Sisterhood of Big-Footed Women & others forgotten by fashion

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:10 am
Who's Helen and how much does she weigh?

I'm forever amazed at people who judge others without ever having walked in their shoes.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:48 am
ehBeth wrote:
Helen?

dlowan wrote:
Sounds remarkably that way.

Interesting...

Louise? Never!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:03 am
You know her, Walter?

Deb - LOVED it! I only remembered the one line about Cassius' lean and hungry look, but the whole passage is worth remembering.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:06 am
Eva wrote:
You know her, Walter?

Louise? Only here from A2K.

Helen? From Abuzz, A2K and emails.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:13 pm
I always get all Shakespearean and biblical when I see one of Helouise's rants.....

You know, sounding brass and tinkling cymbal, speak with the tongue of men and of angels and have not charity etc....

Or how one can have great intelligence, and no wisdom, great style and no class, much information and no knowledge....

Or one can smile and smile and be a villain....

Posting information about health risks is a fine thing to do......but as for the rest?

Well, as Mammy said to Scarlett O'Hara...."you're just a mule."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:33 pm
Eva wrote:
You know her, Walter?

I'm not Walter, but I've met Helen.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:46 pm
To return to the subject of the thread, from which we were so rudely diverted.

Anyone else have problems with having a relatively small waist?

Stuff that fits my damn hips (womanly ones...sigh) is way too big in the waist.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:49 pm
ehBeth wrote:

I'm not Walter, but I've met Helen.

I have unfortunately not met Helen, and although I took dancing lessons with an "ehBeth" and my godmother had that name I don't want to get mixed up ...

Thanks for clarifying, ehBeth :wink:
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:52 pm
Naw, bunny. Are you saying you have trouble finding the hour-glass type fit? (small waist, womanly hips)

I have boyish hips and a lil waist. You'd think that would make it easier to get pants and skirts right? Urrp, No! Those stick figure cuts are always, always, so long and assume that my thighs are non-existent. And there is no room for my 'meat'. It stuffs my bod into a weird shape.

It's is so hard for me to find a decent pair of pants that fits, is low enough on the waist so I don't look like my ribs are disappearing/or/ my butt crack is showing. My torso isn't very long, and I'm short.

I want to yell this: Short aka petite does NOT mean I have no boobs or shoulders or musculature! Please, someone make clothes for me.

Mens pants don't fit me properly either, so it's just the piss. To have decent clothes, I usually have to bring stuff to the tailor.

Awww. I Like this Thread!

Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:01 pm
flushd wrote:
...Awww. I Like this Thread!

Razz

Thanks, dolling.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:30 pm
Oy veh!

We should all learn to sew.

My mother did, but I never wanted to learn the womanly arts.
0 Replies

Cola

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 08:40 pm
dlowan- I tried to hem my pants the other week and made a mess of the whole thing :wink:

Finding my bra size is frustrating. I went to 4 stores before I finally found my size at Dillards (and there was no selection). I inquired about a strapless, and the saleslady told me they didn't carry strapless in my size. Does anyone know where I can get a (non-padded) strapless bra for busty women? I'm like a 36 width, but its the cup thats always the issue Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 08:53 pm
Cola, if you're willing to buy online, ladygrace.com has a lot of selection.

I like to try them on myself. Not that I can find any that fit.
0 Replies

Cola

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Thanks mac. I just visited the site ...they dont have my fit in a strapless
sucks. That is a great site though, nice prices.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 04:44 am
Yeah, I wish I could sew, but I just don't have the patience for that stuff.

Cola, it is so hard to get a good strapless if you have 'a generous amount'. Smile
I always went to the speciality bra shops, got the whole one-over (measurement, choose material and style, etc.) and got it custom made.

Expensive? yes! But the best as far as fit and quality. The only other option for me would have been binding.

Razz
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:11 am
Try the sari Wink the sari fits all sizes and shapes Smile. You can choose to wear it in different ways - to look sexy, pretty, business-like.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/lopezfamilycasa/sari.jpg

http://www.adzstock.com/Upload/Stock/Previews/11649.jpg

http://www.sabira.in/images/zardosi/sari/sabira_ash2.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:20 am
Cola wrote:

Ha! I knew I saw some wiser wight cite a site a mite like this...just googled it:

http://www.biggerbras.com/index.shtml?AID=678087&PID=1282873

Lovely saris!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:51 am
chin, I do have a silk sari, but alas, I've no clue how to wrap it around self. Plus I always disliked silly Westerners draped in ethnic gear, since usually that is meant to be some sort of a pose or a statement. So although I have collected a bunch of stuff on my travels, I feel sheepish wearing them. One of the first things people ask is "Why?". And there is no why, i just like the clothing. Thus it has to be a special occassion or I have to be in a mood... but I have yet to wear sari out in public. Love them though.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:53 am
great link, dlowan. One thing ticks me off, though. Why are 'bigger bras' modeled on those sticks? Don't they have some 'real' women that could model them, for the size of a woman they are actually meant? I mean what's wrong with normally shaped women? Grrr. I like the Dove commercials that have plumper girsl and women, also older women modeling on their posters. I actually think they look better then anorectic models. Or Levi's jeans once had a girl with some real ass that actually filled those jeans in. I hope it's a trend.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:54 am
dlowan wrote:
Cola wrote:

Ha! I knew I saw some wiser wight cite a site a mite like this...just googled it:

http://www.biggerbras.com/index.shtml?AID=678087&PID=1282873

Lovely saris!

....and lovely photos as well!

......especially the "Escante". I am now in need of a calming cup of herbal tea.
0 Replies