Under God With Liberty

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:48 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Rex wrote:

Quote:
The devil told Jesus he would offer him the "kingdoms" of the world if he would but bow down and worship him. Why would the devil promise something he did not have control of?

Yeah, Questioner...do you think the Satan of the fairytale would lie or something????

Do you think he needed to lie to the Christ and God would not tell Jesus considering Jesus who spoke with his father often? Jesus was filled with the holy spirit too that came in the form of a dove at his baptism... Do you think that Jesus would not then have proclaimed that the devil did not have this power to bargain with? Ask Job if the devil had power...

Why would Jesus have accused him of tempting him if there was no real power with which to tempt? Also why would Jesus have to go into hell and "war" with the devil if the devil was powerless and not a ruler of darkness? The Bible said the devil showed him the kingdoms of the world... What changed the devils form/image from a snake to a prince? And Frank for someone who claims one cannot know God you make accusations as if you are sure about the Bible being a fairytale. You don't seem perceptive enough to see the wisdom and learning that the book ultimately teaches.

When Jesus went into hell he was a man waring against a God... He was not fighting for his own soul... he was fighting for ours... Now the only power the devil has is the power we give him through our own disbelief and ignorance... The only power that the devil has, if we let him, is the power to steal the word, kill the live love walk and destroy the hope of glory.

Enough with this fairytale. Let's go on to the one with the seven dwarves. I think that one had a lot more reality to it.

Frank you think by calling God's Word a fairy tale it makes it so. Just like liberals that think if God is removed from the pledge that people will suddenly no longer believe. You think because you can turn off your faith like a light swithch that the devil does not lurk in the darkness and prey on "foolish" people? You should realize that Walt Disney was a christain and the wicked witch with the "apple" was only a "mirror" image of the same "biblical" story that has outsold every book ever written and been out read by very book ever read. Yet you are going to stand and tell all of these people who believe now and have gone before us that they are wrong? You are not even one percent of one percent... Wake up... Your blindness is the only never never land I see here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:51 am
edgarblythe wrote:
This thread is just too far in la la land for me.

Is it over your head or are you just raised on junk for brain food? Now look who is not relating to the topic. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:39 am
RexRed wrote:

Frank you think by calling God's Word a fairy tale it makes it so. Just like liberals that think if God is removed from the pledge that people will suddenly no longer believe. You think because you can turn off your faith like a light swithch that the devil does not lurk in the darkness and prey on "foolish" people? You should realize that Walt Disney was a christain and the wicked witch with the "apple" was only a "mirror" image of the same "biblical" story that has outsold every book ever written and been out read by very book ever read. Yet you are going to stand and tell all of these people who believe now and have gone before us that they are wrong? You are not even one percent of one percent... Wake up... Your blindness is the only never never land I see here.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:05 am
RexRed wrote:
. . . Just like liberals that think if God is removed from the pledge that people will suddenly no longer believe. . . .

No one--not even the liberals--are trying to take away your right to believe what you want in accordance with your own conscience. However, you are not respecting the right of others who don't share your beliefs. The official pledge of allegiance to OUR flag and OUR country is dictated by law. The objection stems from YOU imposing YOUR religious beliefs on others through the operation of our laws. That type of imposition is inimical to liberty which makes the pledge a hypocritical FARCE. Where is the liberty and justice for all?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:16 am
Questioner wrote:
Yeah I give up.

Although, I'm unwilling to drop the case without a parting shot, Rex, I fail to see how your opinionated interpretation of the bible makes me "wrong". I've quoted scriptures debunking your Job statement, I've quoted scriptures questioning your insistance of dual - rulership (although after reading some of your responses perhaps we have slightly different views on what constitutes dual - rulerships) and i've even espoused some of the dogma that I happen to know for a fact that most Christian denominations believe having experienced them for myself for numerous years.

After reading your last rebuttle, all I can say is hold firm to what you believe, and pray to whatever dual-god is listening that you're correct.

I believe in a dual rulership but I do not believe both Gods are "true" thus one is a false God and one is a true God. Yet without spiritual "fullness" we can and do err in our perceptions. Yes, you have aptly quoted scriptures but I have related to a wealth more of them. You are quoting from a "religious" standpoint. You are quoting vague isolated scriptures and I am quoting very plain scriptures and linking them. Then you infer that the scriptures I use are figures of speech?

