• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,525 • Replies: 58
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 05:59 pm
<humph>

Your link brought up some thing with a monkey eating a banana and got stuck there.

Is this some kind of evolution trick?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:06 pm
Oh okay. It worked that time.

But you know.... I really haven't believed anything Madonna said since "I hear you call my name and it feels like home".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:27 pm
More evidence of the idiocy of the believers in hell and damnation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 07:40 pm
dlowan wrote:

...doesn't speak well of your viewpoint that your brush tries to paint Madonna and Mother Theresa as "the believers". It's just too easy to stand and throw rocks, dlowan.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 07:54 pm
Hey wait! Wait just a second here!

Are different "values" given to belivers?

Are some believers more worthy than others?

Please explain this hierarchy!

Snood, I really do get your drift but well.... it just doesn't make real sense to me.

It is easy to throw rocks at both Madonna and Mother Teresa.

But to tell you the truth, my slate isn't that clean.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:04 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "different values given to believers", but I think there are all kinds of people who say they're "believers" - jerks and saints among them. Just as there are all kinds of people who call themselves all sorts of other names. It is ludicrous to paint Billy graham with the same brush as Jerry Falwell, and I think if you do, your judgement sux.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:08 pm
Finally, Madonna hooks up with Pat Robertson; a match made in....
0 Replies

boomerang

Oh my.
0 Replies

Diane

Finally, Madonna hooks up with Pat Robertson; a match made in....well, I guess they have the same values.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:12 pm
"Oh my" to snood, not Diane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:33 am
snood wrote:
dlowan wrote:

...doesn't speak well of your viewpoint that your brush tries to paint Madonna and Mother Theresa as "the believers". It's just too easy to stand and throw rocks, dlowan.

Try reading before you carry on: "Believers in hell and damnation". Did you see that? No?

Did Mother Theresa preach hell and damnation, pray tell?

My understanding is that Catholic theology has moved on from fiery pits of everlasting torture, (and frankly I cannot see Mother Theresa preaching any such thing, even if the church still did, seeing the hell she knew so many endure here on earth) and I will consider those who preach such things about a god whom they also claim to be benevolent and forgiving as idiots, and say so, thank you very much.

But, unlike their vengeful impulses which they call god, I shall wish them no ill, torture or torment.

Just very little power.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:43 am
Im amazed that you think anything Madonna says is a 100% definate!

Its just her opinion, some people agree, others dont.

As far as I know about mother Theresa, she did alot of good but so do alot of other people that dont get their face appearing in burnt toast.

This uproar is exactly what Madonna is about, pushing buttons.
Life is a journey, we peel away layers and change throughout our lives, this is just where Madonna is right now.

I think Jesus would be happy to be associated with Madonna and Im sure he'd name drop her name to get in the paper.

Could someone explain to me why Madonna is a whore?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 04:42 am
material girl wrote:

Do you mean she doesn't mean it, or we should not leap to the conclusion there is a hell because she said there is? If the latter, I haven't.

material girl wrote:

Indeed.

material girl wrote:
As far as I know about mother Theresa, she did alot of good but so do alot of other people that dont get their face appearing in burnt toast.

That is one of the funniest statements I have ever seen on A2k!

Congratulations, MG! Truly, I never thought you had it in you!

material girl wrote:

Madonna doesn't push my buttons, nor Snood's. We push each other's. Madonna is just an excuse. Speaking for myself, of course.

Well, preachers of hell and damnation do. If Madonna were alone in preaching it, and consigning others to it, I wouldn't care. It would be just like her conical breast plate thing....odd, but not worthy of remark.

material girl wrote:
Life is a journey, we peel away layers and change throughout our lives, this is just where Madonna is right now.

You make life sound like a strip tease!

material girl wrote:
I think Jesus would be happy to be associated with Madonna and Im sure he'd name drop her name to get in the paper.

Wouldn't it be easier for him just to do miracles and such? I hear she is hard to get to see....

material girl wrote:

She is???!!!!!! I thought she already had plenty of money?

