AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 04:42 pm
http://www.weddingshowplace.com/3890cookie_small.jpg

Is that the deciding cookie Question Shocked Will she finally set the date Question Confused Will she tell us Question Cool Will she tell him Question :wink:
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:38 am
An Introduction to the World of Tea
by David Savige  

Why tea? If all you know about tea is Lipton's and Celestial Seasonings, then you don't know what you're missing. There's a fascinating variety of finely made teas from around the world available now that are fun to try, and they make the supermarket tea bags seem dull and two dimensional by comparison. Most mass-produced, commercial tea is made from cheap grades of tea, such as dust and tiny pieces, so that it will steep quickly, and produce a pleasant, if somewhat generic brew that will accept milk, sugar, or lemon. Fine quality teas consist of whole or larger parts of leaves, have greater depth and complexity of flavor, and a smoother quality. Many of these teas, particularly those from Asia, have enough interesting flavors on their own to stand alone without the addition of milk or sugar. The difference is something like comparing fast food to a meal at a fine restaurant.

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/tea/images/t_collection.jpg

There are some very high quality teas being produced at estates in China, Taiwan, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, as well as in some other countries, that are both enjoyable and affordable. It's interesting to see that while there are a great variety of teas, formed into different shapes and sizes, they actually all come from the same plant, Camellia Sinensis. Different flavors result from different varietals, differences in processing, different soils, climate, and elevation.

It might surprise you to know that tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world (especially outside the U.S.) next to water. Also, tea is good for you. There have been numerous studies that show that tea consumption helps to prevent cancer and heart disease, so drink up!

Different Types of Tea

There are three main types of tea--green, oolong and black, differentiated by the amount of oxidation the leaves undergo during processing.

Black teas (also referred to as "red" teas by the Chinese) are fully oxidized, meaning that once the leaves are picked and allowed to soften, they are rolled or crushed. This action breaks the fibers and releases the juices and chemicals within the leaves to react to oxygen, turning the leaves from green to a coppery red. They are then baked or "fired" to dry them out, which prepares them for packing, storing and shipping.

Examples of black teas include the rich and spicy Yunnan, and the wine-like and slightly smoky Keemun, sometimes called the "Burgundy" of teas, from China; Darjeeling, sometimes called the "Champagne" of teas, with flavors reminiscent of muscatel and wood, and the robust, malty Assam from India; and the lighter, "fruity-biscuity" Ceylon from Sri Lanka.

Oolong ("black dragon" in Chinese) teas are partially oxidized, with different degrees of oxidation yielding different flavors. After picking, the leaves are shaken in baskets to bruise and oxidize only the edges of the leaves, leaving the inner part of the leaf green and intact. They are left as whole leaves, then rolled into a ball-like shape and fired to dry. These teas are generally found in Taiwan and the Fujian Province of China. There are several varieties in this category, including the delicate and refreshing Baozhong, the orchid and nectar-like high mountain oolong, the pungent and woody Tieguanyin, and the slightly malty-sweet floral Baihao.

Green teas are not oxidized, but are formed into different shapes either by pan firing by hand (China) or by steaming (Japan). They are then sorted by size and quality into different grades, the higher grades having a fuller and more complex flavor, and often are able to be steeped more times than the lower grades. China produces the greatest number of these, including the chestnutty Long Ching (Dragon Well), the fruity and fragrant Pi Lo Chun (Green Snail Spring-- much better than it sounds, one of my favorites), the mild, lightly sweet Chun Mei (Precious Eyebrows), and the strong and smoky gunpowder, among hundreds of others.

Japan is the other major producer, offering Sencha (the most common, slightly spinachy), Genmaicha (tea with roasted rice), Matcha (powdered, used in the Japanese tea ceremony), and for the special occasion, Gyokuro.

There is a fourth and less common type of tea called White tea, which consists of tea buds. It is lightly oxidized has a delicate, slightly nutty taste. The finest example is called Yinzhen, or Silver Needles, referring to the long shape of the downy buds.

Equipment and Preparation

For whole leaf teas, I recommend against using a tea ball or egg, since they don't allow much room for the leaves to expand. Some leaves expand up to four or five times their dry size, and need to have full contact with the water to steep out all their flavor. Better results can be had with a small mesh basket called a Teeli infuser, made in two sizes to fit either a cup or a teapot. If you just steep loose leaves in a teapot, most of them will stay behind when you pour, but you may want to use a small strainer to catch the few leaves that do come through. Chatsford and Bodum make teapots with built-in strainers that are useful for larger amounts of tea. I regularly use something called a gaiwan, a small ceramic covered cup that is made to hold back leaves with the lid tilted when pouring. An additional strainer for the teacup is useful for this method as well, since the smaller particles still seep through. These and other equipment are available at major tea vendors.

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/tea/images/t_cup.jpg

Generally one teaspoon of leaves per cup is recommended, though some larger leaf teas are either too long or large to measure with a teaspoon. You can estimate about a teabag's weight of tea per cup in this case. It's not necessary to be exact, but obviously more leaves will yield more flavor.

One of the more important aspects of tea preparation is water temperature, especially for green teas. Most Chinese greens will steep best at 170 to 180 degrees, and Japanese teas, often being more delicate, are better at 160 degrees or lower. Brewing green teas too hot will result in a harsh and bitter flavor. Temperature often determines the character of a tea, and sometimes it takes some trial and error to discover the best temperature for a given tea. Fortunately, many tea vendors list a suggested temperature and steeping time for each tea they sell. If not, try around two minutes for green teas, and three to five for blacks, which are steeped with boiling water. For oolongs, try two to four minutes with water just below boiling. The greener the oolong (Baozhong especially, Tong Ting, Jade or High Mountain), the lower the temperature should be. The browner oolongs (Tieguanyin, Bai Hao, etc.) can take higher temperatures. Taste the tea as it steeps to see if it's gone long enough-- if it tastes good and well balanced, pour and enjoy. If it has steeped too long and is too strong, just add more hot water to dilute it to a normal strength.

If you don't have a thermometer handy, boiling water poured into a room temperature ceramic cup will cool to 180 degrees in about a minute, 170 degrees in a little over three minutes, and 160 degrees in 6 minutes. Don't worry, absolute precision is not required, since most good teas will taste just fine at a variety of temperatures. It it tastes dull or muted, try a higher temperature.

Green, white and oolong teas can be steeped at least two or three times, especially if you start with a generous amount of leaf. This is common practice in China, and is one of the characteristics that make tea an economical beverage.

Obviously the better the water used, the better the tea will taste. Spring water is usually recommended, though filtered water is fine, too. Avoid distilled water, since the minerals are needed to obtain the best flavor.

One very commonly used technique in steeping tea is a quick rinse of the dry leaves prior to actually steeping them. If using a basket infuser, the leaves are dipped into the hot water for a few seconds, then that water is tossed out. The wet leaves are then steeped as normal. If using a teapot or gaiwan, the water is poured off immediately, then fresh water is poured on again for steeping. This rinse helps to remove harshness of flavor, and opens up the leaves to release aroma and flavor. The aroma from the rinsed leaves is often wonderfully fragrant. Rinsing is generally used for greens and oolongs, and can also help Darjeelings, Assams, and Ceylon teas.

As far as storing tea, it should be kept away from humidity, light, and other strong odors as much as possible to retain freshness of flavor and aroma. Vacuum sealing is ideal, but not necessary. Any airtight, opaque container will do fine, though be sure that it doesn't already have any residual odor from whatever was in there before, since the tea will absorb it and lose some of its original taste. While tea leaves can be frozen if they are tightly sealed, they should not be refrigerated, since condensation may develop.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:55 am
http://www.gol-ged.gc.ca/rpt2005/images/cafe.jpg

DRINKIN' FROM MY SAUCER

I've never made a fortune
And it's prob'ly too late now;
But I don't worry 'bout that much,
I'm happy anyhow!

And as I go along life's way
Reapin' better than I sowed.
I'm drinkin' from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed!

Haven't got a lot of riches,
And sometimes the going's tough;
But I've got loving ones around me,
And that makes me rich enough!

I thank God for His blessings
And the mercies He's bestowed.

I 'member times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin;
But all at once the dark clouds broke
And light peeped through again.

So, Lord, help me not to gripe
About tough rows I've hoed.

If God gives me strength and courage
When the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings;
I'm already blessed enough!

May I never be too busy
To help others bear their loads.
I'll keep drinkin' from my saucer,

Author: © Jimmy Dean
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:26 am
Frequently Asked Questions

What is medicinal tea?

Medicinal Teas are made with herbs with specific properties and is among the most popular of these natural alternatives.  Back to top...

What is herbal tea?

Herbal teas contain no true tea leaves. Herbal and "medicinal" teas are created from the flowers, berries, peels, seeds, leaves and roots of many different plants.   Back to top...

What is green tea?

Green tea skips the oxidizing step. It has a more delicate taste and is light green/golden in color. Green tea, a staple in the Orient, is gaining popularity in the U.S. due in part to recent scientific studies linking green tea drinking with reduced cancer risk.   Back to top...

What is black tea?

Black tea has been fully oxidized or fermented and yields a hearty-flavored, amber brew. Some of the popular black teas include English Breakfast (good breakfast choice since its hearty flavor mixes well with milk), Darjeeling (a blend of Himalayan teas with a flowery bouquet suited for lunch) and Orange Pekoe (a blend of Ceylon teas that is the most widely used of the tea blends). 

More:

http://www.tealand.com/FAQ.htm#1

0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:26 am
Frequently Asked Questions

What is medicinal tea?

Medicinal Teas are made with herbs with specific properties and is among the most popular of these natural alternatives.  Back to top...

What is herbal tea?

Herbal teas contain no true tea leaves. Herbal and "medicinal" teas are created from the flowers, berries, peels, seeds, leaves and roots of many different plants.   Back to top...

What is green tea?