They are very plain figures where you take every word of the OT as literally from the true God. So are you saying we should be stoning people to death for wearing clothing that is too colorful (leviticus) and we should be living by such great law that no one shall ever enter into the holy of holies?

You seem to only want to prove that God is such a barbarian so you can excuse yourself from faith... Do you not even see your own folly? Do you not see that in rescuing God from the OT that you yourself become justified in the true GOD'S image? We are not to just confess ourselves from sin because the Bible says we are all DEAD in sins. What works can a DEAD person do? But we are to confess the savior from sin... It is in this that we become holy not by our own self righteous works.

It is our grace toward God that brings our own grace. This is how we receive our heavenly gift. We are not to confess ourselves "above" God with self pride but "under" a "true" God and "seek" the righteousness of that God with "meekness" and humility of spirit/mind/heart. When God becomes "righteous" in our understanding and true then we stand in the image of this same righteousness and we stand on truth not "religion".

We need to raise God out of our "own" legalistic "image" of LAW and in "liberty" find grace and mercy toward God's as a more perfect image. In doing so we are "clothed" with this same image of grace, from glory to glory. As we confess "our savior" from sin and we also confess our God from sin we ourselves are rescued from sin. It take spiritual insight and faith/trust in the "true" God to find truth.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way [law] which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I[liberty] am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Comment:
I know that the "I" referred in John 10:10 is referring to Jesus but indirectly by the "works" of Jesus through the spirit we find "liberty".

I may not word this post in the most poetic of forms but I believe the substance of what I am saying is right on and in alignment with the true meaning of the "good news" of the NT.

I see the God of the old testament as being the one that after calamity strikes God is always there saving people. Not conveniently as Frank would have us believe God is always present when someone is being murdered... THE TRUE God is there to SAVE LIVES... As an example.. I don't believe that the true God actually caused "the flood" but I believe God saved Noah so as to save the human race from extinction...

Yes, the Bible is very clear and says I (God) will cause it to rain forty... But what was God's motive? Because he hated sin? Is God that weak? One might think well that is a motive, but humans can very easily kill themselves with their own sin it does not take a flood... Humans have enough sin inside to flood the world many times over... The devil had the greatest motive for living on a human-less earth... God told the devil and Adam and Eve way back in Eden that a man would come (someday) and the devil would bruise his heel and this "man" would bruise the serpents HEAD... Well bruises to the head are usually FATAL...

Thus the devil had a greater motive for destroying the human race... Also (here come the checks and balances again) When the flood occurred it says the portals of heavens opened up and it rained... If the devil was as a God he must have had the power (dominion over the earth) to open the portals of heaven and destroy the earth's inhabitants. But just as in Job, the devil was not able to destroy ALL people. Noah and his family were spared their lives.

The only other time the the "portals of heaven" are mentioned is AFTER the Gospels when it says "God" shall open the portals of heaven and pour you out a "blessing"... So this shows that the true God now holds the "power" of these "portals" and the true Gods use of them is as a "blessing" not death... This only put further in doubt the nature of the God of the OT as being a mixture of "two" Gods seen as one by much of the ailing spiritual prophets/priests/kings of the OT... This also shows the works of Christ as taking back these powers from the devil. I believe that this logic follows through in most all of the calamities that happened in the OT including the crucifiction of Christ... I suppose God also crucified his own son... When will you learn?

1Corinthians 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

For it is the "true" God's will that "above all, we prosper and be in health".

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Comment:
Peace with God...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:27 am
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:
. . . Just like liberals that think if God is removed from the pledge that people will suddenly no longer believe. . . .

No one--not even the liberals--are trying to take away your right to believe what you want in accordance with your own conscience. However, you are not respecting the right of others who don't share your beliefs. The official pledge of allegiance to OUR flag and OUR country is dictated by law. The objection stems from YOU imposing YOUR religious beliefs on others through the operation of our laws. That type of imposition is inimical to liberty which makes the pledge a hypocritical FARCE. Where is the liberty and justice for all?

Liberty in itself IS a law... A human LAW...

