AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:05 am
Bush Has Tea With the Queenhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Tea.jpg

While visiting England, George Bush is invited to tea with the Queen. He asks her what her leadership philosophy is. She says that it is to surround herself with intelligent people.

Bush asks how she knows if they're intelligent.

"I do so by asking them the right questions," says the Queen. "Allow me to demonstrate."

Bush watches as the Queen phones Tony Blair and says, "Mr. Prime Minister, please answer this question: your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother or sister. Who is it?"

Tony Blair responds, "It's me, ma'am."

"Correct. Thank you and good-bye, sir," says the Queen. She hangs up and says, "Did you get that, Mr. Bush?"

Bush nods: "Yes ma'am. Thanks a lot. I'll definitely be using that!"

Bush, upon returning to Washington, decides he'd better put the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to the test. Bush summons Jesse Helms to the White House and says, "Senator Helms, I wonder if you can answer a question for me."

"Why, of course, sir. What's on your mind?"

Bush poses the question: "Uhh, your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Helms hems and haws and finally asks, "Can I think about it and get back to you?"

Bush agrees, and Helms leaves. He immediately calls a meeting of other senior Republican senators, and they puzzle over the question for several hours, but nobody can come up with an answer. Finally, in desperation, Helms calls Colin Powell at the State Department and explains his problem.

"Now lookee here, son, your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Powell answers immediately, "It's me, of course."

Much relieved, Helms rushes back to the White House, finds George Bush, and exclaims, "I know the answer, sir! I know who it is! It's Colin Powell!"

And Bush replies in disgust, "Wrong, you dumb sh*t, it's Tony Blair!"
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:34 am
"Let It Be" Based on the performance by The Beatles
"Cuppa Tea" Parody by Kristof Robertson

A tribute to the long-standing belief in Britain that, whatever life throws at you, a cup of Earl Gray will help you get through! NB: Tetley and PG (Tips) are UK tea brands.

Cuppa Tea

When I find myself without a girlfriend
She has just walked out on me
Think I'll make myself a...cuppa tea
And in my boss's office
He is speaking of redundancy
I won't hit the bottle...I'll have tea

Cuppa tea, cuppa tea
That's for me, milk and three
Assam anaesthetic...cuppa tea

And when the po-lice tell me that a
Thief has trashed my Ferrari
Though I'm numb I'll offer....them some tea
Through all my trials and tribulations
One thing I can guarantee
You will always find me...drinking tea

Cuppa tea, cuppa tea
From Tetley, or PG
Please don't give me herbal
Makes me pee

Forget about narcotics
Charley, speed, hashish or even "E"
Nothing makes me happy...like my tea
I wake up, get the kettle boiling
Have some Corn Flakes, yessiree!
I can take the world on...after tea

Wounded knee, STD
Lost my key, dog's got flea
Have a cup, remember...
Cest la Vie!!!

http://www.cruftbox.com/cruft/images/teahowto-12.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:47 am
http://www.goingpostal.cc/Photography/Images/Large/lemons.GIF

"Lemon Tree" Based on the performance by Peter, Paul and Mary
"Lemon Tea" Parody by Michael McVey

In real life my granny was the one who made it very sweet (lol).

Lemon Tea

When I was just a lad of ten, my granny said to me,
Come here and have a drink of this lovely lemon tea.
Don't get so hooked on sugar, boy, my granny said to me,
'Cause sugar's not as healthy as this lovely lemon tea.

Lemon tea, very sour and the lemon flavor's strong,
I'm sorry, my dear granny, but I can't drink this very long!

One serving of the lemon tea was sure enough for me!
I like my tea so sweet that some would call it syrupy.
I passed that summer cringing from my granny's lemon tea,
At night I made it my way 'til she hid the sugar from me.

One day I left without a word, to brew some in the sun,
And bought some sugar at the store, but she knew what I had done.
She'd told me if I kept this up, one day I'd have no teeth,
And I'd be hyperactive and I'd give my parents grief.

