Air America begging me for money,what a hoot!!

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:59 pm
<Kicky puts his six-guns back in their holster and walks away, smiling...>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
we have just been privileged to witness an A2K "big Dick" contest.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:34 am
And the winner is...Farmerman!
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:38 am
The real winner is the kooky Randi Rhodes.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:30 pm
Yeah, the big dick competition. I just don't like yellers yelling through the microphone at me. I do love passionate belief in what you think is good, but I have such a distaste for the right wing radio talk shows that I can't abide hearing it from the left. The right has passion as well--that doens't always make them admirable.

I do enjoy Al Franken's Oy yo oy routine. He is adorable and smart, but enough comedy routine after five minutes or so, then get to the really good stuff--the interviews.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:49 pm
I have a long time friend, a psychologist who firmly believes in passion as useful in argument. She's interesting, one of the world's quick lip wit people, oddly slow to get interested in things so that I'll find her all enthused about something others - or perhaps I - have by then gotten bored with (I say snottily, and by now I may be the slow one); self educating by reading a lot of serious tomes.

We disagree politically (I put that to her slow side) and about the passion counting in argument. I know it counts in life, I know it counts in beliefs, but it doesn't win my nod in argument - possibly the opposite.
I'm not all so good at dispassion myself, but I don't think passion has a role in reasoning sequence. It has a role in convincing, as a wave flowing over the confused.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:52 pm
Sorry if that post was out of left field, I arrived at the thread late, only read the last eight or so posts.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 11:10 pm
Left field or not, your freind the shrink sounds like and interesting sort. As to passion in argument, well, I'm with you on that, Osso - if one's opponent in an argument succumbs to passion, one generally wins that argument by foreit, as the opponent then typically engages in insult, invective, and logical fallacy, more and more energeticlly the longer and higher the passion is stoked..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 11:13 pm
That's my view, even if I agree with the passion. Took me a bit of time to get to this point though...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
Diane wrote:
I just don't like yellers yelling through the microphone at me. ... I have such a distaste for the right wing radio talk shows that I can't abide hearing it from the left.

exactly. hyping up the facts is unhelpful. especially when the facts speak for themselves. how can i take a hysteric like randi rhodes seriously when she behaves like rush limbaugh in drag ? (uuugh... that's an unattractive mental image.)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:57 pm
Quote:
how can i take a hysteric like randi rhodes seriously when she behaves like rush limbaugh in drag ? (uuugh... that's an unattractive mental image.)

ugggggggh is right...

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/689/rushrehab0mk.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:24 pm
Those legs look familiar...Hillary?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:42 am
Karl Rove Smile
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:12 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Karl Rove Smile

oy,oy,oy !!!

bbbbb...bbbbb-uh-arrrrrrfffffffffffffff!!

Shocked
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Diane wrote:
I just don't like yellers yelling through the microphone at me. ... I have such a distaste for the right wing radio talk shows that I can't abide hearing it from the left.

exactly. hyping up the facts is unhelpful. especially when the facts speak for themselves. how can i take a hysteric like randi rhodes seriously when she behaves like rush limbaugh in drag ? (uuugh... that's an unattractive mental image.)

Why can't you say she sounds like a female version of Rush Limbaugh? Hysterical? Men always say that about women who speak their mind. Two strikes in one post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:56 pm
Emotion from a person of any sexual persuasion or any political view is useful sometimes, especially with crowds, but not all so much with anyone that stands back and thinks.

Using the word hysteria for women, long a ploy, or equivalent words for men just put adjectives to reactive behaviour.

It is all gas to me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:03 pm
I've never been prone to hysterectomizing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:14 pm
Chrissee wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Diane wrote:

Why can't you say she sounds like a female version of Rush Limbaugh? Hysterical? Men always say that about women who speak their mind. Two strikes in one post.

Ooooh, now you're in trouble ...

And you best listen too, DTOM ... Chrissee has a mean left hook. Laughing
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:19 pm
Talk radio is showbiz. It is not C-span. In Randi's case, she really means what she says, from what I understand she is the most popular host on the Quake here in San Francisco. But she is an acquired taste.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:22 pm
My favorite though is:

http://quakeradio.com/rotator_images/jeneane_new.jpg

BTW The Quake is celebrating its FIRST birthday. Just an example of the challenges Air America faces.
0 Replies