Air America begging me for money,what a hoot!!

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:52 pm
Chrissee wrote:
... Just an example of the challenges Air America faces.

Yes, many challenges ahead.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:02 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
... Just an example of the challenges Air America faces.

Yes, many challenges ahead.

Nifty source there, squire...or is that esquire ?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:04 pm
"Mr. Ticomaya, Esq." would be fine.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:12 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
"Mr. Ticomaya, Esq." would be fine.

Duly noted.

That link is still pretty weak though.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:36 pm
Chrissee wrote:
My favorite though is:

http://quakeradio.com/rotator_images/jeneane_new.jpg

BTW The Quake is celebrating its FIRST birthday. Just an example of the challenges Air America faces.

full quote...now of West Wing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:13 am
Chrissee wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Diane wrote:
I just don't like yellers yelling through the microphone at me. ... I have such a distaste for the right wing radio talk shows that I can't abide hearing it from the left.

exactly. hyping up the facts is unhelpful. especially when the facts speak for themselves. how can i take a hysteric like randi rhodes seriously when she behaves like rush limbaugh in drag ? (uuugh... that's an unattractive mental image.)

Why can't you say she sounds like a female version of Rush Limbaugh? Hysterical? Men always say that about women who speak their mind. Two strikes in one post.

well, i guess you can choose to find a way to be offended if you want. but none was intended.

either way, i said that i think randi rhodes is "a hysteric", not a hysterical woman. i consider james dobson and sean hannity to be hysterics as well.

hysteric is not a gender specific term.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Diane wrote:
I just don't like yellers yelling through the microphone at me. ... I have such a distaste for the right wing radio talk shows that I can't abide hearing it from the left.

exactly. hyping up the facts is unhelpful. especially when the facts speak for themselves. how can i take a hysteric like randi rhodes seriously when she behaves like rush limbaugh in drag ? (uuugh... that's an unattractive mental image.)

Why can't you say she sounds like a female version of Rush Limbaugh? Hysterical? Men always say that about women who speak their mind. Two strikes in one post.

well, i guess you can choose to find a way to be offended if you want. but none was intended.

either way, i said that i think randi rhodes is "a hysteric", not a hysterical woman. i consider james dobson and sean hannity to be hysterics as well.

hysteric is not a gender specific term.

There's no wiggling out of this one, DTOM! You have offended Chrissee, and shall now get your just desserts! Just you wait!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:36 pm
The root of the word hysteric is derived from the Greek word for uterus. It certainly was a gender specific term in the past, and still has this connotation for many now.

This might be the reason for the offense.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:41 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
The root of the word hysteric is derived from the Greek word for uterus. It certainly was a gender specific term in the past, and still has this connotation for many now.

good grief.... <shakes head..>

Quote:

hys·ter·ic (h-strk)
n.
1. A person suffering from hysteria.
2. hysterics (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. A fit of uncontrollable laughing or crying.
b. An attack of hysteria.

adj.
Hysterical.
[From Latin hystericus, hysterical, from Greek husterikos, from huster, womb (from the former idea that disturbances in the womb caused hysteria).]

hm();Sources=Sources | 2;
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

thefreedictionary.com
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:45 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Ahh, that must be it. DTOM, you have offended Chrissee because of your poor choice of word, which -- etymologically speaking -- carries a historically perceived negative connotation ... at least with Chrissee. Please do be careful in the future.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:57 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Ahh, that must be it. DTOM, you have offended Chrissee because of your poor choice of word, which -- etymologically speaking -- carries a historically perceived negative connotation ... at least with Chrissee. Please do be careful in the future.

Embarrassed
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:32 pm
DTOM, don't worry, you still have another strike coming. Smile
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:36 pm
DTOM ,
Wait until the count is two and two before taking another swing.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:12 pm
It's already 2 and 2 from Tico's two outside softballs.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:58 am
ahh, garsh . ahm feelin' all warm an' fuzzy inside, y'all.

:wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:09 am
Quote:
Air America Radio files for Ch. 11
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

October 13, 2006, 10:44 AM EDT

Air America Radio, a liberal talk and news radio network, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, a network official told the AP.

The network had denied rumors just a month ago that it would file for bankruptcy, but on Friday Air America said negotiations with a creditor from the company's early days had broken down.

The network will stay on the air while it resolves issues with its creditors, spokeswoman Jaime Horn told the Associated Press. A formal announcement was expected to be made later Friday.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:44 am
I'm sure they wanted to stick around at least until '08.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 11:18 am
Ticomaya wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

What pound test line do you like to use for your trolling, tico?

Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 11:25 pm
Air America has made some poor business decisions. Progressive talk is here to stay regardless
0 Replies