Green tea skips the oxidizing step. It has a more delicate taste and is light green/golden in color. Green tea, a staple in the Orient, is gaining popularity in the U.S. due in part to recent scientific studies linking green tea drinking with reduced cancer risk.   Back to top...

What is black tea?

Black tea has been fully oxidized or fermented and yields a hearty-flavored, amber brew. Some of the popular black teas include English Breakfast (good breakfast choice since its hearty flavor mixes well with milk), Darjeeling (a blend of Himalayan teas with a flowery bouquet suited for lunch) and Orange Pekoe (a blend of Ceylon teas that is the most widely used of the tea blends). 

More:

http://www.tealand.com/FAQ.htm#1

For Women:

http://www.e-teas.co.uk/section.php?xSec=36

A List of Medicinal Plants, Shrubs, and Trees, and Their Historical Medical Uses:

http://www.thebakken.org/about-us/plant.html

Rainforest Herbal Teas:
Natural Cures from the Rainforest.

http://www.interlog.com/~rainseed/teas.htm

0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:45 am
Tea Paintings by Susan Rios

http://www.piersidegallery.com/artists/rios/sr2y2-08b-celebratelife.jpg
"Celebrate Life"
by Susan Rios
30" x 24"

http://www.piersidegallery.com/artists/rios/sr2y2-07b-holidaytea.jpg
"Holiday Tea"
by Susan Rios
18" x 24"

http://www.piersidegallery.com/artists/rios/sr2y2-06b-antiqueteapot.jpg
"The Antique Teapot"
by Susan Rios
20" x 10"
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:20 am
http://www.annieshomepage.com/TeaBarsistascribbles.gif

Christmas Tea

~From The Complete Holiday Organizer by Emilie Barnes~

1 cup instant tea (dry) (can use decaffeinated)
2 cups dry Tang
3 cups sugar (may use 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute and 1 1/2 cups sugar)
1/2 cup red hots (candy)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. powdered cloves
1 pkg. Wyler's lemonade mix

Makes 1 1/2 quarts -- to one cup of hot water, add one heaping tablespoon of mix.

Holiday Wassail Recipe
~From The Complete Holiday Organizer by Emilie Barnes~

1 gallon apple cider
1 large can pineapple juice (unsweetened)
3/4 cup strong tea -- can use herb tea

In a cheesecloth sack put:
1 Tbsp. whole cloves
1 Tbsp. whole allspice
2 sticks cinnamon

Emilie Barnes suggests: "This is great cooked in a crockpot. Let it simmer very slowly for four to six hours. You can add water if it evaporates too much. Your house will smell wonderful and friends and family will love it!"

http://www.annieshomepage.com/ccmtea4.gif
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:24 am
http://www.annieshomepage.com/cctp3cutecolors.gif

The author of this story is as far as I know anonymous.

The Teacup

A couple vacationing in Europe went strolling down a little street and saw a quaint little gift shop with a beautiful teacup in the window. The lady collected teacups and she wanted this one for her collection, so she went inside to buy the teacup, and as the story goes the teacup spoke and said:

"I want you to know that I have not always looked like this. It took the process of pain to bring me to this point. You see, there was a time when I was just clay and the Master came and he pounded me and he squeezed me and he kneaded me and I screamed: "STOP THAT!". But he just smiled and said, "Not yet".

Then he took me and put me on the shelf and I went round and round and round and round... and while I was spinning and getting dizzier and dizzier I screamed again and I said, "Please get me off this thing... please get me off!!!" And the Master was looking at me and he was smiling, as he said, "Not yet".

Then he took me and walked toward the oven and shut the door and turned up the heat and I could see him through the window of the oven and it was getting hotter and hotter and I thought, "He's going to burn me to death!".

And I started pounding on the inside of the oven and I said, "Master, let me out, let me out, let me out!", and I could see that he was smiling as he said "Not yet". Then he opened the door and I was fresh and free and he took me out of the oven and he put me on the table and then he got some paint and a paintbrush.

He started dabbing me and making swirls all over me and I started to gag and I said: "Master, stop it... stop it... stop it please... you're making me gag". He just smiled as he said "not yet".

Then very gently he picked me up again and he started walking toward the oven and I said, "Master, NO!! Not again, pleeeease!!". He opened the oven door and he slipped me inside and he shut the door and this time he turned the heat up twice as hot as before and I thought, "He's going to kill me!!", and I looked through the window of the oven and I started to pound on it, saying, "Master... Master, please let me out... please let me out... let me out!".

I could see that he was smiling but I also noticed a tear trickle down his cheek as I watched him mouth the words, "Not yet!"

Just as I thought I was about to die, the door opened and he reached in ever so gently and took me out, fresh and free and he went and placed me on a high shelf and he said: "There, I have created what I intended. Would you like to see yourself?" I said, "Yes". He handed me a mirror and I looked and I looked again and I said, "That's not me, I'm just a lump of clay".

He said, "Yes, that IS you, but it took the process of pain to bring you to this place. You see, had I not worked you when you were clay, then you would have dried up.

If I had not subjected you to the stress of the wheel you would have crumbled. If I had not put you into the heat of the oven you would have cracked. If I had not painted you there would be no color in your life. But, it was the second oven that gave you the strength to endure. Now you are everything I intended you to be - from the beginning." And I, the teacup, heard myself saying something I never thought I would hear myself saying, "Master, forgive me, I did not trust you. I thought you were going to harm me, I did not know you had a glorious future and a hope for me. I was too shortsighted, but I want to thank you.

I want to thank you for the suffering. I want to thank you for the process of pain. Here I am! I give you myself - fill me; pour from me, use me as you see fit. I really want to be a vessel that brings you glory within my life."
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:36 am
http://ordinarywoman.com/attic/bear-sm2.jpg

Send a Tea Picture Post Card to a Friend. Just click on your choice, then fill out, and send.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/justforfun/e-postcards/

http://ordinarywoman.com/attic/rachel1.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:38 am
http://www.hotel-lawrence-rome.com/images/gardens_view.jpg
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:01 am
I love eating good green tea leaves with soy bean powders and suger mixed.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:04 am
satt_fs wrote:
I love eating good green tea leaves with soy bean powders and suger mixed.

*giggles* I love eating the camomile flowery leaves after I make the tea. I just add a little sugar. mmmmm yummy Smile
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:16 am
http://www.bobnewell.net/tea/admiral.jpg

Journals of a South Seas Explorer

The London Herald-Gazette
June 24, 1996

CANADIAN TEA-MERCHANT DISCOVERS EXPLORER'S JOURNALS
(reported by Bob)

A Canadian tea merchant on holidays in Great Britain has discovered the long-lost journals of the noted British explorer, Admiral Nathan Grey.

Ted Jones, proprietor of The Tea Trader, a tea-shop in Calagary, Alberta, Canada, was in London last month and was browsing in booksellers' shops in the Soho district, when an old volume caught his eye in a musty back-room of the Wickersham Antiqua shop.

"I knew right away that I had found something of interest," Mr. Jones commented later. "It turned out that I had in my hands the sea journal of 18th century British explorer Admiral Nathan Grey."

In an even more astounding coincidence, Mr. Jones pointed out, "Admiral Grey was the cousin of Earl Grey, after whom a well-known tea is named. This 'Earl Grey' tea turned out to be Admiral Grey's favourite."

Mr. Jones explained that Earl Grey teas are generally China or Ceylon blacks given distinctive flavour by spraying with oil of bergamot, a citrus-like fruit found in Italy.

"Earl Grey tea was something Admiral Grey was never without," Mr. Jones continued. "His journals show clearly that he took a supply along with him on each of his exploratory voyages in the South Pacific. But, I find the following passage from Admiral Grey's journal to be most fascinating of all." Mr. Jones read,

On August 13 we mayde landfall at a smalle and lushely greene islande. It was most beautifulle, and native fruites were to be founde in the greatest bountie. Our ship's cooke gathered these fruites and we founde them moste deliciouse. Cooke also cutte smalle sections of these moste exotic fruites and brewed them with my tay. It was an exceeding delectible brewe.

"As a tea-merchant," Mr. Jones continued, "I found this to be an intriguing idea and so I tried it out myself, following further details given in the journal. I had to agree with the old Admiral. Earl Grey tea flavored with tropical fruits was delicious. I then adjusted the blend, using other ingredients, and ended up with a new tea that is refreshing and delicious."

Mr. Jones indicated that, while he would donate the journal to the British Historical Society, he would produce the new tea blend commercially and sell it exclusively through his Tea-Trader shop. Not surprisingly, Mr. Jones has named his new creation, "Admiral Grey Tea."

http://www.bobnewell.net/tea/teatales.jpg
Sit down, and have a cup of warm Tea Smile
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 05:41 am
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/3004/teamring.jpg

Cranberry Iced Tea Cooler

2 - quarts Iced Tea* 

1 - can (6 oz.) frozen cranberry concentrate, partially thawed and undiluted

1 - cup orange juice 

1/4 - cup sugar

*ICED TEA: Place 2-quart (or family) size iced tea bags in a glass or porcelain container.  

Pour 2 quarts boiling water over tea bags and steep 7 to 10 minutes.  

Squeeze and remove tea bags, allow tea to cool.

In large pitcher, combine the cranberry and orange juice.  

Stir until both are well mixed.  

Then pour in the ice tea.  

Add the sugar and mix until you dissolve the sugar.  

Cover and place in refrigerator to chill about 1 hour.  

Serve in ice-filled glasses.

Picnicking & Tailgating:

This is great to make a day or two ahead.  It might be a great idea to use a large gallon thermos jug.  Put in the ice tea and ice.  When you get to the picnic or tailgate site, you are ready to enjoy the Cranberry Ice Tea Cooler.

