Farewell, JoanneDorel. Thanks for what you brought us.

BorisKitten

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 10:26 am
David, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Perhaps one small good thing may come of this... you may join us here on A2K, and feel the sense of caring, the sense of Family many of us never had.

My sister committed suicide many years ago. For me, the only comfort was feeling perhaps she'd gone to a better, happier place. And if not, her suffering was over.

I was also comforted by the old Jewish saying, "Let the dead bury the dead." For those of us left alive, well, we can only go on living.

I'm sorry if I said the wrong things. I mean to help and comfort.

Welcome to A2K. I hope we get to know you in the months and years to come.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 10:38 am
David, I am heartbroken over this news. Joanne was one of the first to befriend me here and we have kept in touch for a long time, as we shared many friends in the DC area. In fact I believe that she had met my parents a few times back in the 60's.

I had a horrible suspicion when she didn't answer this post;she was so good about replying.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1598693#1598693

I have some PM's in my inbox that will remain til I too am gone.

I am devastated.

"So long ,farewell. It's been good to know you"
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:44 am
Joanne was one of my first friends at Abuzz.

Farewell Joanne. You will be sorely missed. Say Hello to Anita B for me.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:12 pm
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:19 pm
just logged on, there is nothing to say but, so sorry David.

awful
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 12:57 pm
I've just heard of this and find my heart going out to Joanne and her family. We never know how close anyone is to the breaking point, I guess. This is very sad news.

Thank you, David, for telling us. She was a well-recognized voice here on this forum -- intelligent and kind and funny. You can believe that she will be missed here, yet her words will continue to be here for her friends and family to read and remember her.

Here is a poem Joanne enjoyed... not posted by her, but one she liked. I will remember Joanne Dorel as "escaping into the beautiful."

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:49 pm
I'm so sorry.
0 Replies

jongarfunkel

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:42 pm
Hi. Kevin (timberlandko) sent me an email as I happen to have authored(according to Google) the one web page outside of A2K which references Joanne-- I had written an article a year ago about the demise of Abuzz, and quoted one for her comments. It is all mysterious to me; as I read through her latest posts, it appears like she had a trip to NY planned, and was expecting her fall plantings to blossom in this spring. Can someone write or forward something about her for a proper tribute?

Thanks,

Jon
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:07 pm
I am so very saddened by this tragic news.

Joanne and I became friends on Abuzz and she
was instrumental in my joining a2k. We exchanged
emails and posts about art from time to time, and even entertained thoughts about meeting on holidays, though that never came to pass. I was always touched by her disarming warmth and sweetness.

There is now another star in the firmanent, warmer
and sweeter than most. Sincere condolences
to David and all who loved Joanne.

Go well, dear friend.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:22 pm
Joanne and I did not agree on much,but I am in complete shock over the news.

I will miss her gentle words,as well as her sharp wit.
David,please know that you are in my prayers,and that you have my deepest condolences.

She will be missed.
I wish I could truly express how I feel,but it is almost impossible to really do that on a computer.

A true light has been extinguished,and we are all in the dark now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:50 pm
David, We all appreciate your sharing this news with us, even though it's one of the worst news we've heard on A2k. You have our sympathies, and we share your sorrow. As somebody already mentioned, Joanne was a vibrant person who shared with many of us faceless people. I remember even trying to set up get-togethers with her in Texas, but it was never to be. I am heartbroken. c.i.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:45 pm
I have just read this and I want to offer my condolences. It is such a shock. I just don't know what else to say.
0 Replies

wordworker

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:44 am
Dear David-- My heart is so sad for your loss.

Dear, dear Joanne,.... I know how you loved beauty.

I wish you beauty ,,,, and peace,,,, wherever you are.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
I am mystified and speechless and terribly sad.

Joanne was a darling who will be missed very much by all those who had the good fortune to know her.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 10:56 am
This is so sad -- yet one cannot help but find one's spirit lifted a little just reading the collective expression of love and concern which our friend's memory has inspired. Thank you Joanne.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 01:27 pm
so sorry to hear about joanne. i didn't have many discussions with her, but she came across as a genuine human being.

hang in there, david.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 01:42 pm
david : i am sorry to hear that joanne is no longer with us. my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
joanne will be much missed by all of us. hbg
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:11 am
We are sad.
Please accept our sincerest sympathy, David. Joanne was a member of our A2K family. Her contributions to these Message Board Threads were always so very welcome and on target. She will be sorely missed.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:00 am
David, thank you so much for honoring Joanne's wishes and posting this.
I can only imagine your pain as you did so.

Joanne and you are in my prayers. May she rest in peace. And I hope
you can take some comfort in the condolences of her friends here.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:39 am
About 5 years ago JoanneDorel created an account on Abuzz and posted her first question trying to find help for a young man that had been discharged from the military and was having problems getting help from the VA. We'd always bumped into each other over the years both on Abuzz and here, on A2K afterwards.

I am saddened that she will not be with us to share her insights and would like to both thank you David, for letting all of us know, and pass on my deepest regrets.

Rest in peace Joanne.
0 Replies