Who is the worst actress ever?

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 07:55 pm
For sheer lack of anything even remotely resembling acting ability it's hard to beat the late Dorothy Lamour.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:00 pm
Chances that we'll have heard of the worst actress ever are rather minute, no?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:11 pm
eoe wrote:
Charlene Tilton. She played JR's young niece, Lucy, on "Dallas." She did that role for close to ten years and it was amazing how she just never got any better at it. Her acting was as bad on the last episode she appeared in as it was on the first.

that reminds me of howard stern talking about the olsen twins, having three daughters he used to talk about having to watch all the movies those kids made, and he said the same thing, after 15 years of acting, you'd have thought they would have learned something
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:18 pm
A lonnnng time ago, an actress that was made fun of in a movie I saw five times in a theater in east Beverly Hills - movie being Song Without End, all about Franz Lizst, quite the romantic film and I was nineteen, pianist being Jorge Bolet - was named Capucine. No doubt not her real name. I didn't mind; she was probably mouthing english words. Dirk Bogarde played Lizst, much to my enjoyment. The score was fabulous to me then. Maybe even now. Bolet is a fine pianist. (Or I understand so.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:54 pm
Oh yeah. Capucine was pretty bad. I remember her in "North to Alaska" with John Wayne and fellow thespian Fabian. Actually that movie is a guilty pleasure of mine. My mother loved it and we'd watch it together every time it came on tv.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:22 pm
I didn't have any real music education, a couple of short courses total in my first college and later at a university, class given at 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon, in a cushy room, time for a nap. And I walked into those as a true dummy, even though I'd taken piano lessons (Sister Edwardine, at the convent) and been around at the beginnings of rock and roll. My family didn't listen to music. So... I was fodder for a romantic film about music. Probably still am.

Bogarde, on the other hand, I thought well of.

Eoe, I'm amazed anyone would recognize who I was talking about!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:37 pm
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1762/capucinelz0.png

Capucine

Does anyone else see Uma Thurmond? Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:41 pm
Well, me...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:43 pm
Well, me...

I'm remembering she had a nice (sorry for that word, but it fits) voice.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:44 pm
Isn't that amazing? Until this photo, I never picked up on a resemblance between those two women at all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:44 pm
Beg pardon for well, me-ing twice,

Franz.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
Of course, this brings up John Wayne...

(howling laughing)
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:53 pm
I vote for Jennifer Lopez as the worst actress ever..or maybe it was that movie - "Wedding planner".ewwwww....
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 10:05 pm
Many of the worst have been covered.

Anna Nicole
J Lo
Madonna

I'll add Rosie O'D...mainly for the voice.

and....Lord forgive me for saying this....Elvis.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 10:10 pm
Well, Elvis was back in Capucine's era.... though, heh, different movies.

John Wayne was a walking kumquat. I know, I know, an icon. Plus, he didn't qualify as an actress.

Tammy... oh, yes, Debbie Reynolds.

(Not to get into pathetic hollywood of the fifties..)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 03:53 am
This is off-topic, of course, but . . .I think that, because of his deplorable right-wing political stance, John Wayne has been vastly underrated as an actor. If you look at some of his movie roles objectively, forgetting for the moment who the guy is off-screen, I think you'll find he had quite a bit of acting ability. Some of his movies -- not all -- were dreadful, but Wayne himself performed quite credibly.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:08 am
Yeah...he was outstanding as Genghis Khan.Laughing

Actually, I don't think JLo is as bad an actress as many seem to think here. I thought she was quite credible (a pleasant surprise!) as the maid in Manhattan and did very well as the dance instructor in that movie with Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon.

Debbie Reynolds??? Come on. She was a fine actress, IMO.

Sandra Dee was pretty bad. "A Summer Place" was a hoot.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:34 pm
Debbie Reynolds was one of the few good actresses of that era. She totally sparkled in Singin' in the Rain with Gene Kellyand Donald O'Connor.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 06:04 pm
I cannot believe someone (I've forgotten who already) has stated Madonna as a bad actress. I simply cannot believe it. Why that woman has not won an oscar is beyond me. Beyond me I tell you!
Tell you who is an awful actress, that bloody woman in the sensodyne (spelling?) toothpaste ad... good god.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:32 pm
A recent (sort of) movie that Debbie Reynolds was just delightful in was "Mother." I love that movie!
0 Replies