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 2:12
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Comment: A law like "gravity" that is granted by the "creator" God and not by a government... If the government was to make a law that gravity was no longer legal would we still stick to the earth? Would apples still fall to the ground? You can't turn the world upside down... This is why liberty is ABOVE GOVERNMENT and we are held by greater "laws" that are endowed by the "creator"... Liberty is one of them and liberty is "under" God not government... Now if you want to argue with gravity go ahead...

...Also, the pledge is not "dictated by law"... you can abstain from the pledge it is optional in school... It is just the majority opts to pledge allegiance to liberty as being "under God"... Yet this pledge is optional, this option is part of "the liberty". If it was under government, then it would be "dictated" by LAW under "government" not God...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:41 am
RexRed wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Comment: A law like "gravity" that is granted by the "creator" God and not by a government... If the government was to make a law that gravity was no longer legal would we still stick to the earth? Would apples still fall to the ground? You can't turn the world upside down... This is why liberty is ABOVE GOVERNMENT. And we are held by greater "laws" that are endowed by the "creator"... Liberty is one of them and liberty is "under" God not government... Now if you want to argue with gravity go ahead...

...Also, the pledge is not "dictated by law"... you can abstain from the pledge it is optional in school... It is just the majority opts to pledge allegiance to liberty as being "under God"... Yet this pledge is optional, this option is part of "the liberty". If it was under government, then it would be "dictated" by LAW under "government" not God...

Yabba dabba doo!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:42 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Comment: A law like "gravity" that is granted by the "creator" God and not by a government... If the government was to make a law that gravity was no longer legal would we still stick to the earth? Would apples still fall to the ground? You can't turn the world upside down... This is why liberty is ABOVE GOVERNMENT. And we are held by greater "laws" that are endowed by the "creator"... Liberty is one of them and liberty is "under" God not government... Now if you want to argue with gravity go ahead...

Yabba dabba doo!

Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:54 am
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I agree with so much of what you write, Debra, that I feel uncomfortable mentioning this...but...

....you should avoid unqualified assertions like "no one"...

...or it will come back to bite you. (I suspect this one will...when MA gets a shot at it.)

The problem with Rex's "Just like liberals that think if God is removed from the pledge that people will suddenly no longer believe. . . ."...

...is that it is absurd.

Hardly any "liberals" (or anyone else for that matter) think that removing the silly phrase "under God" from the pledge...will impact on what people guess or "believe."

We just want it out of there because we are as interested in our rights...as theists are interested in theirs. They was freedom OF religion...the right not to have the government decide to endorse one religion over another. Some of us want freedom FROM religion...the right not to have the government decide to endorse the notion of the existence of a God or the non-existence of gods.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:31 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Jamesw84 wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Grow up kids. Guess what, the entire WORLD is under God and you guys display a lot of nerve running around acting like we're special or the only ones or something.

This message is so funny, it says the entire world is under god. If this is the case then why does God make certain individuals suffer from psychological trauma so much than other people? IF this god of yours is so "just"-a term that I have heard about in church so much, then why do all these unfair things happen for? Does god favour particular people and punish others from a very very young age?

The primary reason for me rejecting god is due to how little blessing he has bestowed on my life so far, how little protection he has given me over the course of my whole life this far, and yet he expects me to beg on my knees for mercy and repentance. The worst thing that can happen to me now is death, and im not scared of it. So give me a reason why u say god is in control of this world, its more like he cant control this world at all, so he has sent this fictious character of Jesus down to scare us.

Newbies are so annoying with their off-topic rants and proclamations of doctrine. Rolling Eyes

Did James post something and delete it? I find most of what he had to write serious and heartfelt... I disagree of course but that is the beauty of "liberty under God"... We all need to find the "true God" in our own time and with our OWN mind. Where did his post come from was it at the beginning of this thread I read back and could not find it...

James, God does not hurt good people. God saves good people. I sense your heart is honest and you seem a bit confused... aren't we all... We may all die at some point but God WILL still save us. Life is only a small portion of time compared to all eternity with the living God. The poor shall find peace and the meek shall inherit the earth...

