I have not known too many that confess of it!

Probably more than you know. There is this one gentleman in one of the Christian Chatrooms. He believes every single word in the Bible. He knows scripture better than a lot of Christians do. He says he has blasphemed the holy spirit and therefore cannot be forgiven. He doesn't believe in evolution either. You just never know.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:02 pm
@spendius,
Just pointing out de Sade's perspective that's all. A lot of people just think of him for the pervy stuff, but the things he witnessed from his cell were far more disgusting than his most wayward romances.
spendius

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:14 pm
@izzythepush,
But I don't remember reading of piles of rotting corpses outside his cell door.

The "scientists" on the evolution threads seem pretty scared of the genius. They presumably think I am trying to link his atheism to his supposed excesses.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:07 pm
@spendius,
Maybe I was being a little overdramatic, I'll let Sade tell you about Picpus hospital prison himself,
'an earthly paradise, a lovely building, a magnificent garden, choice company, charming women, then all at once the guillotine is set up directly under our windows and they began to dispose of the dead in the middle of our garden...we buried 1800 in thirty-five days.'
izzythepush

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Some people think Justine was his greatest opus, but I quite like Smooth Operator.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 04:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The Bible is one long protest against barbarity

The bible clearly promote sick behaviors and it followers had a rich history from two thousands years ago to a few minutes ago of bad behaviors toward their fellow men and women,
Chights47

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 04:51 pm
@BillRM,
I don't agree, I don't doubt that the Bible can promote sick behaviors, but it also promotes positive morality. I think pretty much everything can be demonized into being a bad thing and it's actually done so quite often. Atheist like you are so hypocritical, you talk about the ignorance of Christians who only focus on certain parts of the Bible and blind themselves to the rest. What you don't realize (or simply ignore) is that you are doing the exactly same thing only focusing on the negative parts.
spendius

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:03 pm
@Chights47,
I would say that the Bible can only promote sick behaviours to people who are sick to begin with and searching for a way to get sicker.
Chights47

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:29 pm
@spendius,
That sort of how I view it. Christianity promotes both love and hate. A lot of my co-workers are Christian and they are by far, some of the greatest people that I've met. There are also "christians" like the people at the westboro baptist church that only spread irrational hate.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:48 pm
@Chights47,
You can created a G rated bible by cutting and pasting but if you view the bible as a whole it paint a sick and evil god that no sane person would love and would only worship under the threat of hell fire.
reasoning logic

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:59 pm
@BillRM,
You are correct in my opinion but believe it or not I found the wisdom not to trust it from the bible it self! I know that sounds rather odd it was as if there were some very wise philosophers that included hints that all truth would be distorted by mankind.
0 Replies

Chights47

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:00 pm
@BillRM,
Wow, I really only have 2 questions for you. Do you really read to understand what someone posts or do you just get a vague idea and run with it, and do you actually think about what you post? These are more rhetorical questions because discussing anything with you is futile because of your ignorance. It's actually people like you that are completely detrimental to the Atheist cause and the reason why the term Atheist is demonized so much.
reasoning logic

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:08 pm
@Chights47,
I think that you are very wise myself but please forgive me for reading the bible like a book and for also coming to the same conclusion as bill!

Do not get me wrong that was not what I was hoping for, I was hoping for the opposite but the more I read, it seem to be describing how us as the fifth ape have evolved morally! We still seem to have a long ways to go.
reasoning logic

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:14 pm
@Chights47,
If we can get rid of the negative parts I might be all for it but even so I do not like to teach people things that can not be proven unless they are for a very positive cause and then I do not like lying about it!
Arella Mae

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you understand why Jesus was sent to die? Do you know what He taught at the Sermon on the Mount? Do you know what are the two greatest commandments. How many times did Jesus say to kill anyone? Or insult anyone? Or hurt anyone? What does the bible say pure religion is?

Do you understand the difference between the Old and New Testament? Just a few things to thing about. You are like many people. You pick the parts that you like and don't usually bother to try to understand the parts you don't like.
BillRM

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:17 pm
@Chights47,
Oh?

I am not an expert on th bible or the Christian religion, as life is too short to become an expert on nonsense, however I had always found that I happen to know more about the subject then the vast majority of Christians so if I am ignorance on the subject in your opinion so are most of the true believers.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:18 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Do you understand why Jesus was sent to die?

Wrong place at the wrong time.
Arella Mae

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:21 pm
@izzythepush,
I wasn't about to preach the gospel. I was asking reasoning because it seems the only thing he knows about the bible are things he doesn't consider good.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Or insult anyone? Or hurt anyone? What does the bible say pure religion is?

Using a whip against money changers that was a needed part of keeping the Temple in business in changing Rome coins into local coins that the priests was allow to accept seem an act of a fool and a criminal.