COULD THE USA BECOME A SECOND CLASS NATION IN OUR....

Milfmaster9

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 05:54 pm
yes the bysantine empire lastest till 1453 (i think?) when Constanople was sacked by the Ottoman Turks after a lengthy seige.. that empire peaked a few hundred years after the fall of the western empire with Justinian but declined slowly after, losing Anatolia and various territories.. it rose slightly again during the crusades but its power was completely crushed after a crusader army, denied entry by the bysantine emperor turned and sacked the city.. it waned and lastest only 200 years after its sack...
the american 'empire' still is extremely powerful, and even will continue to grow for the time being... china will surpass the US in 50+ years but ultimately within a few hundred years Russia will once again return to being a great power.. face it, russia is extremely large, vastly wealthy in minerials and oil..
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:55 pm
Russia does have vast holdings of land and resources. If it had had quality leadership and a responsive government, one wonders what would have happened by now.

Americans have a narrow perspective. Other than the Civil War, they have escaped the normal trials and tribulations endured by countries which are surrounded by other countries. We've only been considered powerful for what, 50 years? And lately, we have been increasing our isolation with the world community.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:51 pm
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:31 am
Hmmmm...well Berm, let's see who responds to your posting.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:35 am
My answer to the first question, as I haven't read the rest yet:

It might have happened quite quickly, had Saddam succeeded in his aim of pegging Iraqi oil to the Euro, and other developed nations then as a result came out of Dollars US.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:50 am
McTag, I hadn't heard that argument. As I understand it, the US's debt is held by many countries, one of which is China. How did we go from having extra dollars to deep debt in 5-6 years. Does anyone have the numbers?
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 05:18 pm
america is in the biggest amount of debt in world history.. a few trillion.... my national debt is 30+ or - billion... despite the massive difference between us two, trillions is rediculous because of their world dominating economy and military... the latter is the reason for its national debt.. could america afford another major war, (much larger than iraq), if one arises??
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:38 pm
I keep thinking about a quote from VP Cheney in response to our then Secretary of the Treasure who was concerned about our increased debt, "Reagan proved spending (debt) is not a problem...".
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:23 pm
Gov. Lamm is short-sighted and wrong. Experience shows that immigrants and their descendants within two generations are as American as natives in ideology and outlook (and language). And they bring new ideas and new drive to the mix.

And if we weren't so insular and monoglot, and just took the logical step of teaching Spanish as a second language to everyone from kindergarten up, and a little respect for cultural traditions, we'd be much better set to help weld the entire western hemisphere together, half the world, with huge resources, and just one more language needed on our part. Well, and if we learned the merengue, we'd have a much better sense of rhythm.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:49 am
Laughing I already think of Americans as second-class citizens in the world.

:wink: Whoops, that isn't nice is it?!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:07 am
flushd,
Would you outline some of your thinking?
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:28 pm
well to be honest, alot of americans are very dumb... a friend of mine was in the gym and there was an american man working out near him.. my friend being the tool he is had the flu and was sniffing and sneezing.. this american complained to the staff that he had bird flu and went rebuked left in a fuss!

another time in France, a few friends and i completely on the piss were in an irish bar as us irish do abroad... the beer was flowing and we were quite drunk when two american teenagers entered.. of course they starred at us for about thirty minutes before the big question was popped.. "u guys irish?".. overjoyed and telling us tall tales of their grand fathers and great grandfathers they brought us a round to a great cheer from all.. over the pint of 1664, i began to talk to one who i think was from westconson (mystery how to spell that) i in my drunken state told him about my recent trip to florida.. he enquired how did i get to florida and i told him i drove.. The New Trans - Atlantic Highway... 4000 miles of open road, from new york to galway in irealnd.. he was amazed and from the look in his eyes really believed me.. he asked me questions like how do u get food and 'gas'.. i replied there are mcdonalds' and burgerkings every 10 miles and gaspumps every 20.. later my friend told me that the guy i was talking to was a weirdo talking but driving across the atlantic on some road and getting to ireland that way..
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:55 pm
ha ha ha funny Milf...yeah I can imagine Laughing
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 05:11 pm
well im not slamming americans.. some are very nice hard working people.. well arnt nearly half of them obese now?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
Yes and I am one of them.....
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
COULD THE USA BECOME A SECOND CLASS NATION IN OUR....
Milfmaster9, if you don't mind my asking, what is your age?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
GWB = George With Bananas, is a banana republic wannabe dictator.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:03 am
Milfmaster9 wrote
Quote:

another time in France, a few friends and i completely on the piss were in an irish bar as us irish do abroad... the beer was flowing and we were quite drunk when two american teenagers entered.. of course they starred at us for about thirty minutes before the big question was popped.. "u guys irish?".. overjoyed and telling us tall tales of their grand fathers and great grandfathers they brought us a round to a great cheer from all.. over the pint of 1664, i began to talk to one who i think was from westconson (mystery how to spell that) i in my drunken state told him about my recent trip to florida.. he enquired how did i get to florida and i told him i drove.. The New Trans - Atlantic Highway... 4000 miles of open road, from new york to galway in irealnd.. he was amazed and from the look in his eyes really believed me.. he asked me questions like how do u get food and 'gas'.. i replied there are mcdonalds' and burgerkings every 10 miles and gaspumps every 20.. later my friend told me that the guy i was talking to was a weirdo talking but driving across the atlantic on some road and getting to ireland that way..

Remember, he was of Irish heritage. :wink:
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:59 am
Re: COULD THE USA BECOME A SECOND CLASS NATION IN OUR....
Mapleleaf wrote:
could the USA become a second class nation in our lifetime?

Nah.

But China and India will become our equals eventually.
0 Replies