Calling in sick??

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:35 pm
Bella Dea,

My pleasure. I admire anyone that will stand up for the truth in face of adversity!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:36 pm
shewolf's "special"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:37 pm
Shocked

I cant help i ride the little bus

Crying or Very sad

and stop tapping my helmet
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 03:56 pm
If this was so important to you and was an important situation, you should have come clean with your employer. You could have agreed to take the day without pay, and simply explained the importance to you and your family and that you planned it in advance of this job. Since this job is for pocket money, the money should not be a factor to you.

I once was in the process of accepting a new job. Prior to starting, I explained to my employer that I had scheduled and paid for a vacation to Aruba. I gave them the option of using my vacation time I would be entitled through the year end or not being paid. I did this out of respect for my new employer.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 04:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I wasn't making any thing up.

Well, you made up that she was "lying and calling in sick" for the second time, right - when all she'd said was that she had "called in during Katrina".

Sure, she could possibly have not been living in the region, and then she would have been calling in for no reason, but as it was you were making all that up, no?

And even after being pointed out that you did that, you go around posturing about how you're just "pointing out the truth" and "being blunt and honest"? Groan.

Bella Dea wrote:
My opinion is my opinion. I think she is worthless to the company.

And you extrapolate that she is "worthless to the company" because ... she fibbed about a day off.

You didnt know anything about what kind of work she did, or how hard she worked on other days, or what could or could not go wrong if she was out for the day, or whether colleagues would even be affected at all - you didnt know any of that - but - ready to judge and sentence someone as a worthless employee.

I'm sorry, Viv, to be fighting this out over your head, because I realise that's what I'm doing. But this judgemental crap is all over the effing board. I'm amazed the lengths posters will extrapolate to on the personal forums. The Politics forum is respectful in comparison.

Bella Dea wrote:
It's just that a lot of people can't take it and get pissed when I call them out.

Projection is the word that comes to mind here. Compare Viv's reaction to being "called out" (politely acknowledging that, hey, of course it wasnt kosher what she did, but such and so is why she did it, for the record) to your reaction: playing victim about how you're being "crucified", shouting back that you "can't wait until the day" that I'll be "screwed over time and time again", posturing about how you're just "pointing out the truth" and won't give no "sugar coated version"...

I think I like Viv, cause at least she had the dignity to look into the mirror you all held up to her and say, yep, thats me - I do some bad stuff too. That's a kind of modesty thats apparently hard to muster.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 06:55 am
It's funny that everyone else here has said the same thing I have and yet, I'm the one who gets beaten up for it. Just because I refuse to sugar coat it to make viv feel better about herself, I get called out.
nimh wrote:

And even after being pointed out that you did that, you go around posturing about how you're just "pointing out the truth" and "being blunt and honest"? Groan.

This is your biggest point? If you want, I can rephrase it to say that she lied and faked sick and that no one can respect a liar. Is that better for you?

nimh wrote:

you didnt know any of that - but - ready to judge and sentence someone as a worthless employee.

As for judgments, I have repeatly said that this was MY opinion. Get it, MY opinion, not yours. Perhaps I should just start nodding my head and agreeing with everyone elses opinion. Then I wouldn't be such a bitch, eh?

I guess opinions are no longer welcome in this cattle herd. Moo.

nimh wrote:

playing victim about how you're being "crucified", shouting back that you "can't wait until the day" that I'll be "screwed over time and time again", posturing about how you're just "pointing out the truth" and won't give no "sugar coated version"...

Not playing victim. I am flatly stating I refuse to bend on this. Lying is the worst offense in my book. If you can handle a liar, more power to you. But lying to me signals a professional character flaw that I don't tolerate.

Go ahead. Take everything I said and repost to prove that I am a two faced hypocritical meanie but I won't back down. What she did was wrong and makes her someone I don't need. You failed to repost and reply to the part where I talked about that....

nimh wrote:

I think I like Viv, cause at least she had the dignity to look into the mirror you all held up to her and say, yep, thats me - I do some bad stuff too. That's a kind of modesty thats apparently hard to muster.

I could like Viv too, as a person outside of the business world. But you are excusing her "mistake". She asked and was told how unethical many people find it and still did it. That's the mentality of a selfish employee and again, one I would not want in my company. She might very well be a wonderful person but we aren't talking about her personal life now are we?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 11:26 pm
I haven't read a post on this thread since page 2 or 3, but I have to say, Nimh, you are a sensible man and you make great points. But bella has a shaved peach, has had a threesome, and is the girl on A2K I'd most like to dive into and lick for hours and hours, like an everlasting gobstopper.

She wins.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 12:27 am
20 Best Excuses for Calling in Sick

I was sprayed by a skunk.

I tripped over my dog and was knocked unconscious.

My bus broke down and was held up by robbers.

I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity.

I forgot to come back to work after lunch.

I couldn't find my shoes.

I hurt myself bowling.

I was spit on by a venomous snake.

I totaled my wife's jeep in a collision with a cow.

A hitman was looking for me.

My curlers burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser.

I eloped.

My brain went to sleep and I couldn't wake it up.

My cat unplugged my alarm clock.

I had to be there for my husband's grand jury trial.

I had to ship my grandmother's bones to India.

I forgot what day of the week it was.

Someone slipped drugs in my drink last night.

A tree fell on my car.

My monkey died.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 12:33 am
http://www.getodd.com/raz/sickday/sickday.html
0 Replies

viv411

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 09:45 am
I once again thank all for your thoughts and advice. Special thanks now for cerealkiller for that website....I'll be looking into it. It's very funny. Thanks lol.
0 Replies