We ARE under God but many do not KNOW the loving nature of this God so they would rather we not be under "anything"... This is worse because that is rather like being in total darkness... This does not change the truth of God, it only just takes them one more step away from it...
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 07:41 am
RexRed wrote:

I believe in a dual rulership but I do not believe both Gods are "true" thus one is a false God and one is a true God. Yet without spiritual "fullness" we can and do err in our perceptions. Yes, you have aptly quoted scriptures but I have related to a wealth more of them. You are quoting from a "religious" standpoint. You are quoting vague isolated scriptures and I am quoting very plain scriptures and linking them. Then you infer that the scriptures I use are figures of speech?

Quoting from a "religious" standpoint? We're discussing a religious topic, what other standpoint would you have me use? If I adopt my typical non-religious stance then my argument simply becomes "It's BS." and we have no debate.

I have not only quoted relevant scripture, but have also provided the context to you in which they were written. They are neither isolated nor vague.

Quote:
They are very plain figures where you take every word of the OT as literally from the true God. So are you saying we should be stoning people to death for wearing clothing that is too colorful (leviticus) and we should be living by such great law that no one shall ever enter into the holy of holies?

Thank you for attempting to put words in my mouth. I never said any of the above. This is pure assumption on your part.

Quote:
You seem to only want to prove that God is such a barbarian so you can excuse yourself from faith...

Not so. I only want to debate your blatant statements about an unverified "opinion" you espoused earlier.

Quote:
Do you not even see your own folly? Do you not see that in rescuing God from the OT that you yourself become justified in the true GOD'S image? We are not to just confess ourselves from sin because the Bible says we are all DEAD in sins. What works can a DEAD person do? But we are to confess the savior from sin... It is in this that we become holy not by our own self righteous works.

This would be an example of the "vagueness" you spoke of earlier. When in doubt, preach. It's the christian way.

Quote:
It is our grace toward God that brings our own grace. This is how we receive our heavenly gift. We are not to confess ourselves "above" God with self pride but "under" a "true" God and "seek" the righteousness of that God with "meekness" and humility of spirit/mind/heart. When God becomes "righteous" in our understanding and true then we stand in the image of this same righteousness and we stand on truth not "religion".

Still preaching. Seemingly without purpose.

Quote:
We need to raise God out of our "own" legalistic "image" of LAW and in "liberty" find grace and mercy toward God's as a more perfect image. In doing so we are "clothed" with this same image of grace, from glory to glory. As we confess "our savior" from sin and we also confess our God from sin we ourselves are rescued from sin. It take spiritual insight and faith/trust in the "true" God to find truth.

Good for you. To those of us that aren't hallucinated enough to believe we've found the "true" God that sounds like a load of hogwash.

Quote:
I see the God of the old testament as being the one that after calamity strikes God is always there saving people. Not conveniently as Frank would have us believe God is always present when someone is being murdered... THE TRUE God is there to SAVE LIVES... As an example.. I don't believe that the true God actually caused "the flood" but I believe God saved Noah so as to save the human race from extinction...

So God, in all his love and wisdom and power, was only able to save 1 family and a bunch of animals from a giant flood he predicted way in advance. Seems a bit impotent for the creator of the universe.

Quote:
Yes, the Bible is very clear and says I (God) will cause it to rain forty... But what was God's motive? Because he hated sin? Is God that weak? One might think well that is a motive, but humans can very easily kill themselves with their own sin it does not take a flood... Humans have enough sin inside to flood the world many times over... The devil had the greatest motive for living on a human-less earth... God told the devil and Adam and Eve way back in Eden that a man would come (someday) and the devil would bruise his heel and this "man" would bruise the serpents HEAD... Well bruises to the head are usually FATAL...

So you're saying then that God's bible, the bible that is rumored to be "God-Inspired" and "God's Word" is erroneous?

Quote:
Thus the devil had a greater motive for destroying the human race... Also (here come the checks and balances again) When the flood occurred it says the portals of heavens opened up and it rained... If the devil was as a God he must have had the power (dominion over the earth) to open the portals of heaven and destroy the earth's inhabitants. But just as in Job, the devil was not able to destroy ALL people. Noah and his family were spared their lives.

Your argument is flimsy as it is based on an assumption that most in christiandom would utterly disagree with.