If she is a whore, I'd hazard a guess that either nature, or nurture, or a combination of the two made her one.

Or god, perhaps?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 04:54 am
dlowan wrote:
material girl wrote:

Do you mean she doesn't mean it, or we should not leap to the conclusion there is a hell because she said there is? If the latter, I haven't.

OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE ALL HEARD OF HELL, NOT EVEN MADONNA CAN CLAIM TO INVENTING HELL.SHE PROBABLY DOES MEAN IT, IT DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO AGREE
material girl wrote:

Indeed.
SHUCKS THANKS

material girl wrote:

That is one of the funniest statements I have ever seen on A2k!

Congratulations, MG! Truly, I never thought you had it in you!
THANKS YOU,I LIKE TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH, BUT WHY DID YOU THINK I DIDNT HAVE IT IN ME,HUH, WHY, HUH??

material girl wrote:

Madonna doesn't push my buttons, nor Snood's. We push each other's. Madonna is just an excuse. Speaking for myself, of course.

SHE HAS CLEARLY PUSHED ALL THE BUTTONS OF ANYBODY THAT POSTS ON THIS THREAD

Well, preachers of hell and damnation do. If Madonna were alone in preaching it, and consigning others to it, I wouldn't care. It would be just like her conical breast plate thing....odd, but not worthy of remark.

THE CONICAL BREASTS THING IS A JEAN PAUL GAULTIER IDEA, NOT MADONNAS.OTHER PEOPLE FOUND IT WORTH TALKING ABOUT AND HAS BECOME A COSTUME IMAGE CLASSIC.NOT NECESSARILY MY OPINION.

material girl wrote:

You make life sound like a strip tease!

IT CAN BE IF YOU MEET THE RIGHT PEOPLE

material girl wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier for him just to do miracles and such? I hear she is hard to get to see....

YEAH, COZ MIRACLES ARE EASIER THAN NAME DROPPING.

material girl wrote:

She is???!!!!!! I thought she already had plenty of money?

PERSONNALY I DONT THINK SHE IS, I JUST WONDERED WHY SOMEONE REFERED TO HER AS A WHORE.
I BELIEVE SHE WORKED HARD TO EARN HER MONEY.

If she is a whore, I'd hazard a guess that either nature, or nurture, or a combination of the two made her one.

Or god, perhaps?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:36 am
Madonna is an icon... You try and write and sing like her...

Then you have earned the right to let your opinion "live to tell"... Smile

Most people do not realize how hard song writing is...

http://rexred.com
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:50 am
I agree with the above but it doesnt necessarily mean her opinion is the only opinion to have plus she cant be descibed as a whore just because she is successful and a woman.

I love Madonna as you can probably tell by my user name, but the something she has taught me is to not give a hooha about what other people think and we are constantly changing.
I hear her opinion, I like it, I apply it when necessary but dont live my life by it.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:02 am
material girl wrote:
I agree with the above but it doesnt necessarily mean her opinion is the only opinion to have plus she cant be descibed as a whore just because she is successful and a woman.

I love Madonna as you can probably tell by my user name, but the something she has taught me is to not give a hooha about what other people think and we are constantly changing.
I hear her opinion, I like it, I apply it when necessary but dont live my life by it.

At least give fair consideration what other think...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:06 am
Most people have fallen prey to the (their own) casting couch but they have not gone on and become such a super star in their own right. Sex is beautiful in the right place and time... "express yourself"...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:19 am
RexRed wrote:
material girl wrote:

At least give fair consideration what other think...

I cant work out if your criticising me or not but if your not then great, if you are then surely exactly what I have said means that I DO consider other peoples opinions.

Madonna is an all round entertainer, singer/dancer/actress/writer etc its just that most people focus on her getting her kit off which is a shame.

Exactly, EXPRESS YOURSELF, DONT REPRESS YOURSELF.
Im not your b*tch, dont hang your sh*t on me.
0 Replies