Lemon tea, lemon tea, lemon tea, lemon tea....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:10 am
I love a stout black tea, particularly on a cold day. What I drink mostly is green. With enough raw buckwheat honey to sweeten it a bit.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:12 am
That sounds warm, and sweet edgar!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:14 am
Here is a nice mug of your favorite tea Edgarhttp://www.sff.net/people/jackb/CoffeeAni1.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:19 am
Why, thank you. I am staying home today, so I have time for at least a cup or two.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:36 am
http://members.tripod.com/~warlight/carr91.jpg

Alice in Wonderland
CHAPTER VIIA

MAD TEA-PARTY  

THERE was a table set out under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it: a Dormouse was sitting between them, fast asleep, and the other two were using it as a cushion, resting their elbows on it, and talking over its head.
"Very uncomfortable for the Dormouse," thought Alice; "only as it's asleep, I suppose it doesn't mind."
  The table was a large one, but the three were all crowded together at one corner of it. "No room! No room!" they cried out when they saw Alice coming. "There's plenty of room!" said Alice indignantly, and she sat down in a large arm-chair at one end of the table.
  "Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
  Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea. "I don't see any wine," she, remarked.
  "There isn't any," said the March Hare.
  "Then it wasn't very civil of you to offer it," said Alice angrily.
  "It wasn't very civil of you to sit down without being invited," said the March Hare.
  "I didn't know it was your table," said Alice: "it's laid for a great many more than three."
  "Your hair wants cutting," said the Hatter. He had been looking at Alice for some time with great curiosity, and this was his first speech.
  "You should learn not to make personal remarks," Alice said with some severity: "It's very rude."
  The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all said was "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"
  "Come, we shall have some fun now!" thought Alice. "I'm glad they've begun asking riddles - I believe I can guess that," she added aloud.
  "Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?" said the March Hare.
  "Exactly so," said Alice.
  "Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
  "I do," Alice hastily replied; "at least - at least I mean what I say - that's the same thing, you know."
  "Not the same thing a bit!" said the Hatter. "Why, you might just as well say that 'I see what I eat' is the same thing as 'I eat what I see'!"
  "You might just as well say," added the March Hare, "that 'I like what I get' is the same thing as 'I get what I like'!"
  "You might just as well say," added the Dormouse, which seemed to be talking in its sleep, "that 'I breathe when I sleep' is the same thing as 'I sleep when I breathe'!"
  "It is the same thing with you," said the Hatter, and here the conversation dropped, and the party sat silent for a minute, while Alice thought over all she could remember about ravens and writing-desks, which wasn't much.
  The Hatter was the first to break the silence. "What day of the month is it?" he said, turning to Alice: he had taken his watch out of his pocket, and was looking at it uneasily, shaking it every now and then, and holding it to his ear.
  Alice considered a little, and then said "The fourth."
  "Two days wrong!" sighed the Hatter. "I told you butter wouldn't suit the works!" he added, looking angrily at the March Hare.
  "It was the best butter," the March Hare meekly replied.
  "Yes, but some crumbs must have got in as well," the Hatter grumbled: "you shouldn't have put it in with the bread-knife."
  The March Hare took the watch and looked at it gloomily: then he dipped it into his cup of tea, and looked at it again: but he could think of nothing better to say than his first remark, "It was the best butter, you know."
  Alice had been looking over his shoulder with some curiosity.
"What a funny watch!" she remarked. "It tells the day of the month, and doesn't tell what o'clock it is!"
  "Why should it?" muttered the Hatter. "Does your watch tell you what year it is?"
  "Of course not," Alice replied very readily: "but that's because it stays the same year for such a long time together."
  "Which is just the case with mine," said the Hatter.
  Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to her to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. "I don't quite understand you," she said, as politely as she could.
  "The Dormouse is asleep again," said the Hatter, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.
  The Dormouse shook its head impatiently, and said, without opening its eyes, "Of course, of course: just what I was going to remark myself."
  "Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
  "No, I give it up," Alice replied. "What's the answer?"
  "I haven't the slightest idea," said the Hatter.
  "Nor I," said the March Hare.
  Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."
  "If you knew Time as well as I do," said the Hatter, "you wouldn't talk about wasting it. It's him."
  "I don't know what you mean," said Alice.

