what tipe of religion are you

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:31 am
Your one-sided views and ineptitude with the English language taken quite aside, i have no further interest in any exchange with you. I have reported you to the moderators for calling me an anti-semite. Have the courtesy, if you haven't the good sense, not to address me again.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:36 am
au1929 wrote:
brahmin
To begin with the Ethiopian Jews are and have been accepted as Jews by the state of Israel.
As to anti Semites, that there are anti-Semites living in the US, Canada or elsewhere does not brand a nation as anti-Semitic. No more than branding it anti-Catholic, Christian, Islamic and, etc., because there are people of that stripe living therein.

i am not branding nations as anti semitic.

if i did that, its a mistake.

what i meant to say, that once even a single instance is recorded in any nation of the slightest anti semitism, then that nation can no longer claim to be totally un-anti-semitic.

as we can.

as for israel and ethopians - thats very nice. but i do know that a lot of manipuri and cochin (kerela) jews have not been accepted or at least initially weren't (now they are considered the hoiliest of holy - the ben-e-israel itself - by some scholars. others still express doubts). i have a few articles written by an american jewish scholar friend of mine - if you give me time i can did them up in my computer.

perhaps because ethiopea/abyssynia has always been historically very close to the land of canaan - if i know right king sholmo was from there or something.
so with ethiopea, and yemen, the equation changes somewhat.
also if the acceptance took place at the time of israel's inception (not saying that it was) - well that also changes the equations somewhat.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:40 am
au1929 wrote:
To begin with the Ethiopian Jews are and have been accepted as Jews by the state of Israel.

and so have Yemenite Jews, who have dark complexions. but brahmin was only referring to Jewish converts, so i'm not sure these examples are germane.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:41 am
Brahmin wrote
Quote:
also you can ask any Jewish friends in Israel, if you have a few like i do, and they will corroborate that the 2nd law is a conditional law - if the state of Israel finds that someone is converting to Judaism with emigration to a first world/western country as the sole aim - they reserve the right to deny that person citizenship. its commonplace, as any true israeli citizen/sabra will attest.

As well they should that is not conversion it is subterfuge.

Regarding how Jews feel about the US. It is the land of milk and honey and a refuge from the persecution of the old world. . You can take that from one whose family came to the US from Eastern Europe at the beginning of the 20th century.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:42 am
Setanta wrote:
Your one-sided views and ineptitude with the English language taken quite aside, i have no further interest in any exchange with you. I have reported you to the moderators for calling me an anti-semite. Have the courtesy, if you haven't the good sense, not to address me again.

sorry, not that its been a pleasure interacting with you, but i just had to post one last comment at you.

"your one sided views and ineptitude with the english language"

nice "witch hunt" you came up with - for me having inarguably nailed you for alleging that hindus "break mosques and assault moslems".

well you are a bad loser for sure. cos you didnt have an answer to that. and refused to accept that but instead came up with a totelly unrelated line of attack.

and i dont type all that well. i am used to dictating to my secretary - that too just the jist of the stuff. if thats not the case with you, then its to bad. but at least explains why you type so well and never make grammatical/spelling mistakes. typing sure seems one of your talents - but isnt mine i confess.

have a good day, yet again.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:46 am
yitwail wrote:
au1929 wrote:

and so have Yemenite Jews, who have dark complexions. but brahmin was only referring to Jewish converts, so i'm not sure these examples are germane.

yeah ty for pointing out - amidst all the confusion i failed to notice.

of course they were accepted - ethipean or yemenite - they still are jews.

the question was with people who converted/had a non jewish mom (as many of the "jews" in india have) .

no wonder israel was hesitant to give them citizenship.

plus there's another factor to consider - that of dancing around the rules - since it says that converts are allowed in - how about some guy (the type who tries to illegally enter western european and north american countries) converts - just so that he can escape somalia/bolivia and make a move to a first world-ish country like israel.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:51 am
au1929 wrote:

Regarding how Jews feel about the US. It is the land of milk and honey and a refuge from the persecution of the old world. . You can take that from one whose family came to the US from Eastern Europe at the beginning of the 20th century.

i didnt for once try to say that usa hasnt been good to the jews.

but for usa, jewery may have been dead.

what i said is that usa dont have a "clean chit".

its like someone who earns 100$ a month(india) and another guy who earns a million dollars(usa), a small percent (say 1%) of which is through insider trading or some other illegal way.

i mean for all the good that usa has done to the jews, for all the protection they gave, can you tell me that not a single act of anti semiticism has taken place? my jewish scholar friend in california wont say that. erich segal didnt either in the book class and acts of faith.

india hasn't been for the jews what usa has been - no george soros came with only a shirt on his back and made it big - but no one was touched in the slightest either.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:36 am
My only religion is world travel. I hope I can continue with relative good health to continue seeing more of this world.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:45 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
My only religion is world travel. I hope I can continue with relative good health to continue seeing more of this world.

thats my future religion.

would you mind sharing with me where you have travelled yet - on here - at the expense of hi-jacking this thread further, or on in p.m.

i'd be very interested to know - all the more so if you have a regular responsible office job - i mean how do you manage to juggle both - or does your work require you to travel around the world ? pls let me know,
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:50 am
brahmin, I'm sure the originator of this forum won't mind a little side bar (it happens on a2k all the time). I've traveled to over 90 countries with many repeats to places like the UK and London. I used to have a "responsible" job when I had a career, and worked in management positions for most of my work life. I am now retired - since 1998. To get a taste of one of my recent journeys, you can visit this link: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51885&start=0

I have traveled this past year to several destinations which includes Germany, Holland, UK, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Portugal, Barbados, Antarctica, Argentina, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, and Japan. I have two trips planned for this year to Japan in October (with my wife), and a cruise from Barcelona to Athens in November. I live a lucky and blessed life. Wink
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 12:09 pm
so i see - you have more miles and probably a better job than most.

well i am happy for you.

and wonderful pics too in that thread. ty for sharing.

er.. is there an "age ceiling" - can one enjoy far away places till 50ies even 60ies... i am not sure i can travel all the world, by next year. not that i am anything like 50 yet - far from it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 12:27 pm
brahmin, I'll be 70 in July, and enjoy relative good health. I've seen younger folks in worse shape than I am who should not be traveling in group tours, cause they slow down everybody. Some people don't have any common sense or courtesies for others on paid trips. On the other hand, I have also traveled with folks in the eighties who can best me on walking up hills and steps. Age is not the issue; it's about ability to keep up with the pack. On independent travel, it doesn't make any difference.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 12:44 pm
tyvm for the lowdown.

and wish you good health for a long time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 12:45 pm
Thank you, and same to you. Wink
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:43 am
Setanta wrote:
Ireland, the homeland of my ancestors, has never tortured or persecuted the Jews--get your facts straight.

i just did !!!

http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/anti-semitism_global_incidents_2004.asp#Ireland
http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/anti-semitism_global_incidents_2005.asp#ireland
http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/anti-semitism_global_incidents.asp#Ireland
http://www.atlanticblog.com/archives/000968.html (<--authenticity not guaranteed)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:45 pm
what tippe of religion ar u

I am an antirelgionistarian
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:51 pm
Dat surpraises me, Stive! :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
non c'nest pas possible

how are you Francis? great to hearfrom yo sorry its tehTrench excelent wine
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:03 pm
I'm fin! End you Stive? Areligionist now? Oh my gode!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:07 pm
Smile

je suis ok

mais le vin n'est pas excellent

et aussi well also and then it deteriorates into jibberash

bon soir mon ami
0 Replies