Makes 8 servings.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/3004/tealring.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 05:51 am
http://www.annieshomepage.com/cc14bear55.gif

Learn How to Make Suntea

1. Place 3 family size (or 9 regular size) tea bags in a clean one gallon Suntea jar.
2. Add cold water to fill.
3. Cap the jar loosely and place in hot sunshine for 3 - 4 hours to brew.
4. Remove tea bags.
5. Flavor and sweeten to taste with sugar, fruit juice or sweetener.
6. Refrigerate unused portion within 5 hours of brewing.

**Remember: because this tea is not brewed with boiling water, it should be served within 48 hours.

http://www.annieshomepage.com/ccmtea4.gif

Tea Ice Cubes: You might also want to pour some of the tea into Ice Cube trays to make Tea Ice Cubes. That way when the ice cubes melt they won't water down your tea. Some people put edible flowers in the ice trays before freezing.

Frosted Glasses: Why not use stemmed glasses or a regular Iced Tea Glass? Now don't forget to Frost the glasses. You do this by putting the glasses in the freezer before serving the tea.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:59 am
http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/cegif/teacup.jpg

Bead and Button Teacup

A fun and decorative item for your home or as a gift. This would be a good project for teens to make for their mother, grandmother, or Aunt.

Parental supervision is recommended.

What You Need

Solid colored teacup with saucer
Assorted decorative buttons and beads of different shapes, sizes, and colors.
Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
Tweezers

How To Make It

Note: This teacup craft is for decorative purposes only.

1. Make sure the teacup is clean before beginning.
2. Use the hot glue and glue all of the buttons and beads onto the surface of the teacup. You can just do the top half or the whole cup if desired.
3. Continue to glue buttons and beads to the saucer as well.
4. Use the tweezers to help you place the beads and buttons on the cup. This will prevent you from getting burned, and will make it much easier.

0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:45 am
YOU DO WHAT WITH TEA?!

http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/ydwwt02.jpg

ea and Coconuts
A great tea that I have made is one composed of strong black tea and cocunut milk. It creates a great and exotic flavor and the milk adds such a silky texture to the tea. I also like to make black tea a put a cinnamin stick in it. Great during the holidays!=)

Jeremiah Via, 15 and already a connoisseur of tea!

Aussie Style
In Australia a common tea or coffee custom is to bite off the diagonally opposite corners of an Arnott's Tim Tam and use it as a straw. Make sure to cram it in your mouth before the chocolate and biscuit disintegrates!

Veronica, Canberra Australia

Shortbread Cookies
I love making green tea shortbread cookies to go with my favorite tea, Stash's exotica champagne oolong.

Kelly

Reusable Tea Bottles
Every now and then I'll be out and Ill buy some inferior "iced tea" drink in a bottle. While None of them come close to a nice home brew of Stash Iced tea, I keep the bottles and re-use them!!! Place one tea bag per 12 ounce bottle (two if you really like the your tea strong) into the bottle, add your sweetener. The tea bag inside the bottle but the string dangles outside. Carefully fill bottle with boiling water (BE CAREFULL!!! Make sure the bottles have been sitting out at room temperature for some time) Let sit 2 hours till cooled down, screw cap on and put in refrigerator. WARNING: Placing bottles in freezer or refrigerator without allowing them to properly cool down can cause the bottles to break!!!!
12 ounce Snapple bottles work best!!!

hercules

Seaberry tea
I discovered a wonderful herb for a tea. Due to my work I often get my hands burned so I always keep a bottle of seaberry oil handy. A couple of years ago I planted seaberry in my garden so I can make my own oil, and one day it occurred to me to dry some leaves and make a seaberry tea. To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be a great understatement - I was blown away. Now I am drinking it every day and even came up with some cool recipes.

My favorite ice tea for a hot day:
1 tea spoon of dried seaberry leaves
1 tea spoon of dried mint leaves
2 cups of boiled water.
Let it brew for 10-15 min then strain and let it cool. Add 1 table spoon of honey, throw in some ice and enjoy it.

This fall I am going to plant more of it. This stuff is unbelievable.

Val Sherbin

Tea & Lemonade = Great Iced Tea
When I was younger and I lived in hot, humid Texas, my friends and I would sell homemade jewelry and lemonade during the summer. The lemonade didn't sell very well, so my mom (bless her) poured some plain black tea into it (make it with country time powder and make sure the amount of lemonade and tea is equal) to make this delicious, aromatic tea that tasted great on ice.

Gillian

Whipped Cream
When I need to treat myself, I absolutely LOVE a cup of strong hot tea with at least an inch or more of whipped cream on top. Not the least bit healthful, but delicious. Chai Spice, Double Spice Chai, Irish Creme....all work well. I brew it in a tall mug, leaving plenty of room at the top for the whipped cream, and just use supermarket aerosol whipped light cream.
Sip the hot tea through the layer of cool cream. Ooooooo.

Elaine

Eating Tea
I'm sure you all know what a great source of antioxidants green tea is. Well, you are wasting it if you don't eat the tea leaves. Sounds gross? It's actually very good, provided you use the best green tea. Many have a fairly bitter taste and I wonder just how "green" they really are. I use Yamamotoyama, especially the brown rice tea.

Michael Cooley

Eggnog Tea
I take one bag of Stash's Kashimiri Chai tea and mixed it with Vanilla Soy Milk, it gives a taste like Eggnog but low in fat and more nutritious. For the more adventurous add some Rum! Happy Holidays!!

Joann

Soothing, Cooling Iced Tea
Iced tea is THE only beverage to drink when eating Mexican or other hotly spiced foods. The same properties that bring such relief to sun(and other)burned skin are wonderfully soothing to the mouth after downing a basket of chips and salsa. Or Szechwan cuisine. Or Indian curries.

Margaritas or sangria? Pooh! Iced tea's the thing!

Marilyn K.
Lady Fingers
When I was a girl my Mom used to get a box of chocolate lady fingers and brew a strong cup of dark tea. After biting the ends off the lady finger cookie we would quickly sip hot tea up into the cookie as though it were a straw! Quickly (and I mean really fast here) we would shove the hot and thoroughly soaked cookie into our mouths. Mmmmm.... hot, mushy, chocolaty goodness. That was our little tea party favourite.

Angela - Calgary

Onion Juice Tea
I was once president of The International Society for the Propagating of Free Onion Juice. It was a difficult society to explain, born out of the tiny theologically-oriented artistic movement known as Love Nouveau. In any case, we once held a tea party in which we served tea with (of course) onion juice in it. The amount of onion juice was really extremely little, but it did give an unforgettable shade of flavor to the tea. Not at all enjoyable, but unforgettable.

Mark DeBolt

Muffins
The next time you bake muffins, especially if you are adding dried fruit to them -- soak the fruit in strong tea (Earl Grey, Black, English Breakfast, even a fruit tea) and when they have plumped up nicely, add them to the recipe. Use the tea in place of any liquid that the recipe specifies -- you'll get moist, aromatic muffins to die for. (well, don't die, eat the muffins!!!)

Azar "ACE" Attura Bronx, NY

Morning Tea
When i was attending a local community college I worked for the school's writing center. As a member of the staff I was able to use the microwave and stuff there. So everyday I would come in a few minutes early and fill my mug up with water and microwave it until I got it as hot as I could and then added a Stash Mango Passionfruit tea bag to it. I let it set for a bit and then added a bit of sugar to it and off to class I went. The tea was refreshing in the morning and actually helped me stay awake for my early morning class.

Kaci

Chicken soup with Lemon Blossom Tea
Hello, When I make chicken soup I start the broth with lemon blossom tea from stash teas, it inhances the chicken broth, of course i use regular chicken broth too. The flavor tastes much better this way.

Robbilynne

Tea On Rice
When I was sick, my Japanese-American mother would feed me "tea on rice" -- green tea poured over sticky white rice, eaten like a soup, with red pickled ginger on the side. It is great for settling upset stomachs, getting food in you when you have no appetite. It was our version of chicken soup! Today, when I travel far from home, I bring a little green tea. It's good "comfort food."

Kim Cross

Broke
We were pretty broke several years ago and our grocery budget was stretched as tightly as three day old chicken. I read in an 80 year old cookbook that tea could be used to tenderize even the cheapest cuts of beef. It works! I use plain old black tea bags to prepare a pot of tea, then after it cools, I'll add it to a pot roast which I've just browned. The pot roast can be an inexpensive cut like chuck or shoulder roast. The roast simmers in the tea while it cooks and by adding a bit of black pepper and herbs, you can have the taste of London Broil for much less money. Even though I'm happy to say that our financial picture has improved greatly,I still cook roasts this way.

Melissa Malcolm

Stash & Stars
I have been a fan of your Chai Spice for many years, and shared it with the club at a Star Party at my house last November. I like to make up a big batch in the crock pot (really) so it is always warm and ready to serve. Your chai spice is one of few things in life that actually taste as good as it smells!

Anyway, what made me think of writing you is that last weekend we were at a star party up in the Sierra Nevada mountains, basically in the middle of nowhere, and guess what was brewing on the camp stove? Yep, Stash Chai Spice. The party hostess even showed me a teabag to prove it was Stash, "just like you make." The coffee sits untouched and everyone enjoys your great tea.

Barbara Woodward

Means of survival
As a means of survival in a world of mediocre restaurant tea makers, I ususally carry a Stash oolong with me, or a green. The water - by the time it reaches the table - is never boiling for a good cup of black, but sufficiantly hot enough for a more gentle brew. I ask for hot water, and enjoy my tea made just right.

Tea of Course
One of my role models was a Korean War hero who taught me that tea has been a civilizing influence by making people boil water. In primitive conditions, boiled water is the only safe water, and tea provides a semi-ceremonial way to reinforce this practice. He kept himself healthy in the war by emulating the Koreans' tea habit, and as an Eastern Oregon rancher, he amused himself sipping fresh tea while watching the other buckaroos trying to get the coffee pot to work.

I brew a teabag in ice water to make tap water palatable. Moroccan Mint Green is my favorite, and one bag is good for up to a quart of water over 4 hours brewing time without the bitterness usually associated with boiled tea. It is very mild and I find myself taking deep draughts to better enjoy the flavor. The new Chai Tea works nicely, too.