Quote:
The only other time the the "portals of heaven" are mentioned is AFTER the Gospels when it says "God" shall open the portals of heaven and pour you out a "blessing"... So this shows that the true God now holds the "power" of these "portals" and the true Gods use of them is as a "blessing" not death... This only put further in doubt the nature of the God of the OT as being a mixture of "two" Gods seen as one by much of the ailing spiritual prophets/priests/kings of the OT... This also shows the works of Christ as taking back these powers from the devil. I believe that this logic follows through in most all of the calamities that happened in the OT including the crucifiction of Christ... I suppose God also crucified his own son...

I believe your logic to be presumptious, and based entirely upon assumption. I believe this because what you are espousing above goes against every religious teaching I've ever heard. I'd be willing to bet that I could pull enough scriptures to put forth an argument that Jesus was a raging lunatic, but that, like what you've written above, would be pure assumption on my part.

Quote:
When will you learn?

THERE'S that good old Christian arrogance that I've been missing these past 2 years. Thanks for reminding me of the reason I left the church.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:54 am
RexRed wrote:
[James, God does not hurt good people. God saves good people. ...

Well perhaps there is a God...and perhaps that is true about the God...

...but it certainly is not true about the comic book god described in the Bible.

Or perhaps I missed the parts in the Bible where it says that the comic book god "saved" the "good people" on Earth when he destroyed all of humanity in the great flood.

And perhaps I missed the parts of the Bible where is says that the comic book god "saved" the "good people" who lived in Sodom or Gomorrah before destroying those cities.

And how about the "good" first born of Egypt that the comic book god slaughtered to get its petulant way?

And how about the "good people" who might be impacted by the silly god's first commandment:

"I, the Lord, am your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. You shall not have other gods besides me. You shall not carve idols for yourselves in the shape of anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; you shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation, but bestowing mercy, down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments." Deuteronomy 5:6ff
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:14 am
RexRed wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No. Liberty is an inalenable right. On the other hand, the pledge of allegiance is the product of man-made law.

So, why are you using man-made law to impose your religious beliefs on others in violation of their liberty interests?

Quote:
Comment: A law like "gravity" that is granted by the "creator" God and not by a government... If the government was to make a law that gravity was no longer legal would we still stick to the earth? Would apples still fall to the ground? You can't turn the world upside down... This is why liberty is ABOVE GOVERNMENT and we are held by greater "laws" that are endowed by the "creator"... Liberty is one of them and liberty is "under" God not government... Now if you want to argue with gravity go ahead...

I don't understand. You just said that liberty is a human law. Now you're saying it was created by God.

Okay then: Why are you using the power of the government to make laws that impose your beliefs on others and deprive others of their God-given right to liberty (inclluding free will to believe or not to believe)?

That appears to be an unChristian thing to do.

Quote:

Haven't you been listening? The words of pledge are dictated by law. Why must children abstain from pledging allegiance to our flag and our nation? Aren't non-believers entitled to pledge their devotion and loyalty to their country without having to pledge allegiance to your God at the same time? If your God is truly the God of Liberty as you claim, then God would never impose himself on the people. He would allow them to use their free will to choose to believe or not believe.

Why don't you respect God's teachings, according to you, and stop imposing your religious beliefs on others through our national pledge?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 12:00 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No. Liberty is an inalenable right. On the other hand, the pledge of allegiance is the product of man-made law.

So, why are you using man-made law to impose your religious beliefs on others in violation of their liberty interests?

Quote:

I don't understand. You just said that liberty is a human law. Now you're saying it was created by God.

Okay then: Why are you using the power of the government to make laws that impose your beliefs on others and deprive others of their God-given right to liberty (inclluding free will to believe or not to believe)?

That appears to be an unChristian thing to do.

Quote:

Haven't you been listening? The words of pledge are dictated by law. Why must children abstain from pledging allegiance to our flag and our nation? Aren't non-believers entitled to pledge their devotion and loyalty to their country without having to pledge allegiance to your God at the same time? If your God is truly the God of Liberty as you claim, then God would never impose himself on the people. He would allow them to use their free will to choose to believe or not believe.

Why don't you respect God's teachings, according to you, and stop imposing your religious beliefs on others through our national pledge?

