Bush asks for divine intervention to aid New Orleans

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:37 am
Baldimo wrote:
nimh wrote:
Oh this is just silly Chrissee cs. Of course a believer is going to call on the help of his God when faced with a tough or tragic situation. Kind of in the nature of being religious, isnt it. <shrugs>

Then again, also funny how folks like Brandon or Baldimo seem to purposefully seek an argument with the lowest common denominator, and then use the result to make blanket statements about how all of those on the other side ("the A2K liberals", in this case) are of such low level. Well, if you want good debate with A2K leftwingers, you can find it here too. But it seems to me that sort seeks out sort. To find confirmation of their preconceptions, I'm guessing.

I was asking for proof of a comment made by the author of the thread. I can't help it that he doesn't want to provide proof of his own comment.

Are you asking for Bush to comment? I am confused because the author of the thread and the author of the story are women. Maybe you are confused. Strike that. You are confused. Very.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:38 am
Well at least one thing you can say ms. buns....we're all working together under the leadership of junior, putting aside our petty differences for the good of all and the democratization of the world.... oh, and for Haliburtons bottom line :wink:
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:42 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I can't get this to play.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:43 am
To the believers. Could it be that the hurricane is divine intervention or possibly divine retribution for the actions of Bush. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:44 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
How does anyone (with a modicum of rationality), respond, to the inane commentary of folks like Blue Veined (nee Bi-po), Chrisee and Gustavo...?

I apologize for previously taking their nonsensical spew has worthy of response. I shall not make the, hubristic, response again.

fin takes his ball and runs home whining. Whaaaaaaaaa!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
englishmajor wrote:
... basketball began in CANADA ...

Excuse me?

Basketball was invented in 1891 at the YMCA Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts, by Dr. James Naismith, a Canadian, who became the first Basketball Coach of the University of Kansas, and the only one with a losing record. He died in Lawrence, Kansas, in 1939.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:47 am
au1929 wrote:
To the believers. Could it be that the hurricane is divine intervention or possibly divine retribution for the actions of Bush. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It's that Jeff Gannon I tell you. Imagine a homosexual with a press pass. God will not stand for this.....
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:52 am
So who in the White House was Gannon-Guckert servicing? Janeane Garafolo says it was Karly boy. Or maybe Scottie boy.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:54 am
Ticomaya wrote:
englishmajor wrote:
... basketball began in CANADA ...

Excuse me?

Basketball was invented in 1891 at the YMCA Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts, by Dr. James Naismith, a Canadian, who became the first Basketball Coach of the University of Kansas, and the only one with a losing record. He died in Lawrence, Kansas, in 1939.

Jeez, I am glad that Tike cleared that up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:55 am
Chrissee wrote:
So who in the White House was Gannon-Guckert servicing? Janeane Garafolo says it was Karly boy. Or maybe Scottie boy.

That is purely speculation, and has no place here at A2K. Where are your footnotes and links? Laughing
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:01 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

That is purely speculation, and has no place here at A2K. Where are your footnotes and links? Laughing

One wonders why a male prostitute was given clearance for the WH press corps. Of course, it he might be Ken Mehlman too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:04 am
Meanwhile, bloody Rita is upgraded to Category 4.

I'M almost ready to pray.....
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
dlowan wrote:
Meanwhile, bloody Rita is upgraded to Category 4.

I'M almost ready to pray.....

It is Divine Retribution for Republican sins. Can anyone imagine if the God of Pat Robertson really did exist? He would really be pissed at what Bush has done in His name.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:08 am
Personally, I think it is a weather phenomenon, due to various factors in the earth's energy balance.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:48 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Heh.

You had me going there, gus. For a sec I thought that was a real newscast ... but then I realized it was just someone reading the funnies.

You didn't immediately realize it was an opinion piece? Odd.

I listen to Pap and RFK, Jr frequently on the weekend. They are good but Laura Flanders rocks AA on the weekend.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:57 am
Chrissee wrote:

I don't believe you have the capacity to determine whether something is odd or not.
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:12 am
Well if it was for Southern Decadence Katrina never would of hit New Orleans lol. I hear Bush and Pat Robertson are praying for a hurricane to hit San Francisco, they have already named her "Miss Thing"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
Robertson doesn't have time to pray for a hurricane; he's too busy plotting the assassination of Hugo Chavez.

Or maybe he's killing two birds with one stone by praying for the hurricane to get Chavez on the way in?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:42 pm
I Believe bush actually has called for divine intervention.

"Jesus Christ!!!! How do we repair this f*ck up?"
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 10:52 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

I don't believe you have the capacity to determine whether something is odd or not.

Whereas, in your case, you just can't fill the capacity. LOL
0 Replies