And lastly, I take a catnip tea bag with me if I'm meeting a lady who owns a cat. With character reference from a normally anti-social cat well, anything can happen!

Paul T. Mill

Cold Raspberry Tea
In the summertime I like to make cold raspberry tea by putting a tea bag at the bottom of the glass, filling it with ice, then cold water. If I'm in a "sweet" mood, I'll add a little sugar to it.

Jaime

Tea n Biscuits
The joy of dipping digestive biscuits into a cup of tea is unsurpassed. The only problem is that the biscuit soaks up the tea and your thirst can be unquenched. The remedy for this is simple; go and make another cuppa.

Tommy Kelch

Eggnog Tea
I take one bag of Stash's Kashimiri Chai tea and mixed it with Vanilla Soy Milk, it gives a taste like Eggnog but low in fat and more nutritious. For the more adventurous add some Rum! Happy Holidays!!

Joann

Mixers?
Don't know how strange it is.. but I love earl grey with green tea and herb tea (mainly the sleepy time varieties) with kahlua, milk, and french vanilla international coffee.

That usually hits the spot. Come to think of it.. thanks.. now I'm thirsty for it... seeyah!

LJS

Tree planting with Stash
When I graduated from university, I had a lot of trouble finding a job, and so I spent four summers tree-planting in Western Canada. One delicious thing I remember about the experience is the boxes of Stash tea the cooks always laid out in the mess tent for us. We'd boil pots of water over the wood fire in the airtight stove and drink all the varieties - Appl Cinnamon, Earl Grey, you name it - until late into the night, warming ourselves on chilly spring evenings.

Silvia Neuteboom

Mother's Persistence
Like many, it was my mother who introduced me to tea. I am often referred to as the ''Tea Lady'', and my reputation for making good tea stems from my mother being such a perfectionist. She told me this phrase every time she sent me into the kitchen: ''make sure its nice and brown''. My mother's persistence has paid off, as I have been told that my tea-making skills convinced a talent spotter to help my friend with his music career!

Dawn

Pearl tea
My mom used to fix me a wonderful tea when i was a child... she'd brew 1/2 a mug of strong tea using chamomile or some sort of "bedtime" tea... then she'd fill the mug up with hot milk and add a touch of honey.... now that i'm older if i need a quick sleep fix i brew up a batch of my mother's "pearl tea"... it soothes my body and my spirit..

tari simpson

my family tea custom!
I remember about 6 years ago, my family and I used to live in Iowa as my dad was going to medical school. We had this bike trail (green belt they called it), that we'd see these magnificently colored berries on, and soon found out they were sumak berries.

So one day, my mom had a great idea, and took a bucket with her walking, and had 5 gallons of sumack berry branches when she came home. We soaked it in a metal bowl for about 3 hours, and then drained it and added LOTS of sugar! I remember it was so good, my dad brought about 7 medical students home, and collegues, over and all of us enjoyed it...after that, we made several gallons of natural Sumak Tea.

Liquor infusion
Because I find them both extremely soothing, I put several bags of Jasmine tea in a bottle of Johnny Walker Red and left it on my shelf for a few weeks. The result is aromatic well-colored and kind of spicy and and very, very good, and lingers on the toungue. I currently have several bags of Oolong in a bottle of Bombay Saphire.

Justin Neisuler

Stash Tea and Sports Water Bottles
My SO (significant other) suggested one day that we might prefer cool tea to plain old water after a long hike or Orienteering event. I agreed.

So, now I put one teabag into each 16-oz chilled water bottle, reseal, and stow them all under an icepack in the cooler. This gives a light, refreshing taste to the water, and is just the right thing after thirst-producing exertions.

We'll probably use this technique on our next back-packing adventure, as well as on car trips. The result is a bit like sun tea, but, of course, without the sun. The bag stays neatly in the bottle until you're ready to shake it out later on. I expect that it might add a nice scent to a campfire, too, where allowed.

Thanks for the tea!

Sarah Edwards

A marinade, and a remedy
I invented this recipe, so amounts are "flexible" and should be adjusted to your taste...

Brew a cup of STRONG Lapsang Souchong tea, combine it in a jar, blender or food processor with a few TB of sesame oil, some fresh grated ginger, minced garlic, and half a cup of soy sauce, blend well, and use to marinate salmon steaks or filets overnight in the 'fridge. Remove fish from marinade and bake or broil until done. Adds color and a wonderful smoky, spicy, garlicky taste.

Used, cool, moist tea bags feel great on poison ivy rashes :-)

Jennie

Tea, Mystery! and Me
For me, there is nothing more relaxing than curling up in front of TV with a steaming hot cup of Stash's cherry almond tea and watching PBS's Mystery! If I really want to treat myself, I dunk and munch a yummy biscotti with it (and of course, I ONLY drink my tea from either my Mystery! thermo mug or my floral china tea cup). Stash Tea Cherry Almond loose tea is simply to DIE for!! Try it!

Scott B.

'Creamed' Tea
Hi, Love that Stash Tea. My friend and I love Irish Cream liquour in our tea in the afternoon. We tried it one day during the holiday for the fun of it and now everyone we know tried it. Sounds horrible, but "try it you'll like it".

Also, when having a tooth extracted, place a wet bag on the bleeding spot and it stops the bleeding. My husband also puts cool wet tea bags on his eye when it is swolen. Takes the swelling down within minutes.

MA

Tea-Marbleized Eggs
Yes, this is a tea recipe!

Hard boil your eggs as usual, plunging in icy water to chill quickly (this makes them EASY to peel) With the back of a heavy spoon, tap the shells to produce spiderweb cracks. Don't peel!

Place eggs in a large saucepan, cover with 2-3 cups of strong black tea, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a cinnamon stick, and 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite spiced tea leaves.

Simmer for three hours, checking often to make sure eggs stay covered in liquid, add more as necessary, but don't dilute the tea. After three hours, remove from heat and allow to sit from 8-36 hours at room temperature. (longer is better)

Serve at room temperature or chilled. Just before serving, carefully peel the eggs and remove any membrane. Slice, quarter, or leave whole.

The marbleized effect is stunning, and you will love the flavor. This makes a lovely garnish on a meat/vegetable platter, and alone is a dramatic addition to your buffet table.

Lisa C.

Tea on a Diet
I use my Stash tea to curb my sweet tooth when I am dieting. One cup of Stash tea and one tablet of sweetener satisfies me and keeps me on track. One of my favorite blends is one hot cup of Earl Grey and a tablespoon or two of Fat Free Whipping cream, this mix really takes care of my desire for foods with a much higher fat content.

Marlee

Tea and Ginger Drink
This may not be to all tastes, but I like my invention and drink it often. It's good hot or iced and does wonders for an upset stomach or nausea as well. Great when you have a cold, but wonderful anytime.

To one cup of Peppermint tea (Stash is my favorite!) add approx. one tablespoon or more of "Ginger drink". Stir and enjoy. The Ginger drink I refer to is easily found in any Asian grocery. It is a combination of powdered ginger and sugar, sold in packets or in a jar.

Marie R.

Tea and Chicken/Pork
Dearest Friends:

Where to start. I use a lot of tea in my cooking. It makes a wonderful flavor, I use lemon for Chicken and orange for pork. I simply add a couple of bags to the bottom of the pan and add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water (mostly for steam) and the flavor penetrates the meat making it delicious. Strong tea makes a good meat tenderizer, but I don't use the leaves, just the brew.

Maggie H.

Tea and Passover Eggs
For Passover, the seder plate is supposed to contain a roasted egg. I don't have time to roast an egg, so I hard boil one in tea. It comes out looking roasted and it's appealing to eat.

Merle M.

Tea and Sunburn
Dear Stash Tea People,

A lot of times my friends and I use cold tea bags to soothe bad sunburns. We drink tea while we watch movies and as a substitute for popcorn we dip vanilla wafers into it. I drink tea every morning so my mother uses the used tea for her plants. I also sprinkle some cinnamon into my tea and drink it while I am writing, it helps me think clearly.

Jennifer D. Wright
Las Vegas, NV

Teabag Letter Stuffers
I make strong blends such as Mint/Cinnamon/Orange Spice, and ice it. Great at a cookout and no one asks for sugar, lemon or milk (or cola). . . .

In out-of-the-U.S. letters I use tea bags as "stuffers" . . . Folks love the aroma when the letters are opened . . .

How about a Christmas tree with gift-wrapped cellophane tea packs as ornaments? Each guest gets one on the way out the door.

Edith B. Shafer
Greenfield, MA

Health Remedies

Tea and Cough Drops
When I'm coming down with a cold, I drink cups of Earl Grey tea with a honey-lemon cough drop in each cup. The cough drop sweetens the tea and helps those nasal passages. A great pick-me-up for a cold.

JD from SC and Katie A.

Tea and the Bandstand
Hello Stash Tea-I don't know if you are aware of this, but your licorice spice tea is the best tea on the market for singers! I am a professional jazz singer, and on the jazz faculty of New School University as well, and I always recommend licorice spice tea to my fellow singers and students.

The digestive properties of the licorice and cleansing properties of the other spices clear away any mucus that may irritate the vocal cords, and leave the throat feeling soothed and clean.

When I am sick, and I have a gig, I always keep a big mug of licorice spice tea on the bandstand!. (They're not going to like hearing this, but, in my book, it even beats Traditional Medicinals Throatcoat!!)I am putting in my order today for more!

Thanks, and please don't ever go out of business!

Amy London/ New York City

Ear Health
My friend and i use chamomile tea or peppermint tea to clean out our ears on a cotton bud (q-tip). We find it works wonderfully and smells divine.

unknown

The "Eyes" Have It!
Several people commented on how well used tea bags soothed red, irritated eyes and puffy eyelids. I would like to add that if you put your used tea bags in the refrigerator before you put them on your eyes it works much better and feels wonderful. Most of my used tea bags go to the refrigerator just in case. With the added bonus that they absorb odors and keep the refrigerator smelling good.