You are trying to win this battle with Rex by being logical and making sense.

You are to be applauded for that...but I must tell you that working that way with Rex has never worked before.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 12:01 pm
I can attest to that. Confused
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:36 pm
Debra_Law wrote:

Liberty IS given by God AND established by human law.

Have you never read:

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men.......
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:40 pm
real life wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Liberty IS given by God AND established by human law.

Have you never read:

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men.......

Of course, the men that drafted that subscribed to the Watchmaker God theory. The theory that God set everything in motion (wound it up so to speak) and then just let it go.

So your statement would better read : Liberty WAS given by God. . . .

Semantics, I know. Couldn't resist.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:42 pm
The very concept of "unalienable rights" is absurd no matter from whose pen it is writ.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:50 pm
My new comments are in the color Red...

Questioner wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Quoting from a "religious" standpoint? We're discussing a religious topic, what other standpoint would you have me use? If I adopt my typical non-religious stance then my argument simply becomes "It's BS." and we have no debate.

I have not only quoted relevant scripture, but have also provided the context to you in which they were written. They are neither isolated nor vague.

There is a difference between a religious standpoint and a biblical standpoint... If this was not true there would not be so much division among Christians. There would not be conservative Christians and radical Christians but all would be in harmony and unity with one another. The reason for this is because people take the word out of context to fit their own dogma. This deviation from the word is "religion"...

When one's faith is based solely on the written word then it is truth not religion. I will show you that you have done this by you own words in this post... What would you get if you were to reject religion and base your ideas on only the written word? You would be more similar to what I have been saying. If it were not for people who turned away from traditional religion to a more "God's Word" based belief there would not even be a protestant faith... and men like Martin Luther would never have existed

Quote:

Thank you for attempting to put words in my mouth. I never said any of the above. This is pure assumption on your part.

You did say that the word "rulers" in the book of Ephesians was figurative... Then you say rulers are varied... You are only watering down words to blur clear lines... To me rulers are rulers and not the strait edges kind that guide a line... You are trying to morph the Bible to fit your religion and not morph religion to fit the Bible.

Quote:
You seem to only want to prove that God is such a barbarian so you can excuse yourself from faith...

Not so. I only want to debate your blatant statements about an unverified "opinion" you espoused earlier.

I have verified my "opinion" with the scriptures not by what others have taught but by what I have learned in turning from religion and expressly searching ONLY the Bible for the "truth". You seem to hold all of this mumbo jumbo taught by the "out in the world" Christian church as gospel... Well, look again my friend... All you need to do is read the Bible with this understanding and it will verify what I am saying. I know it seems foreign but that is because you have so many preconceived ideas...

Quote:
Do you not even see your own folly? Do you not see that in rescuing God from the OT that you yourself become justified in the true GOD'S image? We are not to just confess ourselves from sin because the Bible says we are all DEAD in sins. What works can a DEAD person do? But we are to confess the savior from sin... It is in this that we become holy not by our own self righteous works.

This would be an example of the "vagueness" you spoke of earlier. When in doubt, preach. It's the christian way.

It is vague because it is so un-traveled that your mind resists it. Yet if you only would give it the slightest bit of credence you could help me unravel it's validity. Just consider it for a moment... and you may find you have a reason to love God again... It is not our Gods mercy toward us but our mercy towards God that is important... By forgiving others (God included) we are forgiven of our debts, remember. Can you not look and for one moment glimpse at the truth without it frightening your "religious" constructs into disarray?

Quote:

Still preaching. Seemingly without purpose.

I have a purpose.. to love you into seeing there IS an answer beyond your own failure to see it... I am not preaching but I am exercising the liberty that I have as an individual who seeks truth over philosophy/religion...

Quote:

Good for you. To those of us that aren't hallucinated enough to believe we've found the "true" God that sounds like a load of hogwash.

I do not have to "hallucinate" the written word I only have to read it without interjecting religion into every thing I read to hold together poor biblical research... The Bible affirms what I have said but I have quoted many scriptures that have verified my position... You keep bringing up religion as the source of your "beliefs" don't you see that religion and the written word are not always the same thing. You need to break out of your straight jacket and start thinking for yourself based on what is written in the Bible and not what is taught by religion. Your religion is one big bibliography of philosophers and no actual scriptures... You quote scriptures and they are isolated but you do not have them linked into a whole...

