Sisterhood of Big-Footed Women & others forgotten by fashion

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:57 am
I want to see those tummy control panties on a plump woman. I mean, I can see that they work on a skinny model, but if a bigger woman wears them, will there be no 'muffin top'? Will they not roll down? That's what i wanna know.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
Oy!!!

Perhaps there would also be a long line bra?

And the muffin top would end up in one's bust?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:33 am
that's a worthwhile idea. luckily i'm not at the stage when i could tuck my belly fat into my bra. hopefully never will be!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:58 am
sakhi wrote:
Try the sari Wink the sari fits all sizes and shapes Smile. You can choose to wear it in different ways - to look sexy, pretty, business-like.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/lopezfamilycasa/sari.jpg

http://www.adzstock.com/Upload/Stock/Previews/11649.jpg

http://www.sabira.in/images/zardosi/sari/sabira_ash2.jpg

Wow, those are gorgeous. Thing is, I'm a greying blonde, pale white woman with glasses. Something tells me I'd just look odd. But I love saris, always take a second look at a woman wearing them. I think they're beautiful pretty much all the time. Smile

Hmm, dag, if you wear a long line bra and control top panties, where does the muffin top stuff go? Your ankles? Do you get taller? Hmmm.

LordE, here's some nice Earl Grey, luv.
0 Replies

Cola

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:15 am
dlowan-Thanks.

I'm didnt have time to peruse like I wanted, but I noticed they have my size in a semi-strapless. I was starting to give up. For a Christmas party, I tried to tuck the straps in on a regular bra for a strapless look, by the end of the night I looked like the lopsided-dimple-boob woman.
Very bad idea.

Thanks again for the find.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:17 am
Quote:
I love saris, always take a second look at a woman wearing them.

(funny coincidence -- so do i Mr. Green)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:53 am
<To be honest: I look at the woman first, than at the sari>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
One of the first things people ask is "Why?". And there is no why, i just like the clothing. Thus it has to be a special occassion or I have to be in a mood... but I have yet to wear sari out in public. Love them though.

Why? because they're very comfortable. I'm not good at getting myself into my saris myself. I always end up with left over fabric. But when my friend's mom helps me, I'm in heaven. Sooooooo comfy on a hot day.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:19 pm
Walter wrote:
<To be honest: I look at the woman first, than at the sari>

<< i would, too... but i lost my x-ray glasses >>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:54 pm
<<< Buy a QinetiQ millimetric wave camera instead, much better!>>>
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
<<< Buy a QinetiQ millimetric wave camera instead, much better!>>>

<<<< all i got right now is the telescoping mirror attached to my shoe >>>>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 03:56 pm
<<<<< Hmm, relaying on on the old tricks from our engagements as spies really isn't a bad idea .... and much cheaper than anything else>>>>>
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 04:27 pm
<<<<<< hey, can i borrow your night-vision goggles? >>>>>>

(hee hee, looks like we scared away the wimmins...)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 04:37 pm
<<<<<<< Certainly - I still can't use when sleeping>>>>>>>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
boys, boys, boys...
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
luckily i'm not at the stage when i could tuck my belly fat into my bra. hopefully never will be!

??? Confused ???

I'm afraid to ask

:wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:02 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
<<<<<< hey, can i borrow your night-vision goggles? >>>>>>

(hee hee, looks like we scared away the wimmins...)

You may send us off seeking greener intellectual pastures...but you never actually SCARE us.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 12:25 am
jespah wrote:
Wow, those are gorgeous. Thing is, I'm a greying blonde, pale white woman with glasses. Something tells me I'd just look odd.

maybe not Smile......maybe you can try one of these...very comfy but elegant cotton saris..

http://www.utsavsarees.com/pages/sarees-large.asp?icode=SCC24&ct=Cotton%20Sarees&st=&isS=True&isC=True
http://www.utsavsarees.com/pages/sarees-large.asp?icode=UP4&ct=Embroidered%20Sarees&st=Chikankari&isS=True&isC=True

dagmaraka wrote:

chin, I do have a silk sari, but alas, I've no clue how to wrap it around self. Plus I always disliked silly Westerners draped in ethnic gear, since usually that is meant to be some sort of a pose or a statement.

yeah, you are right..the sari has now become "ethnic wear" even in India among us, the younger lot. As for looking comfortable in a sari, the trick is - take smaller steps and do not let the pallu (the part of the sari that goes across the bust) slip off. Pin it up with a safety pin - fasten it to the blouse.

Dag since i've seen your pic, here's something that you might like - http://www.utsavsarees.com/pages/saree-large.asp?icode=SLK216&ct=Search&st=aquablue%20cotton&isS=false&isC=True
http://www.utsavsarees.com/pages/saree-large.asp?icode=SLK222&ct=Search&st=aquablue%20cotton&isS=false&isC=True

Ah, i enjoyed this thoroughly...this faux-shopping-for-saris for all of you...Smile

Now coming to my fashion-woes...i dont have too much of a problem with jeans or trousers or shirts..but shoes ah, i wear size 4... i have a tough time buying formal shoes for myself...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:36 am
I have a feeling that saris need shoulders.

The First Mr. Noddy was badly flawed, but he did restore shoulders to the genetic line.

When uncontaminated, we are Pyramid People.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:43 am
sahki, I loved the sky blue sari. Smile

Small feet, hmm, I never had to deal with that (had size 10 by the time I was, eep, in 5th grade).

Yeah, I think shoulders are good for a sari. You seem to kind of need a way to fling the upper end back over your shoulder, although I suppose creative safety-pinning would work.
0 Replies