Under God With Liberty

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:25 am
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I would have a problem changing it, yes. It was written the way it was written for a reason.

The God of this world that was being spoken of was the devil.

And Adam had no authority to give anyone dominion over anything. God gave Adam dominion over the land and animals and nothing else.

The trinity is a lie from hell? Where do you get that?

If God "GAVE" Adam dominion then it was Adam's to give...

The trinity is paganism and idolatry...

Thou shalt have no other gods before me...

I would say judging by your post that you do not understand the concept of the Holy trinity. It is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are all the same. Nothing is man's. Everything is God's. We are His creation. He is not ours.

I know the trinity... GOD the father GOD the son GOD the holy spirit equals 3 not 1... THAT is idolatry...

Let me state it to you this way then. I UNDERSTAND the concept of the trinity. They do not equal 3, they equal one. I have been accused of a lot of things in my life, but because I believe in the trinity I am an idolator? Would you care to tell me where you get this? I am a Christian. I do not practice idolatry.

3 equals 3 not 1...

1Co 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Comment:
How can the son be coequal if in THE END he [the son] is made subject unto the father?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:29 am
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I would have a problem changing it, yes. It was written the way it was written for a reason.

And Adam had no authority to give anyone dominion over anything. God gave Adam dominion over the land and animals and nothing else.

I would say judging by your post that you do not understand the concept of the Holy trinity. It is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are all the same. Nothing is man's. Everything is God's. We are His creation. He is not ours.

I know the trinity... GOD the father GOD the son GOD the holy spirit equals 3 not 1... THAT is idolatry...

Let me state it to you this way then. I UNDERSTAND the concept of the trinity. They do not equal 3, they equal one. I have been accused of a lot of things in my life, but because I believe in the trinity I am an idolator? Would you care to tell me where you get this? I am a Christian. I do not practice idolatry.

3 equals 3 not 1...

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Comment:
How can the son be coequal if in THE END if he is made subject unto the father?

See if this helps. If it doesn't I can give you verses.

Keep in mind that the word "Trinity" is not used in Scripture. This is a term that is used to attempt to describe the triune God, the fact that there are 3 coexistent, co-eternal persons that make up God. Understand that this is NOT in any way suggesting 3 Gods. The Trinity is 1 God made up of 3 persons. There is nothing wrong with using the term "Trinity" even though the word is not found in the Bible. It is shorter to say the word "Trinity" than to say "3 coexistent, co-eternal persons making up 1 God." If this presents a problem to you, consider this: the word grandfather is not used in the Bible either. Yet, we know there were grandfathers in the Bible. Abraham was the grandfather of Jacob. So don't get hung up on the term "Trinity" itself. What should be of real importance is that the concept that is REPRESENTED by the word "Trinity" does exist in Scripture.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:43 am
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

3 equals 3 not 1...

Comment:

Keep in mind that the word "Trinity" is not used in Scripture. This is a term that is used to attempt to describe the triune God, the fact that there are 3 coexistent, co-eternal persons that make up God. Understand that this is NOT in any way suggesting 3 Gods. The Trinity is 1 God made up of 3 persons. There is nothing wrong with using the term "Trinity" even though the word is not found in the Bible. It is shorter to say the word "Trinity" than to say "3 coexistent, co-eternal persons making up 1 God." If this presents a problem to you, consider this: the word grandfather is not used in the Bible either. Yet, we know there were grandfathers in the Bible. Abraham was the grandfather of Jacob. So don't get hung up on the term "Trinity" itself. What should be of real importance is that the concept that is REPRESENTED by the word "Trinity" does exist in Scripture.

...again how can they be coequal?

Comment: So Jesus was the son and husband of Mary? That is incest...

Some dead babylonian pagan monk is getting a chuckle...

Time to rethink things...

Remember what the devil tempted Eve with?

"Ye shall be as Gods..."

If he could get Eve to believe that he can still get misguided Christians to believe it too.

The antichrist will claim to be God and the doctrine of the trinity is what will make that claim believable...

2The 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:46 am
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

3 equals 3 not 1...

Comment:

"Ye shall be as Gods..."

If he could get Eve to believe that he can still get misguided Christians to believe it too.

The antichrist will claim to be God and the doctrine of the trinity is what will make that claim believeable...

2Th 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

So is what you are trying to tell me that I am worshipping the anti-christ because I believe in the trinity?

Surely, you have got to be kidding. Guess you aren't going to tell me just what Christian religion it is that you follow?

On second thought, you don't really need to bother. I think I already know.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:55 am
To God be the glory....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:00 am
You know, it doesn't matter to me whether you believe in the trinity or not. It's not a prerequisite for getting to heaven.

My problem is this, accusing me of idolatry is just the kind of thing that has been fought against by many in these posts. They have the perception that Christians tell them they are going to burn in hell if they don't believe the way Christians do. That is not our place to tell anyone. It is God's place and God's alone. You have no authority to accuse me of idolatry just as I have no authority to tell someone they will go to hell if they do not believe as I do.

