Farewell, JoanneDorel. Thanks for what you brought us.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:42 pm
rest in peace, joanne...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:47 pm
jespah wrote:
....There's a big Joanne-shaped hole. And it can't be filled. So I think the thing to do is, it's the only thing to do. Throw your arms around the rest of A2K. Everyone. No exceptions. She was one of our own. That is all, I suppose, anyone can say.....

Very well put, Jespah. I didn't know Joanne, but have known someone at work who went through this and it was devasting for all of us there. We were in shock for a long time.

My sympathies for her family. I hope she is at peace now.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:31 pm
my condolences to her family and her acquaintances.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:42 pm
I forgot to mention yesterday night to inlcude my condolences.

And of course I do wish, she may rest in peace now.

I know Joanne since 2000, and I really feel very sad.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:06 pm
Joanne's last post
Joanne's last post on 10/5/05 on the What will you come as on Halloween? thread:

"Same as always Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I guess I keep the same costume cause it took me so long to make the ruby slippers and because I still long for home. Grand Junction, DO - mom was from Plainville, KS, a small town close to Hays and about four hours east of Denver."

I'm sure Joanne was metaphorically wearing her Ruby Slippers when she returned home.

Peace to you Joanne.

BBB
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:12 pm
In shock and not even knowing what to think other than sadness.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:32 am
I didn't know Joanne, but from the impact her character appears to have had on the regular posters here, she sounds like a wonderful, clever, caring person.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:26 am
Absolutely.

Deepest sympathies to David.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:06 am
I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know her, but it is always so sad to loose a friend. My sincerest condolences to family, and friends.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:10 am
Farewell, JoanneDorel.

Sincere condolences, David.

Please post back if you wish it.

Strength in numbers.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:21 am
Thank you David. I'm so sorry for you and us.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:25 am
JD. JD is gone. Warm, kind, and gentle JD. My heart goes out to you, David. Joanne will be sorely missed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:26 am
Wow.. what in the world do you say to this?

I want to say thank you david for the post, but I somehow feel that innapropriate.
I doubt you will come back david, but if you do, I hope you can read the words that the people on A2k have posted and they bring you some sort of comfort.

I hope , in time, that you find peace and comfort. I hope in time this pain isnt so jagged and sharp. I hope in time you will begin to feel normal again David.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:32 am
So saddened by this news. My sincere condolences.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:26 am
David, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will miss her.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:29 am
Huh ??? Oh my god !! This is such a shock ! My sincere condolences to her family....
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:45 am
Crushed.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:49 am
Re: Joanne's last post
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Joanne's last post on 10/5/05 on the What will you come as on Halloween? thread:

"Same as always Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I guess I keep the same costume cause it took me so long to make the ruby slippers and because I still long for home. Grand Junction, DO - mom was from Plainville, KS, a small town close to Hays and about four hours east of Denver."

I'm sure Joanne was metaphorically wearing her Ruby Slippers when she returned home.

Peace to you Joanne.

BBB

Very well done, BBB.

Joanne would like that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:57 am
This is terrible news. So very very sad. I want to express my condolences to the family, but it seems a little inappropriate to send messages to the family of an on-line friend. I don't know how to be of any help other than to say she will be missed by many folks on many forums.

Could I suggest to the Moderators that they make sure Joanne's post remain available so when or if David feels like reading her threads, she will be there for him. I still keep letters and notes and cards from family and friends who have passed on. Early on I couldn't look at them, but as time passes they can be a lovely reminder of your loved one, and very comforting.

Peace for Joanne and her family.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 10:10 am
In shock and sorrow I offer my heart felt condolences.
0 Replies