"Of course you don't!" the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. "I dare say you never even spoke to Time!"
  "Perhaps not," Alice cautiously replied; "but I know I have to beat time when I learn music."
  "Ah! That accounts for it," said the Hatter. "He won't stand beating. Now, if you only kept on good terms with him, he'd do almost anything you liked with the clock. For instance, suppose it were nine o'clock in the morning, just time to begin lessons: you'd only have to whisper a hint to Time, and round goes the clock in a twinkling! Half-past one, time for dinner!"
  ("I only wish it was," the March Hare said to itself in a whisper.)
  "That would be grand, certainly," said Alice thoughtfully; "but then - I shouldn't be hungry for it, you know."
  "Not at first, perhaps," said the Hatter: "but you could keep it to half-past one as long as you liked."
  "Is that the way you manage?" Alice asked.
  The Hatter shook his head mournfully. "Not I!" he replied. "We quarrelled last March - just before he went mad, you know -" (pointing with his teaspoon at the March Hare) "- it was at the great concert given by the Queen of Hearts, and I had to sing

'Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!'

You know the song, perhaps?"
  "I've heard something like it," said Alice.
  "It goes on, you know," the Hatter continued, "in this way:-

'Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea-tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle -'"

Here the Dormouse shook itself, and began singing in its "Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle, twinkle -" and went on so long that they had to pinch it to make it stop.
  "Well, I'd hardly finished the first verse," said the Hatter, "when the Queen bawled out 'He's murdering the time! Off with his head!'"
  "How dreadfully savage!" exclaimed Alice.
  "And ever since that," the Hatter went on in a mournful tone, "he won't do a thing I ask! It's always six o'clock now."
  A bright idea came into Alice's head. "Is that the reason so many tea-things are put out here!" she asked.
  "Yes, that's it," said the Hatter with a sigh: "it's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles."
  "Then you keep moving round, I suppose?" said Alice.
  "Exactly so," said the Hatter: "as the things get used up."
  "But what happens when you come to the beginning again?" Alice ventured to ask.
  "Suppose we change the subject," the March Hare interrupted, yawning. "I'm getting tired of this. I vote thee young lady tells us a story."
  "I'm afraid I don't know one," said Alice, rather alarmed at the proposal.
  "Then the Dormouse shall!" they both cried. "Wake up, Dormouse!" And they pinched it on both sides at once.
  The Dormouse slowly opened its eyes. "I wasn't asleep," it said in a hoarse, feeble voice, "I heard every word you fellows were saying."
  "Tell us a story!" said the March Hare.
  "Yes, please do!" pleaded Alice.
  "And be quick about it," added the Hatter, "or you'll be asleep again before it's done."
  "Once upon a time there were three little sisters," the Dormouse and they lived at the bottom of a well -"
  "What did they live on?" said Alice, who always took a great interest in questions of eating and drinking.
  "They lived on treacle," said the Dormouse, after thinking a minute or two.
  "They couldn't have done that, you know," Alice gently remarked. "They'd have been have ill."
  "So they were," said the Dormouse; "very ill."
  Alice tried a little to fancy to herself what such an extraordinary way of living would be like, but it puzzled her too much: so she went on: "But why did they live at the bottom of a well?"
  "Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
  "I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone: "so I can't take more."
  "You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."
  "Nobody asked your opinion," said Alice.
  "Who's making personal remarks now!" the Hatter asked triumphantly.
  Alice did not quite know what to say to this: so she helped herself to some tea and bread-and-butter, and then turned to the Dormouse, and repeated her question. "Why did they live at the bottom of a well?"
  The Dormouse again took a minute or two to think about it, and then said "It was a treacle-well."
  "There's no such thing!" Alice was beginning very angrily, but the Hatter and the March Hare went "Sh! Sh!" and the Dormouse sulkily remarked "If you can't be civil, you'd better finish the story for yourself."