This in not an insult to you it is just an observation that you are blindly following the crowd. Even Frank thinks he knows the "God of the Bible" so he has followed the crowd right off a cliff... (he is slowly starting to realize I think though...) It is no wonder that he finds the God of the Bible laughable. I would laugh too if I saw God that way... I did once turn my back on God as a teen when I thought that way... They were the worst years of my life and nearly stole my life from me... All because I thought God was based on the religion I was taught instead of the truth of the Bible... It was not until I reexamined this religion that I found it based on "philosophy/religion" and not the actual written word...

Quote:

So God, in all his love and wisdom and power, was only able to save 1 family and a bunch of animals from a giant flood he predicted way in advance. Seems a bit impotent for the creator of the universe.

It was not because God did not try but because of unbelief (again God does not possess) caused by a majority of religious people who thought otherwise... That should make you think of your own salvation today... You are still laughing at "Noah"...

Quote:

So you're saying then that God's bible, the bible that is rumored to be "God-Inspired" and "God's Word" is erroneous?

Yes, but, only in places in the OT... and it takes the lens of the "new birth" and the revelation of the New Testament to reveal where and when the OT departs from the truth... There is enough in the NT to guide us to the way of holiness of the one true God... Yet the OT is again, mixed... This is why Frank is justified in hating God but this is also why Frank is unaware (agnostic) of he true God... Frank You can KNOW God... You just have to look closer. Smile

Quote:

Your argument is flimsy as it is based on an assumption that most in christiandom would utterly disagree with.

There you go with taking "most in Christendom" OVER "most of the written word"... In that one statement you have utterly proven my point... You follow religion and not The Word... Look at the division in religion... I rest my case... The only way to KNOW is to reject religion and rely solely upon the Bible for truth. If religion had done this there would be unity in the Church today...

Quote:
The only other time the the "portals of heaven" are mentioned is AFTER the Gospels when it says "God" shall open the portals of heaven and pour you out a "blessing"... So this shows that the true God now holds the "power" of these "portals" and the true Gods use of them is as a "blessing" not death... This only put further in doubt the nature of the God of the OT as being a mixture of "two" Gods seen as one by much of the ailing spiritual prophets/priests/kings of the OT... This also shows the works of Christ as taking back these powers from the devil. I believe that this logic follows through in most all of the calamities that happened in the OT including the crucifixion of Christ... I suppose God also crucified his own son...

I believe your logic to be presumptuous, and based entirely upon assumption. I believe this because what you are espousing above goes against every religious teaching I've ever heard. I'd be willing to bet that I could pull enough scriptures to put forth an argument that Jesus was a raging lunatic, but that, like what you've written above, would be pure assumption on my part.

They are not based on assumption but I have based them upon the scripture. The very flaw in your "logic" is you are basing it upon "religious teaching". So you are ignoring the wealth of scriptural sources for religious teaching. You are holding religious teaching and tradition "above" the written word.... This is what the Vatican did to Martin Luther... I am not comparing myself to Luther but I am certainly a parallel to his approach.

I am saying the contrary to Jesus being a lunatic, (that is simply a wild speculative presumption on your part). We see a shift in the teachings of Jesus as the Bible says the word became flesh.. (the reference to casting stones) In other words, "the Law" became living and alive... This is even more so true as after the death and resurrection of Christ that we now each have Christ in us. So the law is now living as liberty within the sons and daughters of liberty and not law without... You are desperate enough to mention "religion" as a source of divining the truth when you seem to neglect the principle that the word is our ONLY guide to truth. I am not speculating I have the word to back up my so called "speculation" yet all you have is religion which is a divided house.

Quote:
When will you learn?

THERE'S that good old Christian arrogance that I've been missing these past 2 years. Thanks for reminding me of the reason I left the church.

You left the church because their teachings were stale and erroneous. I left for the same reason... But I did not leave God... I offer you a new look at old truths and you then still cling to what is familiar but again "wrong"...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 05:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The very concept of "unalienable rights" is absurd no matter from whose pen it is writ.

Amen!
0 Replies