ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
anyone wondering what I'd love for Christmas?

http://www.mightyleaf.ca/images/popups/popup-MLT-Master-Sampler.jpg

mightyleaf link

I walked one of their sources on Friday - I'll have to go back in the next week or so.
0 Replies

werthn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 12:41 am
*gasp* that just look fantastic!!!!! wow, those are amazing. where did you get them? btw, i love to drink tea. just recently got hooked on jasmine. mmmm.

i have to say that green tea frappuccino at starbucks is the best!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:55 am
Quote:
A Most Expensive Brew

Updated: 08:40, Sunday January 08, 2006

A type of tea believed to be the most expensive ever seen in Britain goes on sale later this month.

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1281957.jpg
Drink it slowly

The rare Chinese green tea costs 300 times more than the usual household brew.

The Tieguanyin tea costs £1,700 a kilo, which equates to around £8.50 a cup.

The loose oolong leaves, grown in China's central Fujian province, can be re-brewed up to seven times, according to a Harrods spokesman.

It is nearly three times the price of the most expensive tea currently sold at the prestigious London store.

Harrods food spokesman Andre Dang said the premium tea did not lose its flavour when re-brewed - making it less expensive than it first appeared.

"It's got a beautiful perfume. Very, very floral. It's like sitting in a garden on a hot summer's day when all the flowers are really heady," he said.

The tea's name refers to the Buddhist deity Guan Yin and has been translated as Iron Goddess of Mercy.
Source
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:11 pm
I recently bought decafinated earl grey tea thinking I could drink it at night and not have to worry about sleeping issues. Well, it is sooo disgusting...doesn't tastes like earl grey at all, it tastes like something you'd get from hotel samples......ick!!
0 Replies

Tom-will

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2017 09:37 pm
@AngeliqueEast,
Different tea has a different way to judge the quality of what you want to buy tea. I like oolong tea, generally hot water brewing, do not brew more than three times, otherwise the fragrance will be reduced
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 12:49 am
I will take Tetley anyday!
0 Replies