Donna Judge,
Flowery Branch, Ga.

Mint Tea & a Bath
When I have a bad headache, I'll dim the lights and put a few mint teabags in a hot bath. I'll let them soak for a while, and I'll put two of the wet teabags on my eyes/forehead/temples. It works!

Kelly

Soothing Sleep & No Wrinkles
I live in Montana,USA. I must tell you your Stash tea is the best. I do not sleep well at all and i use bothe the sandman pm tea and the chamomile tea to help me get off to a good nights sleep. These two are especially great for dunking into your hot water but you can also after your tea is gone you put the still yet warm tea bags onto your shut eyes to reduce any wrinkles or swelling.

Caroline Jane Dyer

Common Cold
I lived in a house with very unreliable heat in college, and my roommates and I spent months exchanging colds and recuperating. The best (and much cheaper than over the counter) remedy would be fresh brewed hot tea, a generous helping of honey, and a shot of bourbon. Oddly enough, ingredients we always had in the house.

By Dave

Tea as Medicine
At our house, Licorice Spice tea is "Sore Throat Tea" because the licorice coats the back of the throat and makes it feel less sore. The steam from the tea also helps to clear nasal passages.

Elizabeth.

Nursing Pain
After I gave birth to my daughter, I had a terrible time nursing her. I was extremely sore and so I poured over as many books as I could, trying to find a suitable remedy. Everyone had a different suggestion, but none of them really worked. Finally, my sister suggested that I use black tea as a hot compress 2-4 times a day, being careful to wash the area before nursing. Wow! What a difference it made! Now I suggest it to all my first-time-mother-friends

Sincerely, Emily

Pink Eye Relief
I get horrible cases of conjunctivitis (pink eye) to the point where I cannot even open my eyes they hurt so much. My friend in Argentina, Gerardo, couldn't stand to see me suffer, so he made a cup of hot tea. When it had cooled down enough, he put some in an eye cup and had me suction it to my face, tilt my head back, and blink my eye a few times. I cannot express my relief that the burning stopped and I could see once again! I now use this remedy every time I come down with pink eye.

Black Currant Tea "Foot Relief"
I use a cup a day for my feet and ankle swelling, and Arthritis, it works for me. Even "Trey" my dog loves it!!

Joyce

Medicinal Uses
Now, I'm a serious tea drinker (English, sweet, and milky). I've been using tea all my life for eyes (black tea tannins stop a sty before it develops and draws out impurities as with eyes that feel tired and granular). I've "antiqued" fabrics with it for theater. But, the most amazing "cure" I've seen with black tea is this (and no one's mentioned it so far that I've seen): I used to work in Veterinary medicine. My first week required me to bring a cat up from post-op to go home. Well, the cat was still coming off ketamin (a hallucinogenic-type anesthesia) and though I had her "scruffed" properly, she managed to twist around in my hand as though she were double-jointed, and sink her teeth into my hands several times before I dropped her. I felt so foolish holding on as long as I did, but I worried more about her than myself. My hands gushed blood and I used a nail brush to scrub the bites out with an iodine based solution. Still, my hands swelled and fevered painfully for many days. One day I was visiting my English girlfriend who brewed a pot of good, strong English tea. Once I got my cup, I remembered the drawing qualites of tea tannins and placed the warm bags on my hands. Within 20 minutes, most of the swelling and redness had disappeared from my hands and there was a major reduction in pain. If anything could convince me of the medicinal qualities of tea, that did it.

By Lara Chandler

Dust mites
My younger brother suffers from dust mite allergy, and our doctor told my mother than the tannin in tea kills dust mites. When he had an attack, Mum would wash his face in tea and give him a cuppa, and he would be right as rain.

By Anita Jaensch

Stopper it up
Whenever anyone in my family gets the occasional bout of diarrahea, a cup of black tea (no sweeteners added) does the trick! No more diarrhea.

A.Miller

Bug Bites
I am allergic to ant bites to the extreme. Faster, better, more convenient than a trip to the emergency room, is a wet tea bag on the bite. I'm sure it would work on any insect bite! Real handy for camping trips and cutting the grass. Provides instant relief.

Suzanne Rumsey

Sleeping Help
I found out that Chamomile tea was really relaxing for sleep etc...and so when my baby was born in 1998, I made it a point to drink Chamomile tea at night a bit before it was time for him to go to sleep and so as he nursed, he got the Chamomile in his milk and he'd be out in no time! As he got older and was drinking out of a cup, he also wanted to drink Tea like Mommy and Daddy did. So that is a nice habit to have... and helps him relax for sleep!

Also, I had never heard of Chai tea until a few years ago, and then finally had an opportunity to try some at a local Indian restaurant. It was delicious. Well, I saw some recipes around in various books and articles and none seemed to duplicate the taste I had experienced at the restaurant. Then, one day at the store, I saw Stash Chai tea and I thought, well, I'll just try this - no messing around with trying to figure out the flavors. Imagine my surprise when the taste was as rich and as smooth as what I remembered tasting at the restaurant. Hmmmmmmm could it be their secret is Stash?

Finally, I read that certain spices like pepper, cloves etc. repel ants. Then I realized that Chai tea has both of those plus others. I brewed up a cuppa Chai tea, and then dragged the wet tea bag around on my counter top and let the counter air dry, and left the tea bag sitting on the counter overnight. Next day - no ants! And they don't come back for a good long while, at least until the Chai spice smell wears off apparently. (and I do not like using toxic smelly pesticides!). So it is easy to re-do for other bug problems...

So there you go. I think I am forgetting another tea trick but oh well I can come back and write again.

Julia in Kansas

Wisdom Teeth Extraction
After my daughter had her wisdom teeth out, my dentist recommended using cold wet tea bags immediately on the stitches. The tannins helped to stop the bleeding. Well, it totally stopped the bleeding!!

Christina Wippler

Singing with tea
I didn't have time to read all of the list of uses, but among the ones I could find, I didn't see mine. I'm 17 years old, and been a singer my whole life it seems. I joined an actual choir when I was in fifth grade, and have been in my school choirs ever since. When singing gets as important to you as it is to me, you try all different ways to get rid of a sore throat. The best way I've found so far to do that is 1) LEAVE OUT THE LEMON!!!! The citric acid of the fruit only aggravates a sore throat, making it worse. Just boil up a nice cup of tea (any tea will do) and add one or two tbs of honey. At least one or two days later, that sore throat should be gone!

Raven MacBride

Chickenpox and tea
When I was small, my mother used tea bags for a variety of things. The one I remember most was a freshly boiled tea bag on my chicken pox. She would let it cool enough so it wouldn't scald my skin, and she would lay a tea bag on each little mark. She also ran a warm bath and threw in a couple of gallon size bags to let me soak when they got really bad. I experimented over the years and found that they also work wonders on any kind of bug bite or sting.

Mouth sore cure using tea
When I get mouth sores inside, I drink alot of tea and you can also put a used tea bag inside on the sore. Repeat as needed

Erin

Chamomile Tea Eye Soother
I am a tea drinker, mostly herb teas, chamomile tea is my favorite. It is useful in more ways than one. I had an eye infection and saw my eye speialist. He advied me to use chamomile tea. You can brew the tea bags, wait till they cool a bit then place over your eyes or take a clean cloth and dip it in the tea. This soothes and heals.

Monica Reinkober

Camomile tea nasal decongestant
Well this definitely fits the bill as not your typical use of tea. Our pediatrician recommended chamomile tea with sugar as a thickener as a natural nasal decongestant for our son. The chamomile tea is natural and harmless. It's anti-inflammatory properties calms the irritated passages. The sugar is merely a thickener so it doesn't run out right away. We make the tea, stir in the sugar and place a few dropperfuls into the nostrils to ease the discomfort.

M. Patrick

Iced Tea Bags
After each use of a tea bag, (Stash English Breakfast is my favorite) collect it and store it in a cool place. When you have enough (it would vary depending on the size of the ice tray) fill up an ice cube tray with hot warm water and submerge the used bags in each square. When you need to ice down a bump or a bruise, just apply one of the ready made 'tea' soaked ice cubes (wrapped with a soft towel) on the spot and it will soothe ordinary bruises and keep them from turning darker.

Houry A. Der Simonian

Uses for tea
A hot tea bag (black tea works best) applied to your eyes will help get rid of a sty. Use water as hot as possible without burning and leave it on your eye until the bag cools down. Usually, it only takes 2-3 of these treatments to be rid of those painful sties. I love your teas!!

Beth :-)

Catnip and fennel
I have three sons and my middle had the worst colic as a baby. A lady in the Dr.'s waiting room overheard me fussing with my baby and said to go out and buy catnip tea and add fennel (you can buy them already mixed). I gave this to my baby and within 15 mins he was calm and quiet. Such a wonder~!

I use Chamomile tea to aid sleeping at night. It is better than the drugs the Dr. offered and no drugged feeling in the morning. Add a little catnip to this and some peppermint and you have a wonderful stomach 'calmer' and it helps you relax too. Which we all know that if we are calm our stomachs feel better quicker.

Faith Fidler

Relaxing with tea
I have 3 young children between the ages of 3 and 6, so needless to say my days are filled with stress and loud voices. Well, when I get to the point of near eruption I make myself a cup of tea and hide in a corner with a good book for about 15 minutes. This really helps to ease the tension and to calm my nerves. There is no pill in the world that can make that big of a difference in that little bit of time.

Try it, it really does work.

Juanita Hoffman

A Peppermint Prescription
My sister has problems with her digestive system and her doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer. After reading that peppermint calms and relaxes the stomach she tried it out and now uses a strong brew of peppermint tea instead of the prescription drug recommended by her doctor. She says that it works just as well if not better - and no side effects!

