Bush asks for divine intervention to aid New Orleans

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 06:07 pm
heh heh
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 06:11 pm
nimh wrote:
Oh this is just silly Chrissee cs. Of course a believer is going to call on the help of his God when faced with a tough or tragic situation. Kind of in the nature of being religious, isnt it. <shrugs>

Then again, also funny how folks like Brandon or Baldimo seem to purposefully seek an argument with the lowest common denominator, and then use the result to make blanket statements about how all of those on the other side ("the A2K liberals", in this case) are of such low level. Well, if you want good debate with A2K leftwingers, you can find it here too. But it seems to me that sort seeks out sort. To find confirmation of their preconceptions, I'm guessing.

I was asking for proof of a comment made by the author of the thread. I can't help it that he doesn't want to provide proof of his own comment. I haven't made any blanket statements here that weren't directed at those who have lacked any type of truthful response. You should talk to your fellow debaters about why they refuse to back up comments they make and instead side step the issue at hand. I looking for answers they know they can't provide.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 06:31 pm
Amigo wrote:
Google 'failure' and search 'I'm feeling lucky'

You're acting like a child with a new toy, you know that right?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 07:16 pm
Everybody just calm down!

Let's just listen to the radio and cool off a bit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:54 pm
Heh.

You had me going there, gus. For a sec I thought that was a real newscast ... but then I realized it was just someone reading the funnies.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:09 pm
How does anyone (with a modicum of rationality), respond, to the inane commentary of folks like Blue Veined (nee Bi-po), Chrisee and Gustavo...?

I apologize for previously taking their nonsensical spew has worthy of response. I shall not make the, hubristic, response again.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 10:29 pm
If I may just join in this discussion as a newbie.......I think that as a so-called Christian, Bush should know about at least one of the Ten Commandments "thou shalt not kill"? But it's ok if he has guys do that in his name, for oil? As long as he doesn't pull the trigger, it's not murder? Lots of things have been done in the name of God. The Muslims think Allah is on their side, too. Bush is incapable of caring about anyone but himself, he has no empathy. His comment when he was in New Orleans was to joke with media and reminisce about his partying days there. Pretty sick person. If he's Christian then Christianity is in a lot of trouble. I see no difference between what the Muslims are doing and what the Christians are doing. Remember the Crusades? Christians, again.....so, who would Jesus bomb, as someone's tagline says?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 11:31 pm
If there is or was a god, he lives in all of us. I think that's what Bush means. Get off your lazy fat ass and help somebody.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 11:49 pm
Yes, you're right. Bush absolutely should get off his fat lazy ass and help somebody! What have YOU done lately? Too much play and not enough work. Being dyslexic I guess he got that one wrong, too.

Glad you know what's in Bush's brain. I shudder to even try to imagine what lurks in those dim regions.....

Do you think he'll believe in global warming, now? Even if God tells him to?
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 11:55 pm
Hey, fellow Canucks, didya notice the glaring omission from Bush's speech about help from Canada? About what I expected from the bozo.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:02 am
Yep, another genius Canadian. Just what A2K needs... Wink

How do you cope with brain freeze?

And BTW, as an english major, you'll likely wind up working with dyslexics. I'll make sure they read your post.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:28 am
No need to be jealous, now..altho we understand if you Americans are!
Just because we've got good national medical care.
A national budget surplus.
A PM (President) who is bilingual rather than barely literate.
Respected around the planet for peacekeepers,rather than despised as warmongers.
We don't live in fear, or need Star Wars or your joke Homeland Security to protect us.
Geniuses? You bet: Abraham Gesner, invented the process for making kerosene and started the petrochemical industry; John Patch invented a screw propeller for paddlewheels; Casgrain devised the 1st snowmobile;hockey, of course, started in Canada, basketball began in CANADA, & Winnie the Poo stories. Not to mention countless "hollywood" stars who are Canadian (Pam Anderson, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Jim Carey, Neil Young, etc). There isn't room here, of course, to list all of Canada's 400 years of achievements, but before you bad mouth a country you should do some research. Or shut up, because you don't sound like a genius.

