Madonna Warns Of Hell And Damnation

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:14 am
I actually have huge respect for Madonna and all her many reinventions of herself. She's an amazing artist, a strong woman and a role model for young girls everywhere.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:14 am
eoe wrote:
It's just not that serious. It's ENTERTAINMENT. But this disco thing she's trying to revive??? Shhhheesh. Been there done that.

on c'mon eoe, let's girl dance to ABBA....

you can lead...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:19 am
material girl wrote:
Would it annoy you if i said I was NOT sat here seething with anger.I am going with the flow and thoroughly enjoying it.

Off by 2 years !!!70's to 84 is at least 4 years.
Apparently Vogue came out AFTER she had a kid, those events were 8 years apart and the other way around!!

The only place Ive seen this magazine article thats causing so much apparent hooha is on this forum, nowhere else!
All the info we have had in the UK about Mads is her wearing purple and blue and she has flicky Farrah Fawcet hair.

Bob- do you think she has done anything that other people havnt?

Do yuo think the media/people only focus on bad or sexual aspects of a 'celebs' life?

oh jesus MG, this is exactly what i'm talking about, give it a rest already, would ya, huh.

come over here and dance to ABBA with me and eoe and have some fun.

Mr. lablob & BVT, you can come over and dance too.

She's a dancing queen,
Young and sweet,
only seven-teen....

dancing queen,
feeling the beat of my tamborine.....ohhhhh yeah.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:20 am
eoe wrote:
It's just not that serious. It's ENTERTAINMENT. But this disco thing she's trying to revive??? Shhhheesh. Been there done that.

How crazy Madonna, a singer and songwriter is trying to revive(personaly I think it should never have gone)the disco era!!!
Arnt disco's meant for dancing?A place where music would come in handy.
I see this as MAdonna (among others)helping out the youth, getting them out, having fun, dancing, interacting, losing weight even!!
There has been a number of songs over the last few years that have focused on actual music with the message that it good to go out and dance.Instaed of love and going out and blowing your head off with a shotgun!Kurt Cobain, now theres a role model evry mother would prefer.

I know its not serious and its entertainment.Madonna is an entertainer!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
Chai- I will never give it a rest.Im kinda enetertained that your getting annoyed tho.Am I pushing yuor buttons?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
Never girl-danced. Cool

Bear is correct (and hopefully sincere). The fact that Madonna has been able to achieve what and where she is today says ALOT for her. Why are strong in-control women (Madonna, Cher, Streisand) always bashed by the "public"? Are they really THAT scary?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:24 am
eoe wrote:
Never girl-danced. Cool

Bear is correct (and hopefully sincere). The fact that Madonna has been able to achieve what and where she is today says ALOT for her. Why are strong in-control women (Madonna, Cher, Streisand) always bashed by the "public"? Are they really THAT scary?

I can't believe you would doubt my sincerity. Me, of all people. Sad
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:26 am
I think generally people dont like to see others do well, especially if they express that they dont care what others think of them.

Madonna is a supposed sex maniac!!
If she is, she doesnt feel bad about it, but people want her to be ashamed.

I recall Michael Douglas had a sex addiction, does he have the saem reputation or is he seen for the respected husband and father taht he is?!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
eoe wrote:
Never girl-danced. Cool

Oh, I see how it is, you're too cool and everything.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:30 am
Who said that Madonna was a sex maniac? Madonna herself? Laughing
Let's sing it together...P-U-B-L-I-C-I-T-Y...find out what it means to me.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:30 am
Chai Tea wrote:
eoe wrote:
Never girl-danced. Cool

Oh, I see how it is, you're too cool and everything.....

Way, way too cool. Cool
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 09:32 am
I use the sex maniac label as the 'life she has flaunted/you reap what you sew/you cant shake the past despite yuor best efforts' earlier type comment.

As Ive said she is seen as a a sexual predator not a singer.

Of course she wants publicity, she is selling something.Would you prefer her to knock on doors or hand out leaflets.
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 10:55 am
material girl wrote:

Bob- do you think she has done anything that other people havnt?

Do yuo think the media/people only focus on bad or sexual aspects of a 'celebs' life?

I think she's done alot of things that other people haven't but that's not really the point, imo. Doing something in the privacy of your own home and doing something and shovng it in the public's face are two different things entirely. She's earned her reputation for the very public things she's done and now she expects to be seen as a serious philosophical/religious entity. She may very well be, but the public's perception has been pretty well set in stone by her own actions in the past. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a Madonna basher at all. One the other hand, I don't give celebrities one more ounce of importance than I do the guy next door.

As for your second question, yes the media absolutely focuses on celebs and their personal lives. People like to be titilated and celebs provide an instant gratification for that.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:11 am
What has she done that others havnt?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:52 am
dlowan wrote:
But, unlike their vengeful impulses which they call god, I shall wish them no ill, torture or torment.

Just very little power.

Ditto!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 03:02 am
Why?
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
material girl wrote:
What has she done that others havnt?

Uh....published a book of graphic nudity and sexual content....produced videos with strong sexual content...created an international persona for the better part of two decades that established her as a self-styled sexual icon...

Not too many people in the real world have done that, dear.

These aren't necessarily bad things, mind you, but she has brought a good bot of criticism down on herself over the years for it and now she's posing as a moral icon. Seeing as she's specialized in recreating herself so many times over the years, it's a tad bit hollow to see her new "wholesome" image. If that's really her, then good on her. I'm glad she has children and a husband and a seemingly "normal" life, but she can't ever expect to escape her critics when for so many years she's done her best to bait them.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:07 am
The Kama Sutra, how many copies has that sold?There are building in India with naughty images emblazoned over them for all to see.
Da Vinci drew detailed pictures of certain body parts.
That sex book in the 70's with that guy with a beard(dont know what its called)

She has also written kids books but that obviuosly has to be overlooked, because it doesnt degrade her.

Videos, are you kidding,most artists have a sexual content in their videos, did you see Kate Moss wrapping herself around that pole in the White Stripes video!!?
Pamela anderson, Paris Hilton.I dont see the guys in those videos being mentioned.
David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Richard Gere,Marilyn Monroe and most of Hollywood are sexual icons.

I consider her to be a pretty lady with a great figure, why not show it off,like lots of women do, and men.

I think Madge last got her norks out well over 10 years ago, and people still remember it.
What about her -
charity work,
no TV at home,
healthy eating,
exercise,
collects art,
raises AIDS awareness,
writes songs,
writes books,
dresses well and inspires fashions,
got herself a great job and worked her arse off in a tough industry and did very well, inspires many other artists,
is a mother,
a wife,
a sister,
a boss,
doesnt get drunk,
doesnt take drugs.
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
You're missing my point. I'm not saying she's a bad person.

I'm saying that she will be criticized for her past actions especially when she starts preaching about damnation.

That's it. Geez, drink some gin.
0 Replies