Millicent B. Herman

A Real Shiner
When my daughter Kara was 9 months old, she fell and got a real shiner of a black eye. To soothe the painful and discolored area, I placed warm already been used China Black tea bags on the affected area. Not only did it take away the discomfort, but I believe that it also drew out the heavy discoloration and helped to heal the injury quicker than it would have healed on its own.

Annie

Chamomile and Colic
My daughter Kara was very colicky as a young baby. The only two things that relieved her colic were going to a chiropractor (who uses energy therapy as well as traditional chiropractic) from the ripe old age of 10 days and drinking several bottles of chamomile tea a day. I even mixed the chamomile tea with her Nutramigen (formula for colicky babies) when she was really in a bad way.

Annie

Stop Bleeding
Tea, plain-old-cheap black tea, will do to stop bleeding and to take the redness out of bloodshot-eyes. The tannic acid causes vasoconstriction, hence the effect. I had the opportunity to personally test this out, after I bit my cheek enough to cause copious belleding, swallowed lots, became sick to my stomach in public...finally moistened a tea bag, set it in my cheek, and the bleeding subsided within minutes, that had been been going on at that point for over 4 hours!

RL

Tea Instead of Coffee
I did not find this in your list of tea uses but here's another. My wife and I recently returned from her stay in a Hospital where she was being treated for an immune disorder caused by a reaction to an antibiotic. In addition to the physical problems she developed, she had also become allergic to too many food items to mention. Since one of her allergies was to coffee, in its stead she received a daily Chamomile Tea Enema.

Andy C.

Arkansas

Soothing Shot Pain
When my baby had his shots one of the nurses recommended putting teabags over the injection site. At first I used black teabags but I found the next time that the green tea bags worked much better. Evidently due to the more potent tannins. I wet a tea bag, I even took them to the Doctors office with me and an ace bandage to hold it in place. As soon as she injected the site I put the bag on and the bandage. My baby was soothed in seconds and there was no swelling or knot as before. I use them every time now, it works wonderfully.

Lee Ann Newton

Loquat Leaf Tea
My mother is from an Armenian community in Jerusalem. She told me that her family used to make a tea from the leaves of the loquat (spelling?) tree. This brew was usually made for those suffering from pain in there kidneys which is exactly why she made it for me, and the pain subsided. This tea has a beautiful pink hue, and a subtle sweetness unlike any other herbal tea I've tried. Just boil one whole leaf in about 3 cups of water.It's a great hot tea to enjoy during the Summer.

Armen Chakmakian

Glendale, CA

Tea and Warts
To heal plantar warts, soak a black tea bag in hot water, and then place the damp bag on the wart itself for fifteen minutes once or twice a day. The tannic acid is just as good at killing the wart as the acids in various over-the-counter wart removers!

http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/ydwwt06.jpg

Chamomile and CRAMPS!!
Ladies, if you suffer from monthly cramps, moodiness, etc. Chamomile is just the thing. I drink it whenever that time of the month is upon me. It really works. Trust me!! Also as some of the other posts mentioned, it's good for stomach upset, such as gas... Peppermint works very well for nausia, especially due to morning sickness... It also works for head aches, although sometimes you might have to drink several cups because for me,at least, sometimes head aches tend to come back after a while.

I also find chamomile to be a comfort drink when I am upset about something.

Michelle Thomas

Dental Procedures
I was a dental assistant for 20 years and some of our patients used a moist tea bag to help coagulate blood after extraction of teeth. They would bite down on it like you would gause until we could see them....I do not know why it works but it does.

Carleen Schult

Soothe the eyes, soothe the skin
I've always found warm or icy teabags (used) soothing on my eyes. A couple of years ago I developed an infection called "pink eye" and it was recommended that in addition to my eyedrops I place hot compresses on my eyes several times a day. The nurse suggested that just-brewed teabags--still hot--make ideal compresses. It really helped!

I've also found that plain tea kept cold in the 'fridge (we always have some for iced tea) is very soothing for sunburn. I pour the cold tea into a bowl and dip a clean wash cloth into it and gently pat the affected areas. Instant relief!

But mostly, the tea goes into my mouth. After a recent trip to England, my consumption of hot tea (with milk, no sugar) has definitely increased. I especially like your decaffeinated English Breakfast tea.

Marjorie

Skin art, medicine, and drinking
I have several things I use tea for:

Assam: is GREAT for mixing with my henna.. the tannin properties are great.. I use the henna for skin art.

Peppermint: When I have a migraine, or an upset stomach this is so calming and relaxing..

The rest.. I just LOVE to drink hot or cold, I LOVE my tea....

Sue

The Magic of Camomile
I was in Croatia for two years and went to a dentist there who was a remarkably handsome man, and a wonderful dentist, too. I had to have two wisdom teeth removed, one of which was so deeply impacted it took two dentists to get it out. Anyway, this dentist was a great believer in Camomile tea for post-surgery therapy. He called me several times after the operation to make sure I was remembering the Camomile. Now I get a surge of emotion whenever I see Camomile tea and do believe it has great soothing qualities.

Margaret Lee
New York, NY

One more remedy from tea bags
Drip a tea bag in boiling water, squeeze out extra moisture and allow to cool to a comfortable skin temperature. Then, place it on a fever blister (those nasty external cankor sores) to help dry it up and promote healing. Unlike salves that keep a sore soft and do not promote scabbing, a tea bag draws the infection out. I had a doctor in Florida suggest it over 30 years ago while I was vacationing with my family. I have always remembered what a simple, effective remedy it was and wanted to pass it on.

Linda G.
Cincinnati, OH

Taking the ouch out of bee stings.
When I was a child each summer we would have family reunions at a cousin's lake cabin and invaribly one of us kids would get stung. As most of the adults were tea drinkers there was always a supply of used tea bags to place on the sting to bring the swelling down and ease the pain.

Now, 35 years later, my husband and I have a resort and use the same remedy for our guests!

Lynette McLean
Highlands Resort
Guerneville, CA

Help for Poison Ivy
I had a severe case of poison ivy on my face, of all places! My eyes were almost swollen shut. I put wet tea bags on both eyes and took a nap. When I woke up, almost all the swelling in my eyes was gone. I promise you, it really worked!

Linda H.
McLeod, TX.

Tea ideas passed down
When I was growing up I lived with my Grandmother who would always use leftover tea and tea leaves on her plants indoors and outdoors. The plants love it.

If ever I had a small infection in my eyes she would tell me to wipe my eyes with a piece of cottonwool soaked in tea or a used tea bag.

I still do these things myself and find the tea works great on my cats if they get an eye infection.

Tereza. CA.

Whoopie Tea!
My wife and I are big fans of Stash "Triple Ginseng" tea. I've been a fan of ginseng for years and was delighted to see the Stash company variety in the store. On the package, it says ginseng "enhances performance under stress" or something like that.

Well, my wife and I have found this to be quite true. We very much enjoy a cup of triple ginseng, just before retiring to our room to practice the finer points of marriage (hint-hint).

Our suggestion to all couples out there...try it.

The owner of a local Chinese grocery told me one time that ginseng will "help keep you warm in the winter." Now, I know what he meant.

Mike & Christa

Jet Lag
I first discovered Stash teas several years ago on a trip to Anaheim. I was there for a computer users group symposium, which generally for me meant several days immersion in shop talk with my colleagues from all over. This was NOT the time for jet lag; I needed (and wanted) to be awake and alert for 18 hours a day to take advantage of this gathering. Unfortunately, the cross-country flight left me with vicious headaches and generally feeling lousy. The hotel provided coffee, tea, and juice at our break times, and fortunately for me, the teas were Stash. The Stash chamomile is the best I have ever found for jet lag, overwork, and aggravation. I recommend it to all my friends & co-workers as a gentle antidote to unhappy heads & stomachs.

Nora N.

Inside Relief
I know this sounds really strange but I like to mix up peppermint tea and mandarin tea. It tastes really good and it works really well on upset tummies, cramps, diarrhea, and overall discomfort.

*sarah*

Hot Tea Spoken Here
As a child, I was an on-again off-again tea drinker. I spent 3 weeks in Russia and since then I can't leave the stuff alone. It is addicting. I have a travel mug designated for Stash tea that I can easily take on my morning commute (which I do almost religiously). I can't sleep at night without my tea. If I am having a sleepless night, which is often, I get up and make a cup of hot tea, usually chamomile or peppermint. I then drink it as hot as I can take it. I love the feeling of warm going down. I usually quickly relax and am asleep before I can take care of my mug. It works much better than counting sheep. I usually loose my place around 100. I would have many restless nights without my Stash.

Sarah M.
Flint, MI

Sweet Tea
In the summer - on hot days - our dog (who was raised down south) begs for sweet tea!! We also have a potbelly pig who also LOVES sweet tea!! Teas also work all of the same health Miracles on animals as they do on people!!

Also - when we moved here - we had an almost dead 100 year old tree in our front yard - it wasn't getting enough water - but we poured ALL of our leftover sweet tea on this tree and it flourished!! Not only did it come back to life, but it began growing!!!

Talking to plant experts - the sugar acts as extra energy for plants - as well as people! We've since had our roof re-done so that the rain water now pours directly into the trees roots.

Kirk S.

Tea and Wisdom Teeth
Ouch. The place where my wisdom teeth used to be is awfully sore. Do not fret--a bag of Stash Tea applied to the painful area is just the ticket. I will feel better in a moment.

A.C.

Tea and Colds
My recipe is plain and ordinary-but does wonders for the common cold.

1 serving of steeped tea, for this I usually use lemon, chamomile, or mint.

2-3 heaping tbsps of honey, depending on how sweet you like it.

Juice of about 1/3 of a fresh lemon

simply mix together.

Tea and Memories
When I was a small child and would end up sick, my mom and babysitter would always give me tea and toast. Whenever I have a cup of tea it brings back the soothing memories of the "comfort" delivered by the cup of tea with just a few drops of milk added. My babysitter was a devout tea drinker and I love brewing my suntea with tropical flavors.

