Cindy Sheehan Busted In Front Of White House.....

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:54 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
My point is that the word "wacko" was being used to simply dismiss them, and will no doubt be used on a frequent basis by the self interested pro Bush media, to minimise the influence of these demonstrators on the population.

"Oh, I know there are 10,000/50,000/ 3 million of them outside the White house, but they are all wacko's"........what a silly reaction.

If these folks don't want to be labeled "wackos," then I would think they would not allow wackos to represent them and speak for them at these rallies. As it is, they did, and the label is appropriate.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:02 am
Ticomaya wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I heard some snippets of these anti-war folks talking today. What a bunch of moonbats! She didn't have far to fall, but I'm sure she's widely seen now not as a grieving mother, but just another wacko anti-war liberal.

Wishful thinking Tico. You can't possibly believe that. This IS Viet Nam all over again, and people are realizing it. Cindy Sheehan neds to appear at her next protest meeting under a "Mission Accomplished" banner. She is garnering sympathy for the end the war movement.

Coming off her crying in dailykos about not getting enough media time because too much attention was being given to the victims of Katrina and Rita, she is no longer smelling like a rose to her former fans.

According to Cindy, Hurricane Rita was just a bit of "wind and rain". LOL, Tico. Calling her a moonbat is too kind. "Wacko" is definitely accurate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
JustWonders wrote:

According to Cindy, Hurricane Rita was just a bit of "wind and rain". LOL, Tico. Calling her a moonbat is too kind. "Wacko" is definitely accurate.

According to some A2K'ers from that region it was = Wackos.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:10 am
And according to thousands of others in both East Texas and southern Louisiana, it was a bit more than just "wind and rain".

Of course, Cindy was obviously referring to those few A2Kers who dodged the bullet.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:18 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
My point is that the word "wacko" was being used to simply dismiss them, and will no doubt be used on a frequent basis by the self interested pro Bush media, to minimise the influence of these demonstrators on the population.

"Oh, I know there are 10,000/50,000/ 3 million of them outside the White house, but they are all wacko's"........what a silly reaction.

If these folks don't want to be labeled "wackos," then I would think they would not allow wackos to represent them and speak for them at these rallies. As it is, they did, and the label is appropriate.

you mean like having pat robertson represent the christian right? Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:19 am
Or Bush represent the country?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:22 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

If you catch me at a rally where the keynote speaker is Pat Robertson, then you have my permission to call me a "wacko."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:22 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

According to some A2K'ers from that region it was = Wackos.

One former fan at dailykos:

Quote:
"it is 100 percent rita...even though it is a little wind and a little rain"
I'm in Southeast Texas with family on the coast and in Lake Jackson, LA.

I'd like you to tell us it's just a little wind and rain. They've lost their homes, jobs and businesses and gone through fear and panic while you bask in your fan's adulation, party with your celebrity friends and play the star.

Shame on you, you're jealous of media coverage of other's suffering. You've become a caricature and I no longer support you. I'm ashamed I ever did.
LINK
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:24 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I heard some snippets of these anti-war folks talking today. What a bunch of moonbats! She didn't have far to fall, but I'm sure she's widely seen now not as a grieving mother, but just another wacko anti-war liberal.

Wishful thinking Tico. You can't possibly believe that. This IS Viet Nam all over again, and people are realizing it. Cindy Sheehan neds to appear at her next protest meeting under a "Mission Accomplished" banner. She is garnering sympathy for the end the war movement.

Coming off her crying in dailykos about not getting enough media time because too much attention was being given to the victims of Katrina and Rita, she is no longer smelling like a rose to her former fans.

perhaps if our foreign and domestic policies wren't being implemented and run by mouth breathing radical right, left wing wackos would not be necessary to bring balance to the force.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:25 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

If you catch me at a rally where the keynote speaker is Pat Robertson, then you have my permission to call me a "wacko."

Tico, somehow I get the feeling that I would not catch you at any rally unless it was a tailgate party with a keg and some ribs. I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:33 am
Thanks for that link, tico.

I'm sure, you read the other post of this former fan on that board as well (he just posted twice).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:45 am
Quote:
Anti-War, My Foot
The phony peaceniks who protested in Washington.

By Christopher Hitchens
Updated Monday, Sept. 26, 2005, at 11:19 AM PT

Saturday's demonstration in Washington, in favor of immediate withdrawal of coalition forces from Iraq, was the product of an opportunistic alliance between two other very disparate "coalitions." Here is how the New York Times (after a front-page and an inside headline, one of them reading "Speaking Up Against War" and one of them reading "Antiwar Rallies Staged in Washington and Other Cities") described the two constituenciess of the event:
    The protests were largely sponsored by two groups, the Answer Coalition, which embodies a wide range of progressive political objectives, and United for Peace and Justice, which has a more narrow, antiwar focus.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:39 am
You are in effect calling the majoirty of Americans phoney peaceniks because they want the US to pull out and think it was not worth doing in the first place.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/03/iraq.poll/%20-%2049k%20-%20Sep%2025,%202005
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/22/iraq.poll/index.html
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:55 am
revel wrote:
You are in effect calling the majoirty of Americans phoney peaceniks because they want the US to pull out and think it was not worth doing in the first place.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/03/iraq.poll/%20-%2049k%20-%20Sep%2025,%202005
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/22/iraq.poll/index.html

Two main problems with that: (1) It is Christopher Hitchens who is calling people "phoney peaceniks," I'm merely applauding his efforts, and (2) Hitchens is specifically referring to the moonbats attending and promoting the "peace rally" in Washington.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:51 am
Hitchens is a gasbag. The fact that a loose opposition coalition attracts those with widely disparate goals, connected by one common factor, should not be seen as surprising; it's the way the modern Republican coalition was formed, after all...

He merely uses this convienent vehicle to disparage the anti-war movement b/c it's a low, easy target.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:58 am
Quote:
He merely uses this convienent vehicle to disparage the anti-war movement b/c it's a low, easy target.

Agreed.

Quote:
Hitchens is a gasbag.

Double agreed.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:07 am
revel wrote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:
Hitchens is a gasbag.

Double agreed.

Yet, Michael Moore is a hero???

I guess it is a matter of perspective.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:09 am
No, he's a gasbag as well.

Why can't two people both be gasbags, even if they are on the opposite sides of the spectrum?

Moore did more damage to the anti-war movement with his crappy 9/11 movie than anyone else, really.... if he had taken the time to put together a more convincing case (which he could have) then perhaps those on the left would take him a little more seriously.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:14 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
No, he's a gasbag as well.

Why can't two people both be gasbags, even if they are on the opposite sides of the spectrum?

Moore did more damage to the anti-war movement with his crappy 9/11 movie than anyone else, really.... if he had taken the time to put together a more convincing case (which he could have) then perhaps those on the left would take him a little more seriously.

Cycloptichorn

OK..I'll agree with that they are both gas bags.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:23 am
And you must admit that one's a bigger gasbag than the other.
0 Replies