Farewell, JoanneDorel. Thanks for what you brought us.

djjd62

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 06:47 pm
he may have visited but not yet posted again
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:11 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I find it a little unsettling that her husband has not revisited the thread.

Me too, edgar. But, I'll rephrase, I'm unsettled he hasn't posted on this thread beyond the first post. Perhaps he wouldn't even know how to find it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:12 pm
I was wondering about David, too.

If I left a message to my children to do this sort of thing--they may think it odd, but they'd do it.

Not having any knowledge of anyone here--and their sources of support being elsewhere--and funerals, thank you notes, and family to contend with--(putting my family in David's place)--if he does reappear, which I'd think doubtful, it will likely be in a few weeks out of curiosity.

Possibly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:17 pm
I thought a couple weeks out of curiousity. Or maybe more. If any of my loved ones killed themselves, I'd want to come here looking for any clues and/or revisiting their lives apart.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:21 pm
<someone from A2K has been trying to get in touch with David IRL>

It may be slightly complicated, as they had tickets to fly to the East Coast to visit Joanne's family for today.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:22 pm
Clary wrote:
Strange - my husband committed suicide in April...

Clary,

I hadn't seen your response until now. What I had said about the months of October and April was told to me by a psychiatrist. I have also seen medical news stories mentioning that in the past decade psychologists have been studying what is known as "seasonal affective disorder".
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:39 am
I'm not surprised David hasn't posted. I think JLN knows David personally and might have an understanding of how he might respond, but when the husband of an ex-coworker of mine committed suicide her response included withdrawal from everyone who knew him and anger at him and his friends. It took about 6 months before she was able to work through her emotions to the point where she could contact his friends.

Wandel, Mr B suffers from SAD, as does my oldest daughter. March and April are their most difficult months. Living in So. Cal would have helped Joanne avoid much of the extreme changes in length of days that we northeners face.

Joanne suffered from PTSD and depression. My historical thoughts on suicide were that it is the ultimate in selfish acts. Since spending the last 16 years with sufferers of seasonal depression and the previous 13 years with someone who suffered from major depression and bouts of suicidal thoughts, I've changed my opinion from one of selfishness to one that acknowledges the lack of personal strength to live with the unlivable. Having never faced those demons myself, I have no basis to judge.

My continued condolences to David and Joanne's friends and loved ones. And to Joanne, who I didn't know well, my you rest in peace.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:44 am
Personally, I think that David had a lot of guts to post what he did. I did not know him, and I would not expect him to bare his soul to a forum of strangers. I give him a lot of credit for what he did, and really have no expectations of him continuing on A2K.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:21 am
Same here Phoenix and kudos to JB for changing her perception of depression sufferers.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 05:10 pm
David
You have my deepest sympathies. Like many of the others here, I knew Joanne back on abuzz and then over here and I am very sad to hear this news.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 05:14 pm
I don't fault David for absolutely anything. He was good enough to let us know about Joanne. I'm just thankful he let us know, and the people on a2k that have responded is enough - for me. c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:11 pm
Oh, I don't fault him! I don't expect him to come. I just wish he would.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:14 pm
I'm not putting David down, just wishing for communication with him.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:13 pm
Remember, David posted Joanne's death on her A2K account. He is not a member.

When David mentioned Cav and Mary Pope, he was obviously relaying Joanne's last wishes, but he is not an A2K member and in the chaotic aftermath of suicide A2K is not a place he would seek personal comfort.

We loved Joanne and we ache for both Joanne and David, but David has must choose his own priorities for survival.

Loving strangers may not be one of those priorities.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:17 pm
Noddy, Well put, and I agree.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 07:11 pm
Aloha `oe, aloha `oe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
"One fond embrace", a ho`i a`e au
"Until we meet again."

ALOHA `OE
Farewell to Thee
Na Ka Mô`î Wahine Lili`uokalani
By Queen Lili`uokalani

aloha, jd.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 07:33 pm
Aloha ahiahi, Pueo. Aloha 'ino!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 07:35 pm
Pueo, your post was beautiful!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 12:40 pm
This is sad. I just saw this thread--Joanne had sent me several messages about visiting Seattle next month. I was looking forward to it. Her last PM on the subject was sent just a few days before her husband sent his message.

I would've liked to have met her...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
J_B, I havn't met David. He and Joanne were to visit us a couple of months ago, but neither showed up nor called on the agreed upon dates. Joanne did call weeks later to apologize for not calling us. She gave as an explanation her psychological state. Poor gal. Life was very hard for her. I would not expect David to call. We are not part of his life.
0 Replies