Lori in CA

Peppermint Tea and Migraines
I have suffered from migraine headaches since I was a child, and nothing makes me feel better than a cup of peppermint tea. It settles my stomach, and the aromatherapy of peppermint helps to relieve the pain. So next time you are feeling under the weather, try a cup of peppermint tea - it will definitely lift your spirits!

Dana

Tea and Stings
Wet tea bags placed on "sea nettle" (stinging jellyfish) injuries really help with the pain and with the healing.

In addition to helping to heal sea nettle bites, I have used tea for:
Soothing sore gums due to cutting teeth or extractions: Make strong tea and hold it in your mouth for a minute several times a day.
For WHATEVER ails you: One mug of strong tea with a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, and a jigger of Irish whiskey.

A. Wiegers

Tea and Canker Sores
Well... I read your site 3 times because I simply could not believe no one had mentioned my uses for used tea bags.

I have terrible trouble with acid reflux, and get canker sores in the back of my mouth from the stomach acid. The best thing I have found to ease the pain (and also the cheapest) is to suck on a chilled, used, black tea bag. The tannin cleanses and numbs the sores, allowing me to eat whatever I please with no pain.

The same chilled tea bags also work wonders on sunburn, mosquito bites, paper cuts... you name it. I have not yet run into a skin irritation that could not be helped by the application of a tea bag.

S.E.M.S. Hampton, VA

Tea and Breastfeeding
As a Breastfeeding Consultant for the young mothers at our hospital, I deal with complaints of sore nipples all the time, one of the best remedies is for Mom to first make a cup of hot tea to sip while she nurses and then place the used tea bags on her nipples to help with the soreness. Black tea seems to work the best because of the tannic acid but some of my moms only drink herbal and that seems to work for them too. I know that taking the time to brew the tea is part of the relaxation of breastfeeding and to this day, even though my youngest is 16 y/o, I still get that warm comfortable feeling when I pour that first early cup of tea.

Breastfeeding Builds Better Babies...

Faith DeWald-Hammel, RNC

Throat Specialist RX for Strep Throat
Several years ago, during a severe ice storm, my sister had strep throat & couldn't get out to go to her Throat-Specialist, so she called him. He told her not to get out on the streets, because it was too dangerous, and that she could doctor it herself at home.

Here's what he told her to do: Place 4 or 5 regular sized bags of black tea (not decaffeinated) into a coffee cup. Pour boiling water over bags, & let sit until it becomes cloudy & thick looking. Do not sweeten or add any other ingredient. Keep tea warm (LEAVE TEA BAGS IN CUP)---gargle with this extremely strong tea when throat hurts, itches, or coughing begins. The tannic acid in the strong tea coats the throat, stopping the pain & itch, & at the same time heals the strep throat, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Most of my family & friends use this remedy. Everyone I know that uses this "recipe" swears by it. One of my neices is a nurse at a large hospital--she said her fellow nurses use this remedy all the time.

One little hint--if you're like me, & don't like the bitterness of the strong tea, after tea is as strong as you think it will get, wring out the bags into the cup & pour the tea into a spray bottle. Then when you need to use it, just heat til warm, & spray into back of throat--this misses most of your taste buds. For adults I would use at least 5 sprays, & children about 3 sprays. When my son was 3 years old & would start getting a sore throat, he'd screw up his face & say, "My throat hurts. Fix me some tea, Momma". Come to think of it, at 15 years of age, he's still doing the same thing. It really does work, if you follow the directions exactly.

Donna Carnall

Beauty Remedies

Tea for Tired Eyes
If my eyes are tired and/or hurting, I take a warm tea bag and rub my eyes with it. For some reason, that seems to sooth them.

Kathy in Essington, PA

Tea for Sunburns
Tea is great to use for sunburns. I use a regular iced tea blend. You put about 10-15 tea bags in a hot bath and let them steep in the water. Then lay your sunburnt body in the warm bath and the tea somehow helps take the burn away from your sunburn! I don't know the science behind this but it does work, I have recommended to lots of people and they all have said that a tea bath has worked to reduce the pain associated with fresh sunburned skin.

Ashley in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Chamomile as Conditioner
I put some strongly brewed chamomile tea that I allow to cool in a spray bottle and spray my hair with it. It helps soften and moisturize your hair. Remember to make a new batch of tea every two to three days. You can also add a few drops of conditioner to the bottle, shake it up and make your own leave in spray conditioner.

Abby Marie

Mint tea
I like to use mint tea to wash my face with. It works like toner and smells pretty nice. I also use a few bags like bath sachets sometimes.

Talia

Bathing with Tea
I lived through the terrible earthquake in Kobe, Japan, in January of 1995. My apartment building was badly damaged but still upright, however, there was no heat, electricity, or water. I remained there for three days before some of the train tracks were repaired to enable me to leave town. Fortunately, I had cans of liquid oolong tea in the apartment (they are commonly sold that way in soda machines and grocery stores). By sponge bathing myself with the tea each day, I was able to stay clean and fresh. My hair, too, felt soft and clean! I was told much later by a chemist that certain chemicals in the tea bind with fats and oils and help wash them away. Since the earthquake, I've often used tea to wash my hands when soap has not been nearby. Hands don't feel sticky and it makes them smell just fine.

Bruce Feldman

Eye Medicine
Can't stay married for 28 years without having been reduced to tears on occasion. I am proud to say that friends, family, neighbors, etc., can never tell when I have been a ball bag the night before because I use my left over tea bags to bathe my eyes with. Just take any used tea bags, moisten them, place on eyes and let them bide a while. This trick really works.

P.S. If you've been a real watering pot you may need to reapply!

P.S.S. My husband is a real sweetie "most of the time."

Sincerely,KLT

Chamomile for hair
I was surprised that I didn't see this one on the list already. My hairstylist told me once to use chamomile every so often for my hair when it gets dry. At first I was afraid to do it for two reasons: 1) my hair is blond and I thought it would get discolored and 2) the acid in tea might dry my hair out even more. Not so, she assured me. Now, at least once a month (especially when I get chemical build up on my hair), I make a pitcher of chamomile and let it cool off a bit. Usually I soak my hair in it after a shower and use it as a leave-in conditioner. Sometimes when I just want a hint of that wonderful aroma I'll use chamomile as a rinse. It works great - my hair has never been healthier!

Oh, and I just wanted to thank the person who mentioned that they put chai tea bag wrapper in their books for the aroma. Chai is my absolute favorite for the taste AND the smell. That was a wonderful recommendation!

Brandie

Car Freshener
I tape a fresh tea bag to the vent on the dashboard of my car. That way, when I turn on the heat or AC, I can smell the sweet aroma. The smell also lingers for a long time after the tea bag comes off. So far, I have only used black tea, but I am sure the fruit teas would be great to use!

Rachel Stearns

Hot Tea Bath
Well I use a ginger tea type and add it to my hot baths, it helps detoxify my body from colds and such. You can also use your favorite tea and add it to 2-3 tablespoons honey, a little water to make it runny and 2 tablespoons rice powder (just add rice in your blender and chop for a minute, until fine powder) this is a fantastic body scrub and polish, when taking a bath or shower, enjoy and relax. : )

Clinton Gregory

Earl Grey Scent
Regarding the wish for Earl Grey sachets or dryer sheets, save your delicious Stash Earl Grey tea bags for your tea cup. That scent comes from Bergamot. Locate some good quality Bergamot essential oil to use in a diffuser. That way you can fill your home with the scent of Earl Grey tea without wasting the tea bags.

Theresa Kiihn

Tea Potpourri
Instead of going out and buying expensive potpourri, I mix together left over tea ( usually Earl Gray or Oolong), orange peels,and cloves, and boil them on the kitchen stove. The fragrance makes the house smell wonderful!!

Keisha Y. Baldwin

Tea and sunburn
Growing up in Arizona before sunscreen, sunburn was an unfortunate way of life. My mom learned that wiping used teabags over the sunburned skin helped to relieve the pain and heal the burn more quickly...apparently the tannic acid helps to neutralize the burn.

Ann

Tea Removes Odors
My Best Vietnamese friend taught me an extension to the things others have mentioned: Pour some tea over your hands after eating. The tea is able to remove all odors from your fingers, and leaves them smelling great. Nothing else seems to remove fish odors so well.

Geno

Sweating Palms
Let your hands soak in a plate of strongly brewed tea after the liquid has cooled. It will stop your excessive palm sweating! It is likely due to the tannic acid effects.

Vince

Take Earl Grey to bed with you
Dear Stash Tea Folks, I love the smell of the earl Grey tea bags, and I thought to myself how great it would be if my sheets could smell just like them. So I put an Earl Grey tea bag in a clean white sock and tossed it in the dryer with my sheets to dry. Guess what? It didn't work. Why don't you make Earl Grey sachet or dryer sheets to throw in with sheets and towels? Let me know how this idea strikes you. Your ad for it could read: "Take Earl Grey to bed with you..." I know, it's real silly, but I used to be in advertising and I can't help it. Good night.

Susan Herner

Chamomile Bath
I was recently watching a show on PBS on herbal cures. They were talking about chamomile. One of their hints was to add 4 tea bags to your bath water stream and soak. It really works.

Judy Sanderson

Chamomile for Baby
My grandmother believed chamomile tea would soothe a colicky baby's tummy. She would give a bottle of sweetened chamomile tea to the baby. The upset tummy would be gone. I love your chamomile....the fragrance is wonderful and soothing.

Mary M.

Beauty Secret
Several years ago I had a "makeover" with a Dallas area model. One of her "beauty secrets" was a facial tonic made from strong black tea and witch hazel. I think the tea soothed and lightly tinted the skin. I still make this concoction from time to time using black Stash teas.