How do you, and your country in general, cope with braindead? Ever been to Canada? I doubt it. But, hey, you're the expert about a country that America knows nothing about, except to try to steal our resources. Can you name our provinces and territories? Didn't think so. Yanks ain't known for geography.
You guys better hope we don't get really pissed off and turn off the water supply. Then you won't have any electricity to watch CNN & Fox plus you'll freeze your asses off. If anybody has a problem with Canadians posting on your Able2know, better let me know! Perhaps you'd prefer the one-sided narrow minded viewpoints of your citizenry?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:41 am
"Pam Anderson, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Jim Carey, Neil Young, etc."

Is that a police lineup?

Shut off the water - right. Is the Canadian navy going to assume sovereignity over the Great Lakes? Being a bit knowledgeable on those five bodies of water, I can pretty much assure you, that isn't gonna happen, and if it did, the lakes would just have a few more wrecks to explore.

And yes, I have been to Canada, though I wouldn't go there for health care. I've met many Canadian expatriots who bailed on the system to get help in the U.S. Why wait three years for a knee or hip replacement when you can simply pay for one and get it done now?

Canada's a beautiful place, as long as you don't notice the ugly euro-trash and the unions that accompany them.

Hope you hid your firearms before your beloved goverment took them away from you.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 06:22 am
Baldimo wrote
Quote:

Besides what does someone who condemns religion know of how it works?

Please tell me how does religion work? Does it stop wars, calamities, floods, earthquakes, does it foster understanding or for that matter do any good? Tell me I am listening.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 06:41 am
Baldimo wrote:
I was asking for proof of a comment made by the author of the thread. I can't help it that he doesn't want to provide proof of his own comment.

No, but you can help going after a lost case. Whats the point? What news do you think you'll prove by showing that Chrissee wont back up bold statements with specific proof?

Baldimo wrote:
I haven't made any blanket statements here

No, Brandon did - he turned it into how this is just how "the A2K liberals" do things.

Yeah, and next time I'll turn on Gungasnake and conclude from his reactions that "the A2K conservatives" are unreasonable. Whatever.

Baldimo wrote:
I looking for answers they know they can't provide.

You're looking for answers even they know they can't provide. Kind of summarises the pointlessness of the debate, doesnt it? Is it just about scoring points against the other side then? And what do you think you'd prove about the other side by showing that posters like Chrissee or Bear wont supply scrupulous specifics on sources?

Guess every forum needs its sandbox, or something.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:03 am
I guess I never realized, until I read this thread, that cjhsa had such passion.

A pity it's being wasted on the wrong side.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:32 am
nimh wrote:
[quote=" And what do you think you'd prove about the other side by showing that posters like Chrissee or Bear wont supply scrupulous specifics on sources?.

If we are now at the point where everyone's little joke has to contain footnotes and proof of authenticity, please state it in the TOS. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:34 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
How does anyone (with a modicum of rationality), respond, to the inane commentary of folks like Blue Veined (nee Bi-po), Chrisee and Gustavo...?

I apologize for previously taking their nonsensical spew has worthy of response. I shall not make the, hubristic, response again.

So then, from this little internet punch up comes some good news.

Lemonade from lemons, that's the spirit. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:36 am
Er, why are everyone's panties in a bunch about whether Bush did, or didn't, pray for something to do with Katrina?

Seems a harmless enough thing to do, and not a travesty like thinking god is on your side as you kill people and such.

Or was he said to be doing this in hopes he could save money cos a loaves and fishes thing was supposed to happen?

I just don't get this one....

Nor how Canada's health system got involved...I guess you had to be there..LOL!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 07:36 am
englishmajor wrote:
Yes, you're right. Bush absolutely should get off his fat lazy ass and help somebody! What have YOU done lately? Too much play and not enough work. Being dyslexic I guess he got that one wrong, too.

Glad you know what's in Bush's brain. I shudder to even try to imagine what lurks in those dim regions.....

Do you think he'll believe in global warming, now? Even if God tells him to?

Leave cjhsa alone. He and his Unca Ted will come to Canada and kill all your wildlife with nothing but a bow and a bucknife and feed all the hurricane victims. Cool
0 Replies