  "No, please go on!" Alice said very humbly. "I won't interrupt you again. I dare say there may be one."
  "One, indeed!" said the Dormouse indignantly. However, he consented to go on. "And so these three little sisters - they were learning to draw, you know -"
  "What did they draw?" said Alice, quite forgetting her promise.
  "Treacle," said the Dormouse, without considering at all, this time.
  "I want a clean cup," interrupted the Hatter: "let's all move one place on."
  He moved on as he spoke, and the Dormouse followed him: the March Hare moved into the Dormouse's place, and Alice rather unwillingly took the place of the March Hare. The Hatter was the only one who got any advantage from the change; and Alice was a good deal worse off than before, as the March Hare had just upset the milk-jug into his plate.
  Alice did not wish to offend the Dormouse again, so she began very cautiously: "But I don't understand. Where did they draw the treacle from?"
  "You can draw water out of a water-well," said the Hatter; "so I should think you could draw treacle out of a treacle - well - eh, stupid?"
  "But they were in the well," Alice said to the Dormouse, not choosing to notice this last remark.
  "Of course they were," said the Dormouse: "well in."
  This answer so confused poor Alice, that she let the Dormouse go on for some time without interrupting it.
  "They were learning to draw," the Dormouse went on, yawning and rubbing its eyes, for it was getting very sleepy; "and they drew all manner of things - everything that begins with an M -"
  "Why with an M?" said Alice.
  "Why not?" said the March Hare.
  Alice was silent.
  The Dormouse had closed its eyes by this time, and was going off into a doze; but, on being pinched by the Hatter, it woke up again with a little shriek, and went on: "- that begins with an M, such as mouse-traps, and the moon, and memory, and muchness - you know you say things are 'much of a muchness' - did you ever see such a thing as a drawing of a muchness!"
  "Really, now you ask me," said Alice, very much confused, "I don't think -"
  "Then you shouldn't talk," said the Hatter.
  This piece of rudeness was more than Alice could bear: she got up in great disgust, and walked off: the Dormouse fell asleep instantly, and neither of the others took the least notice of her going, though she looked back once or twice, half hoping that they would call after her: the last time she saw them, they were trying to put the Dormouse  into the teapot.
  "At any rate I'll never go there again!" said Alice, as she picked her way through the wood. "It's the stupidest tea-party I ever was at in all my life!"

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:43 am
Feed your head
Feed your head . . .
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:49 am
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/HumiliatingGiantTeapot.jpghttp://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/media/feedback/giantteapot.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 07:05 am
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/SweetLittleKissz/HappyHalloweenkat2222.gif

Yes, and for those tea lovers, here are some recipes to snuggle up with a nice cup of tea. So get that tea ready,http://www.shareasale.com/image/125X125-21.jpgand spice up that tea with something sweet.http://www.yceml.net/0233/10399977-2.gif

Pumpkin Spiced Tea
5 tea bags
5 cups boiling water
5 cups unsweetened apple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Spice Barn Pumpkin Pie Spice

Steep tea bags in boiling water for 8 minutes.  Add juices, sugar, and spice stirring to dissolve ingredients.  Serve with a cinnamon stick to stir.

Pumpkin Tea Bread

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup chopped walnuts

Blend oil and two sugars. Stir in beaten eggs and pumpkin. Sift
dry ingredients together. Add and then stir in nuts. Pour batter
into greased and floured 1 lb. 10 oz. coffee can. Place can in
crock pot. Cover top of can with 6-8 paper towels; place lid on
top. Bake on high 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours. Do not lift cover during
baking.

Pumpkin Macadamia Bars
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups white chocolate chips
2/3 cup chopped Macadamia nuts

Combine flour, spices and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the white chips and the nuts. Spread into a greased 15 1/2x10 1/2 jelly roll pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.

