Who is the worst actress ever?

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:57 am
Rock had some good leading roles and was more than adequate in the roles. There was "Giant," even getting upstaged by a certain other legendary actor and "Seconds" where he really did have to come to the fray. Comedies rarely show off an actors ability in the way we preceived as acting -- the actors appear to be fooling around and flaunting their own personality. In person, Rock was jovial and fun even after the beginning of the battle with AIDS. Early on, when Rock Hudson walked in a room, one was just stunned by his handsomeness -- he was even more impressive in person.

The quip that Rock was an "actress" is a misnomer -- he might have been softly masculine but he was definitely masculine.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:00 am
I was going to mention that. Rock Hudson may have been a queen but he was a dazzling one. A big, fine hunk of a man.
I preferred him in the comedies. His seemed more adept, less wooden than in the dramatic roles.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:15 am
The early films with Rock playing an American Indian were B movies to begin with. I think he matured after "Seconds" and it showed even in his TV outings.

I will never forget being invited to a party in the Hollywood Hills he was attending. I walked into the room and momentarily lost by breating skills. He was taller than he even appears in the movies and his craggy handsomeness was offset by a cherubic smile that just melted anyone, men or women. His eyes actually did twinkle with the smile.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:12 am
BBB
Who is the worst actress ever?

Ann Coulter.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
glitterbag wrote:
Looks like everyone forgot Vanna White's debut as an actress. Pee U, she stunk. She was so bad you couldn't even laugh, it was painful.

Was that on "Married with Children" when Al's fantasy came true but everything went wrong? All I saw was Vanna in a see through Teddy and holy crap was she built like a dream. Acting? Who cares???
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 12:21 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I think he matured after "Seconds" and it showed even in his TV outings.

Rock Hudson was from the Chicago area. He told a local reporter that "Seconds" was the performance he was most proud of (even more than "Giant").
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:53 pm
Holy Crap, it was just a joke. I always liked Rock Hudson, what couldn't you like. Giant was his best film, the ones with Doris Day were good in their time, but a little too cute for me. I know he is not an actress, I apologize to anyone who was offended.

As far as Vanna White, she debuted in a film (possible TV movie) and her role was something of a Greek or Roman Goddess. She was so wooden you felt sorry for her. The critics harped on her performance for a long time and she was fodder for late night comics.

I vote with whoever suggested Ann Coulter.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:50 pm
No one has yet mentioned Angelina Jolie? Shocked

It's like she just shows up, pouts, and gives 'tute and figures that means she is acting.

Remember 'Girl Interrupted'? She practically is that role and yet she was not convincing. thumbs down!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:22 pm
glitterbag wrote:
Holy Crap, it was just a joke. I always liked Rock Hudson, what couldn't you like. Giant was his best film, the ones with Doris Day were good in their time, but a little too cute for me. I know he is not an actress, I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Another joke? Surely you don't think we were offended by anything you may have said about Rock Hudson, do you?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:24 pm
I've gotten into trouble for less, but that was a different site. You're right, mea culpa.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:08 pm
I read in those movie magazines that hewas 6'4" but actually he was 6'6".
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:10 pm
Shoot I meant Rock Hudson was 6'6".
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:21 pm
I checked in IMDB and it says Rock is 6'4".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:00 am
He was 6'4" and there was no offense to any joke including Rock Hudson in a thread on actresses -- he's just not on my list of worst actors 'cause there are enough bad actors to fill up a list before one would ever get to Hudson. His first films were plagued with bad scripts and miscasting. Rock had become a genuine film personality by the time of the Doris Day films and I've seen those several times -- they are great comedies for their time and considering Rock was decidedly not bi-sexual but gay meant he had to be doing something to act the role of the masculine beefcake ladykiller, albeit one with a sensitive side.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:00 pm
Yes, I enjoyed the Rock Hudson and Doris Day comedies but too young to understand musculinity-femininity stuff.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:13 pm
And I cut my teeth on them. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:34 pm
Capucine & Audrey Hepburnwere friends. Here is her biography from IMDB:

Biography for
Capucine

Birth name
Germaine Lefebvre
Nickname
Cap
Cappy
Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)
Mini biography

With classic patrician features and an independent, non-conformist personality, Capucine began her film debut in 1949 at the age of 16 with an appearance in the film Rendez-vous de juillet (1949). She attended school in France and received a BA degree in foreign languages. Married for seven months in her late teens, she never remarried. In 1957, she was discovered by director Charles K. Feldman while working as a high fashion model for Givenchy in Paris, and brought to Hollywood to study acting under Gregory Ratoff. She was put under contract by Columbia studios in 1958, and had her first leading part in the movie, Song Without End (1960). She made 6 more major movies in the early to middle 1960s, two of which (The Lion (1962) and The 7th Dawn (1964)) starred William Holden, with whom she had a two year affair. Moving from Hollywood to a penthouse apartment in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1962, she continued making movies, mostly in Europe, until her suicide in 1990.
IMDb mini-biography by
Anonymous
Spouse
Pierre Trabaud (1950 - 1950) (divorced)
Trivia

According to rumor, Capucine was remembered in the wills of actors William Holden (to the tune of $50,000) and Peter Sellers, as well as that of Fox kingpin Darryl F. Zanuck.

Capucine was a longtime friend of Audrey Hepburn, the two having met while modelling in Paris in the late forties. A manic depressive, Capucine's life had on several occasions been saved by her friend (both women lived at the time in Switzerland) after repeated suicide attempts.

When she committed suicide in March 1990 at the age of fifty-nine, her obituary in the New York Times stated that her only known survivors were her three cats.

Died in Lausanne, Switzerland after jumping from her eighth-story apartment window.

Capucine, her name adopted during her modeling career, is French for the flower nasturtium, and is pronounced Cap-ooh-seen.

Nickname to close friends was "Cap".

Had a relationship with the actor, William Holden

Capucine was a witness to the 1969 wedding of longtime friend Audrey Hepburn to Dr.Andrea Dotti in Lausanne, Switzerland, where she lived for many years until her death.

Capucine was considered one of the great beauties of Europe.

A former model, Capucine, born in Saumur, France, hails from the same small town on the Loire as one of her famous patrons, Coco Chanel.

At 18, Capucine met her spouse on the set of the 1949 film, Rendez-vous de juillet (1949) (her first screen appearance), and married him the following year. The marriage lasted six months.
Personal quotes

"The camera has a love affair with her face." [Director George Cukor]

"Men spoil women in America. A woman needs to know that the man is her master." Capucine.

"Every time I get in front of a camera, I think of it as an attractive man I am meeting for the first time. I find him demanding and aloof - so I must do all in my power to interest him." Capucine.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 09:03 pm
I remember her from the old Pink Panther movies, she was an elegant beauty, as was Audrey Hepburn and Katherine Hepburn, and Sofia Loren who is happily still with us.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 09:38 pm
I'd still do Sophia. She's still hot.

The worst actress of all time was that blond chick who played that Lietenant on Star Trek TNG. They killed her after the first or second season.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 09:42 pm
Nick, the good news is that Sophia would do you, if you are Italian. If I was a guy, I'd swear I was Italian. But since I'm nt a guy, I would love to do Paul Newman or Pauly Short, whoever can clear their calender first.
0 Replies