Teany Tea Special
in an effort to get people to relax and enjoy their days more, teany now offers it's own version of 'afternoon tea' which includes:
one pot of the following:
* fine english breakfast
* earl grey creme (teany's house favorite)
* smoky russian caravan
* bancha (japanese green)
* vanilla berry cream (herbal)
two of the following types of tea sandwiches:
* ploughman's (cheddar and branston's pickle)
* cucumber and butter (or margarine (V))
* avocado and cream cheese (or tofu cream cheese (V))
* fresh tomatoes and tangy white bean spread (V)
* peanut butter and chocolate (V)
* veggie ham and cheese
* artichoke and garlic with mixed greens (V)
* smoked tofu with creamy mango spread (V)
choice of scone, with clotted cream and jam
blueberry, cranberry, plain, rasin, or vegan scone of the day (V) OR petit-fours of the day (V)
Yesterday the lady Diane and meself went to St James Tea Room for 'afternoon' tea. The tea served was Assam (good start I thought to meself) and then the usual cucumber sandwich bits as well as pumpkin bread slices with clotted creame followed by a chocolate cup with 3 raspberries. Cost $53. I think tomorrow we will go for BBQ ribs and beer.
It's not all that fancy, they served me. Which I can't say the same for the tea room at Harrods.
Tea for Texas
And tea for Tennessee . . .