Who is the worst actress ever?

Roberta

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:12 pm
Andy, The Seven Year Itch was made before Some Like It Hot.

There's no question that MM was the perfect fit for some parts. But that was because of who she was, not what she was able to do as an actress.

When I saw the title of this thread, I sifted through my fast-aging brain for bad actresses, and Monroe popped into my head. No question she had something, but acting talent wasn't it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:19 pm
Roberta wrote:
Andy, The Seven Year Itch was made before Some Like It Hot.
There's no question that MM was the perfect fit for some parts. But that was because of who she was, not what she was able to do as an actress.

When I saw the title of this thread, I sifted through my fast-aging brain for bad actresses, and Monroe popped into my head. No question she had something, but acting talent wasn't it.

Embarrassed Okay, then it's the other way around. Both were directed by Wilder. Embarrassed

You understand, Roberta, that I basically agree with you. As an actress Monroe was a great calendar girl. But there are some people who are so photogenic that they simply exhude a certain quality which the camera picks up. They need to be before a camera because sometimes that quality doesn't come across in person at all. I don't think Marilyn could ever have made an impression on stage. The camera was essential to her particular aura.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:38 pm
Kim Bassinger was awesome when she was doing beaver shots for the camera. But as a "serious" actress she sucks.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 12:47 am
So Andy, querido, if we agree, why are we arguing? MM--stinko actress, perfect fit in some parts. N'est pas?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
Though she is one of the best actresses in the world, I could not see Meryl Streep doing Some like it Hot. She would have bombed.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 10:27 am
Marilyn was born for that role. And vice versa I suspect.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
Roberta wrote:
So Andy, querido, if we agree, why are we arguing? MM--stinko actress, perfect fit in some parts. N'est pas?

D'accord, cheri.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 11:04 pm
Roberta, you better keep your hands off Paul, and I'll throw Warren Beatty into the mix as well. You don't get dibs because I mentioned him first. Warren is no Paul, but he rings my bell.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 12:17 am
Glitter, You want Warren? He's yours. As for Paul, I'll fight. Ten rounds, the three knockdown rule does NOT apply.

I met Paul Newman once. Do I get points for that?

Andy, Smile
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 12:21 am
Well it's on about Paul, I'm, not giving up without a fight.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:06 am
Glitter, If you're willing to take on an aging and infirm person, you're on. I may be past my prime, but I bite.

Just one minor obstacle. Does the name Joanne Woodward ring any bells?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:31 am
Meg Ryan.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:42 am
Funny you should mention Warren Beatty. Last week, I saw an interview with Leslie Caron. When I looked at her, I realized that she had been one of the various and sundry "inamoratas" of Warren Beatty. Just seeing her (she is still quite lovely, but an old lady, nevertheless) I realized how time had flown.

It took a gorgeous, young (relatively) gal like Annette Bening to tame that old lech, Beatty!
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:15 pm
On the Travel Section of the newspaper, I read now that she, Leslie Caron, is an innkeeper of an exclusive inn she renovated.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 08:12 am
Kirsten Dunst.
0 Replies

peter louis

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:06 pm
ziyi zhang-------a actress from china,i think she is not match to my style in movies,she always gives us a distance feellings,and without any humors and smiles,maybe it is never worse than that....
0 Replies

bluzcruz

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:24 pm
Worst actress ever
I'd have to go with Elizabeth Berkeley, especially in "Showgirls". I should know because I worked on that movie. Her bad acting seemed to have permeated into the performances of all the other actors around her permanently staining their careers also. I've seen her only sparingly since(It's a wonder she evens gets offers at all) and she hasn't done anything to contradict her rep as just another spoiled ex-teen actor who never took the time to seriously learn her craft. BLECCCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
Thanks, bluzcruz! I really felt your disgust with her in that post. Much appreciated.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 04:15 pm
She played the perfect no-acting poptart (only on screen for a few moments) in "The First Wives Club".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 08:09 am
That chick who played Alan's girlfriend in last night's installment of Two and a Half Men.

But she had a nice butt.
0 Replies