Place remaining white chips in heavy duty plastic bag. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over the bars.

Pumpkin Coffeecake
Ingredients:
2 packages (16 oz.) pound cake mix
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup water
1 3/4 cup solid pack pumpkin
4 eggs
Topping (below)

Combine pound cakes mixes, spice and baking soda in large bowl. Add water, pumpkin and eggs; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Spread half of batter into greased 13x9 inch baking pan; sprinkle with have of topping below. Carefully spread remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven of 50-55 minutes until toothpick comes clean.

Topping:
Combine 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter or margarine with pastry cutter or two knives until crumbly.

Pumpkin Swirl Squares
Ingredients:
16 oz. can pumpkin
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
8 ounces cream cheese, softened

Combine pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups sugar, oil and 2 eggs, mixing until well blended. Combine dry ingredients. Add to pumpkin mixture and blend well. Combine cream cheese with remaining sugar and egg until well blended. Spoon pumpkin mixture into greased and floured 11 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan. Spoon cream cheese over pumpkin batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect. Bake at 350 degree for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares. About 2 dozen.

Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake
Ingredients:
1 package spice cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients, except pecans. Blend well, then beat for 5 minutes. Fold in pecans. Bake in a greased and floured Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and turn out.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 07:15 am
http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/images/teashopic2.jpg

Get your favorite tea set ready, fancyhttp://www.newgenius.com/poetry/tea.jpgor casualhttp://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/f7/de/18_2.JPG

Tea Time Ideas
By Tamera Bastiaans

Special Tea Cup Tea
Have guests bring their favorite tea cup or one with a special story behind it. Take time during the tea to have each person share their special cup or a special tea time memory. This one takes some preparation on the part of the hostess though. If the guests don't regularly drink tea, they will often come with a coffee mug, or won't bring one at all. The hostess should have some of her tea cups available and let the guest pick one they like. If they felt so inclined, the guest could tell why they picked it or just appreciate the stories that others tell.

Nursery Tea
My sister and I loved to have tea with our grandma. She had a wonderful little miniature tea set with plates, knives and forks. We never drank actual tea of course, we just had apple juice or milk with cookies, cinnamon toast, banana slices, and little tarts. It really didn't matter what we had, we just had so much fun playing "tea"! If you are having a nursery tea with children, you must make a point of reading the wonderful book Tea Time with Emma Buttersnap by Lindsey Tate. It is a wonderfully simple tale of little Emma learning the history and wonders of "tea time" from her Aunt Pru. It also has some cute ideas for giving a tea and getting the little ones involved right from the beginning.

Garden/Picnic Tea
The Victorians loved picnics because of the wonderful chance to get away from the formal withdrawing rooms and stiff social demands of high society. Picnics were usually more casual and included games, walks, stories and musical performances. Set up tables in the garden and serve tea. You could even combine this with a hat tea. In the summer, it was quite acceptable to serve sorbet and lemonade at an outside tea!

Color Tea
Apricot/Cream Tea: everything from napkins, table cloths, flowers, to cakes, cookies, scones, jam, and tea is either apricot and cream flavor or color. You could also try lemon/cream, lavender/cream, rose/cream, peaches/cream, strawberries/cream, orange/cream, pumpkin/cream, blueberries/cream.

Shape Theme Tea
Pick a shape and serve everything you can in that shape: hearts, tea pots, Christmas trees, stars, leaves, squares, circles, flowers. Cookie cutters come in so many fun shapes and sizes that there is no limit to the themes. Use them to cut your sandwiches, cookies, cookie bars, and scones. There are even candy molds, cookie molds and cookie presses as well as specialty spring form pans and cake pans.

Mother/Son or Mother/Daughter Tea
I once read an anecdote about a woman and her friends who all had sons. Once a year they would get together and have a mother/son dinner. It was a very formal affair and all dressed appropriately, treated one another with kindness and courtesy (what a wonderful way to enhance "good manners!") and at the end of the meal, each young man would share something, a poem, story, or musical piece. A mother/son or mother/daughter tea would be a wonderful time to bring young people together and to remind them of the everyday courtesies and manners we should bestow on one another in our own families, and to see other young people sharing in the same experience.