Kathleen M., St. Louis

Tea bath.
Tea is an astringent. Do your feet smell? Wash them for 20 mins or more in a bowl of hot tea, (the cheapest, roughest kind, nothing fancy or scented) once a day for three days, then once a week thereafter. I find that a bowl of hot tea for my feet in front of the PC and a glass (bottle) of wine (internal use only) is sufficient excuse for demanding to be left undisturbed. (My trainers left by the door help). I have found that the bathing of parts suffering from sweat rash with tea helps too.

Chamomile Steamer
Hi! One thing I do is, every morning, I sit on my porch in my soft, cushioned bench and have a cup of peppermint tea and a slice of cake. The peppermint helps me to wake up while I watch the sunrise. I also do the same thing in the evening with chamomile tea and several cookies to help me unwind. Another thing I do with chamomile tea is have an herbal facial steam. First, I boil about 3 or 4 cups of water and pour it into a large bowl. Then, let it sit for around 5 minutes. After that, rip open 1 bag of chamomile tea per cup of water, and empty the contents into the bowl. Next, you can put a towel over your head, bend over the bowl so your head is 6 inches away from the bowl, letting little steam escape, and enjoy for 15 minutes.

Briana M., Pennsylvania

Tea and Gray-haired Scots
My Scottish Biology professor used to tell the class about how it was a standard procedure for the "graying" men (in the good old days) to dye their head with strong tea. Apparently it makes a good hair rinse (tannic acid must lower the pH) and cuts the shampoo's alkalinity. As a bonus it covers gray quite well and doesn't cost like using hair dye. I've used it as a hair rinse myself (I already have brown hair) and I find it feels soothing on my skin.

LANCE & JACQUIE SHERST

Tea and Freckles
Dear Stash people,

This will sound utterly insane, but it actually works. I'm a redhead with freckles, and I mean FRECKLES! They get really bad in the summer and because I'm so fair complected I can't really get a good tan to even them out and make them less apparent.

A friend of mind suggested that I take an old cloth and soak it in strong brewed tea and leave it over my face for several minutes each day. This lightly "tans" my face without the hassle of sunburn and risk of skin cancer! It doesn't make the freckles disappear but it does reduce their appearance.

Rhiannon

Tea and Feet
Use a chilled pitcher of peppermint tea as a foot soak. It will invigorate hot, tired feet.

Karen G.
Coquitlam, BC

Tea and Brown Hair
Hello!

Get this. I know it may not sound too odd but it does work (for a while). I used green tea to die my brown hair slightly red. What I mean by "for a while" is that the next day I had physical education (I'm still in Jr. High, okay!) and the red tinge was lost.

Matthew C.

Tea and Soothing Eyes
I actually use "spent" chamomile tea bags for a nightly/morning eye soother. I put the teabags in the freezer until they are almost solid (about 10 minutes). after my husband and I are finished drinking our tea, I take the teabags out of the freezer and put them on my eyes. The coolness and the soothing properties of the chamomile flowers in the tea bags really help undereye puffiness and just overall tiredness of the eyes. It's a good way to get the most for your money and it's all natural.

steph

Mint Tea and Cool Skin
Hi! Strong mint tea is a great remedy for sunburn. Brew it, put it on a compress, apply to sunburned area, and breathe a sigh of relief because your poor red skin feels cool again.

Lyn Belisle in San Antonio

Tea and Split Nails
Here's a hint for the woman with long nails...

You can use tea bags to repair split nails. All you have to do is take the tea out of your bag and clip the bag to whatever shape you need. Apply to nail with clear nail polish. This will make for strong nails.

Lisa S.

Tea and Henna
This week, I used an infusion of cheap Assam tea, ginger and chamomile added to henna to dye my hair. I makes the whole process smell lovely and adds more complexity to the normal henna color.

Eliza I Stefaniw

Tea and Food Odors
Put your used teabags in a small bowl in your refrigerator to absorb strong smells like onions and garlic, this will stop them contaminating the other food.

David Edwards
London, U.K.

Tea and Underwear
Dear Stash Folks:

Why let the great aroma be lost down an incinerator?! I have two wonderful uses for your little foil packets. One is opening the packet wide and leaving as a sachet in my underwear drawer . . . always changing the aroma makes for interesting encounters! Secondly, I use the same sachet idea when packing my suitcase, I just throw in a few opened packages ( and a few closed also).

Thanks for such great taste and scents!

Yours Truly,

Susan H. Chaplin
New York, NY

Tea and Puffy Eyes
Dear Stash Folks,

This might sound really strange, but I have used tea bags to help hot, puffy eyes feel better - a bags for bags treatment. Sorry, pun intended. Once you've had your tea, just squeeze the excess moisture out of the bags and save them until they are cold. Then lay down, close your eyes, and put a bag on each. Don't take my word for it - try it. It really does help, especially on mornings when you haven't had enough sleep. Just don't let anybody see you because it does look a little odd.

Cheers,

KNell
Grand Forks, ND

Things I Use Chamomile For
I LOVE your website. As for what do I do with tea besides drinking it -- I've used your chamomile tea to "depuff" the bags under my eyes. I've also used the chamomile & peppermint tea in boiling water to "steam" open my pores & sweat out the impurities in my skin. I've also used the chamomile tea (brewed strong, then cooled) to rinse my hair & bring out the color & shine (I have long black hair).

Anyway, thanks to everyone at Stash Tea for providing such a quality product! Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Kathie Fong Yoneda

Pets

Tea for Eye Infections
I used warm tea bags on a stray cat that had an eye infection and the eye infection seemed to clear up. Everytime I had a cup of tea I would squeeze the tea bag then rub them on the cat's eyes (if the cat allows you). This cat seemed to like it.

Kathy in Essington, PA

Healing a Sick Dog..with Green Tea..
I had a very sick dog...that I had picked up from the pound.
It wouldn't touch a bite of food, it wobbled when it walked,
and slept all of the time. This went on for a week.
Then I got a wild hair to give my doggy some green tea.
Then I put in the utility room with its food and milk, and the family
left to go to church. When we got back, every bit of the doggies food was
eaten, with no other culprits in sight. And it was wagging it's tail for the
first time after a week of being sick and near death. The doogie has
eaten ever since and is thriving very well.

Emeraldblueskies

Caffeine Cautions for Birds
I note that you have several people who have commented that they share their tea with their birds. PLEASE BE ADVISED that caffeinated tea is TOXIC TO BIRDS! I, too, love your teas -- mainly your black fruit flavored and your chai spice -- but I hide my cup from my conures, quakers and amazon. They only get to share my orange juice and herbal teas. If you could pass this tidbit on to your various bird loving postees it would be greatly appreciated.

By Jane Ellis

Pet Friendly Tea
I had never tried your teas before last weekend, and happened to be at my mother's having my first mug of Earl Grey and my mother's cockatiel Custard flew over to inspect the contents of the mug. I let her lean in and take a sniff and a taste, and it was all over-she wouldn't let me even have my OWN sips!

Thank you for such a wonderful, pet friendly treat!

Melissa Hunter

CockaTEAls
My cockatiels love warm chamomile tea. They sip it right out of the mug. They can't get enough! I always have to share with all 4 of them!

Debbie

Tea and Parrots
I love to drink tea. It's one of my favorite things in the world. I add some sugar and let it cool down quite a bit before I drink it. I have parrot, a black lory named Squirt. She's two years old and very spoiled. I never thought of giving her tea until one day she climbed onto the end table and dove beak-first into my jumbo mug. She drank as much as she could then tried to take a bath in the rest. So now, as a treat, I fix some fruit flavored tea and she loves it. She gets very possessive about "her mug." She won't drink it out of her bird dishes, it has to be in a mug. And I figured I should use a smaller mug so she can't bathe in it, since sugar makes her feathers sticky.

Jenny Siegfried

Calico cat and peppermint tea
Like Penny the Cat, my Calli went frantic when I opened a box of peppermint tea. So I threw the box with one tea bag down for her to see the reaction. Well, she sniffed, licked, soaked up the tea bag and box, and then she lay down on the remains for a catnap. What a sight. Who needs to buy fancy toys, eh?

Gloria

Begging for Tea
Whenever I sit down for a pot of tea, my bichon-frise "Maxx" joins me. He is a big fan of strong black tea with cream, and goes absolutely nuts waiting for his little cup to cool off enough for me to let him enjoy it. For the past ten years, we have shared tea and cookies in this ritual when its just the two of us, and when company comes over, he begs for tea! (He never begs for food, only tea!) Maxx is living a much longer, healthier life than our vet expected, for when we got him he was constantly ill. He is now nearly 14, and I credit at least part of it to the tea!

Lisa Kenny

Don't Forget our Feathered Friends!
First of all, I'd like to say big Thank You for making tea a part of daily life at our house. We enjoy your Premium Green, Organic China Green, and Mutan White teas the most. I always check the Internet Tea of the Week because I love the green canisters and that is the most economical way to get them.

I must say, although I enjoy a soothing cup of stash tea with my fiance', my favorite tea partner is actually my bird, Siggy. He is a Patagonian Conure (about the size of a pigeon, long-tailed and hook-billed like a Macaw). He's 19 years old now, and has been enjoying tea for a very long time. He prefers the Organic China Green, I think because it has the freshest taste, almost like a fresh-cut lawn, and a fresh peppermint leaf from the garden makes it taste
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:58 am
YOU DO WHAT IT TEA?! Continue

These are images that did not even register for some reason when I was making the previous post.

Tea and Greeting Cards
http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/greetcrd.gif

Christmas Tea Tree
http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/letter1.gif

Foil Envelopes and Catbox Cleaning
http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/litterb.gif

Tea and Penny the Cat
http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/pennycat.gif

http://www.stashtea.com/graphics/ydwwt05.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:02 am
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/6804/graphics/teatimeparty.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:08 am
Angelique .... something for you to see .... click

<the collection is incomplete as there are still a couple of tins in my suitcase>
0 Replies