Tea Break
Just for the fun of it, why not bring tea to the office or a meeting and have a tea break instead of a coffee break? Pack a basket with sandwiches, scones, cookies and fruit. Don't forget your tea pot and tea! Surprise everyone with a special break from the ordinary!

Cake Tea
Have everyone bring a different cake and display them on different levels on the buffet table.

Cookie Tea
Same idea as the cakes tea, but with cookies.

Hat Tea
Have everyone wear a hat! Why not add gloves for some extra fun (just be sure to remove them before shaking hands, eating or drinking.)

Reason to have Tea (as if we really needed one!)
Birthdays, anniversaries, housewarmings, bridal showers, baby showers, engagement parties, wedding reception, introductions, visitations.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:03 am
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/halloweenqueen1031/drinkingspirtssig.gif

Tea drink recipes

Amaretto Tea recipe
6 oz hot tea
2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 1/2 oz chilled whipped cream

Pour hot tea into a pousse cafe glass, using a spoon in glass to prevent cracking. Add amaretto, but do not stir. Top with chilled whipped cream and serve.

5% (10 proof)
Serve in: Pousse Cafe Glass

Artillery Punch recipe
1 qt strong black tea
1 qt rye whiskey
1 bottle red wine
1 pint Jamaican dark rum
1/2 pint brandy
1 jigger benedictine herbal liqueur
1 pint orange juice
1/2 pint lemon juice

Combine all the ingredients in a large punch bowl with a block of ice. If found too dry, sugar syrup may be added. Decorate with twists of lemon peel.

18% (36 proof)
Serve in: Punch Bowl

Blueberry Tea recipe
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
Orange Pekoe® tea

Mix amaretto and grand marnier in a brandy snifter or glass. Add hot tea to taste.

Serve in: Brandy Snifter

Blueberry Tea #2 recipe
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
1/2 cup blueberry tea

Pour amaretto and grand marnier into a glass. Add hot tea, and serve immediately.

8% (16 proof)

Bourbon Slush recipe
7 cups water
3 cups bourbon whiskey
12 oz frozen lemonade
6 oz frozen orange juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups strong tea

Mix all ingredients a day ahead and place in freezer. When ready to serve, take out of freezer and put desired amount in blender for a second or put in a bowl and mix till it is semi-liquified. Serve in old-fashioned glasses.

7% (14 proof)
Serve in: Old-Fashioned Glass

Brian's Belief recipe
1 1/2 oz anejo rum
1/2 oz dark creme de cacao
1/2 oz lemon juice
2 tsp superfine sugar
4 oz cold tea

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the rum, creme de cacao, lemon juice, and sugar. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass almost filled with ice cubes. Top with the tea and stir well.

10% (20 proof)
Serve in: Highball Glass

Colonial Boy recipe
3/4 oz Irish whiskey
1 dash Angostura® bitters
5 oz hot black tea
1 tsp sugar

Pour whiskey, bitters and tea into a heat-proof cup. Sweeten to taste, and serve.

5% (10 proof)
Serve in: Cup

Cranberry Tea Hot Punch recipe
8 bags tea
4 cups boiling water
2 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
2 cups apple cider
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp ginger
4 cloves

Make strong tea with the teabags and boiling water. Add cranberry juice, apple cider, brown sugar, and spices. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Garnish with orange slices, and serve.

Fireside Tea recipe
1 oz dark rum
5 oz hot black tea
1 lemon wedge
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp sugar

Pour tea into a heat-proof goblet, and sweeten to taste. Add rum, wedge-shaped slice of lemon, and a cinnamon stick. Serve.

6% (12 proof)
Serve in: Wine Goblet

Gunfire recipe
1 cup strong black tea
1 shot Bundaberg® dark rum

Pour one cup of strong black tea, add rum and stir.

4% (8 proof)
Serve in: Coffee Mug

Herbal Flame recipe
5 shots DeKuyper® Hot Damn cinnamon schnapps
tea

Pour hot damn 100 into the bottom of a jar or regular glass. Fill the rest of the glass with sweet tea. Stir with a spoon, straw, or better yet a cinnamon stick and leave it in.

Serve in: Mason Jar

Hot Toddy recipe
1 tbsp honey
3/4 glass tea
2 shots brandy
1 slice lemon

Brew tea and fill a tall glass 3/4 full. Mix in honey. Mix in brandy shots. Add lemon slice and enjoy.

Serve in: Collins Glass

Hot-T recipe
1 oz Cointreau® orange liqueur
5 oz hot black tea
1 tsp sugar

Combine in a heat-proof cup, and sweeten to taste. Add a slice of orange, and serve.

6% (12 proof)

Iced Lemonade Tea recipe
10 cups tea
3/4 cup sugar
6 oz frozen lemonade

Mix the sugar and lemonade together in a large bowl. Pour boiling tea over the top, let cool, and serve.

0% (0 proof)

Indian Tea recipe
1 oz gold rum
3/4 oz amaretto almond liqueur
5 oz hot black tea
1 tsp sugar

Gently simmer tea and peel in a small saucepan for 1 - 2 minutes. Add liquors and pour, with peel, into a cup. Serve.

8% (16 proof)

Kurant Tea recipe
4 cl Absolut® Kurant vodka
Turkish apple tea
1 tsp sugar

Pour absolut kurant into a comfortably big tea-cup. Add hot/very warm apple tea and, if you like, some sugar.

Serve in: Champagne Flute

Masala Chai recipe
2 cups water
3 - 4 tsp tea leaves
1 chunk dried ginger
3 - 4 crushed cardamom pods
3 whole cloves
1 piece cinnamon
1 - 2 whole black peppers
sugar
milk

1. Bring two cups of water to the boil. Add all the ingredients (except milk and sugar) and boil again for about 15 seconds. Let stand for one minute.

2. Warm milk in a pot. Filter the above tea into cups. Add milk and sugar and serve.

Masala Chai #2 recipe
1 1/2 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
8 cardamom pods
8 whole cloves
2/3 cup milk
sugar
3 tsp tea leaves

1. Put water in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

2. Add the milk and sugar and bring to simmer again. Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn off the heat. Sit for 2 minutes.

3. Strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.

Russian Tea recipe
8 cups water
5 bags tea
1 cup sugar
16 oz orange juice
8 oz pineapple juice
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cloves

Make tea in the water, and add rest of ingredients. Simmer for at least half an hour, and serve.

Scotch Toddy recipe
1 shot Scotch whisky
1 tbsp honey
1 bag tea
boiling water

In a standard coffee mug put the scotch, honey and tea bag. Pour boiling hot water to fill mug. Steep for about one or two minutes. Then remove and dispose of tea bag.

Tea Punch recipe
2 parts cold tea
2 parts apple juice
1 part pineapple juice

Combine and serve with ice.

Tea Toddy recipe
1 cup Earl Grey® tea
1 tsp sugar
1 shot Bailey's® Irish cream
1 dash Scotch whisky

Make tea as you usually do. Mix it with the sugar according to taste. Leave room in the cup for a dash of Baileys. Pour the baileys in according to taste, then, if you want, a dash of Whiskey if you want. Not too much though, as the drink won't taste good.

1% (2 proof)

Tea-riffic recipe
6 oz triple sec
6 oz sweet tea
5 ice cubes
2 lemons wedges

Pour in the 6 oz. of triple sec to the sweet tea and add the juice of 2 lemon wedges to it. Leave lemon wedges in drink then add 5 ice cubes. Stir gently.

15% (30 proof)

Texas T recipe
1/3 bottle gold tequila
1/2 gal sweet tea

Make tea add tequila, and shake.

4% (8 proof)
Serve in: Pitcher

Thai Iced Tea recipe
1/4 cup strong Thai tea
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tsp sweetened condensed milk
ice cubes
garnish with mint

Combine Thai tea (i.e., the powder), boiling water, and sweetened condensed milk, stir until blended. Pour into 2 tall glasses filled with ice cubes. Garnish with mint leaves. Makes 2 servings.

Serve in: Collins Glass

Ugandan Ginger Tea recipe
1 cup milk
1/2 - 1 tsp loose black tea leaves
1 tbsp sugar
ginger

Set the milk, tea and sugar to boil. Wash a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger. Pound until flat, where juice should begin to ooze. Add the ginger to the milk-tea mixture when it begins to boil. Reduce the heat, letting it all simmer for 2-3 minutes.

0% (0 proof)

Voodoo Tea recipe
1 shot white rum
1/2 shot Blue Curacao liqueur
tea

Pour rum and curacao into a highball glass. Fill with sweetened tea until black, and serve.

Serve in: Highball Glass
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 12:17 am
The baking, and mixing of drinks is done. Now it's time for a Tea Party Exclamation Lets have a dress up Tea Party Exclamation All are invited Exclamation Men can wear anything they want Exclamation

http://www.tearoselane.com.au/images/1recipes_tea_party.jpgMix your own special brew if you wishhttp://www.teapalace.co.uk/image/press_photo2.jpg

http://www.thebletheringplace.com/images/tea_girls.jpg
0 Replies

tonyf

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:05 am
chai
lapsang souchong (for smokiness and deep flavour)
earl grey for the bergamot
moroccan mint tea
lemon & ginger tea

never drink with milk
have sugar if you must, I don't like any sweetening in tea

Forget Liptons, go for Twinings
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:58 am
Antiques.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/1b/31/00_1.JPG
VINTAGE GLASS & SILVER TEA POT

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/1e/9f/52_1.JPG
William Rogers & Son Silver Tea Set New in Box!

http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/26/87/19_12.JPG
ANTIQUE TEA KETTLE

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/2a/0a/b5_1.JPG
1950's Warming Stand

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_aginders_large_silver3%20132.jpg
Silver Tea Caddy Birmingham 1902

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_aginders_large_Silver%20180.jpg
Siver Art Nouveau Tea Service.

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_achantiques_large_s705_04.jpg
'Britannia' Silver Tea Canister

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_achantiques_large_s822_06.jpg
George III Silver Tea Caddy

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_mplevene_large_ANTIQUE.CADDYSET_300.jpg
George II silver tea caddies

http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/photos/dealer_habeco_large_HMBiof.jpg
QueenAnne style silver teapot
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:46 am
http://www.teamuse.com/images/041001_3.jpg

An Everyday Survival Kit

1- Toothpick

2- Rubber band

3- Band aid

4- Pencil

5- Eraser

6- Chewing gum

7- Mint

8- Candy Kiss

9- Tea bag

Here's why:

Toothpick - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others.

Rubber band - to remind you to be flexible, things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out.

Band aid - to remind you to heal hurt feelings - yours or someone else's.

Pencil - to remind you to list your blessings everyday.

Eraser - to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay.

Chewing gum - to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

Mint - to remind you that you are worth a mint to your family and friends.

Candy kiss - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug every day.

Tea bag - to remind you to relax daily and go over that list of your blessings

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:42 am
You've just reminded me that I've got an old silver tea service that deserves to be shined up.

Maybe after I finish my mug of Lady Grey tea.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:45 am
Sounds yummy! And ehBeth have a great trip!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:00 am
I love all the bergamot tea variations, AE.

Some days it's Earl Grey, others Lady Grey - and then there's the Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey - that is fragrant - and good when you're in the mood for a tea that's really hmmmm, able to carry you away.

I am soooooo looking forward to this vacation, AE.

<are there good NYC tea houses in this thread? I'd better read back, and see if I missed something>
0 Replies