We are supposed to live our lives as close to Christ's teachings as we possibly can. What makes a person a Christian is accepting that Christ died on the cross for the salvation of sins and our repentence of sins. I don't recall it saying anywhere that if you believe in the trinity or if you don't you are not a Christian.

I don't blame the non-believers that accuse Christians of these kinds of things because there are so many that do it. I AM NOT one of them. The judging is God's and God's alone.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:04 am
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

3 equals 3 not 1...

Comment:

"Ye shall be as Gods..."

The antichrist will claim to be God and the doctrine of the trinity is what will make that claim believable...

2Th 2:4

So is what you are trying to tell me that I am worshipping the anti-christ because I believe in the trinity?

Surely, you have got to be kidding. Guess you aren't going to tell me just what Christian religion it is that you follow?

On second thought, you don't really need to bother. I think I already know.

How can Jesus be equal with God if he is only the "image" of God?

Will your image in the mirror ever become you? Will it get up in the morning and go to work for you? Do you consider your image in any way coequal with you?

Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Comment:
63 time in the NT Jesus is called "the son of God" never once is he called "God the son"... not to mention how many times he is called "a man" and the "second Adam"... The holy spirit gift IS the "created" image of God...

I didn't write the Bible take it up with God....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:07 am
I have agreed to disagree with you. Is that not good enough?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:10 am
Adam bore a son in his own likeness and "image"(Seth). Seth bore Adam's characteristics, you could "know" Adam by Seth, he(Seth) resembled Adam... but was Seth Adam? No...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:13 am
Momma Angel wrote:
I have agreed to disagree with you. Is that not good enough?

You are not disagreeing with me you are disagreeing with the written word...

That is you choice not mine...

Also you think you know me and my ilk but I doubt you do...

But I still love you... Smile

Peace with God...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:13 am
Well, guess you answered my question. No, that's not good enough for you. No wonder Christians get a bad name. I can empathize with those that say their views are forced upon them. This is the kind of thing that turns people away from Christianity. This is the kind of thing Christ says we are not to do. He says if someone gets angry or does not accept what you have to say then you drop it.

So, one final time. I believe in the holy trinity. You do not. That's your perogative as it is mine. I agree to just disagree on this point.

Perhaps I do not know your ilk as you call it, true. I merely stated that from what you had posted I was making a guess.

And it is very important that you understand that your interpretation of something does not mean that it is the same as mine.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:23 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, guess you answered my question. No, that's not good enough for you. No wonder Christians get a bad name. I can empathize with those that say their views are forced upon them. This is the kind of thing that turns people away from Christianity. This is the kind of thing Christ says we are not to do. He says if someone gets angry or does not accept what you have to say then you drop it.

So, one final time. I believe in the holy trinity. You do not. That's your perogative as it is mine. I agree to just disagree on this point.

Perhaps I do not know your ilk as you call it, true. I merely stated that from what you had posted I was making a guess.

And it is very important that you understand that your interpretation of something does not mean that it is the same as mine.

That also does not mean your interpretation is "right"... just because you decide to disagree and "drop it" does not necessarily intitle you to the luxury of truth...

I choose to hold my beliefs and "interpretations" up against the the spirit and try them in the furnace of truth [the written word] till they are purified...

...again, To God be the Glory...

Peace with God...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:28 am
I think the whole issue is that kids are forced to say it. Why aren't they allowed to be silent when "Under God" is said? This is an incredibly stupid issue for both Liberals and Conservatives to be debating when there are so many more serious issues that need to be addressed in this country.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:29 am
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

That also does not mean your interpretation is "right"... just because you decide to disagree and "drop it" does not necessarily intitle you to the luxury of truth...

I choose to hold my beliefs and "interpretations" up against the the spirit and try them in the furnace of truth till they are purified...

Peace with God...

Rex,

You just ask anyone that I have had conversations with in the religion forum. I don't back down from a single thing I believe in. And I never said that my interpretation was the right one, which seems to be what you are stating about your interpretation.

All I said was, is if you tell someone of the teachings of Christ and they get angry, disagree, etc., you are not supposed to tell them that they are wrong or call them idolators or whatever. You are to walk away peacefully and leave it in God's hands. God knows what the whole truth is. He and He alone judges us. All I am trying to get across to you is that if you keep telling someone they are wrong about what they believe then you just anger them and they feel that you are forcing your beliefs down their throats. That is not the way to teach Christianity to anyone. Doing the exact thing that most non-believers accuse Christians of doing is just adding fuel to their fire against Christ.

I admire you for sticking to what you believe in. That's the way it is supposed to be. I am just saying that when there is a disagreement in interpretation and there seems to be no giving on either side, it's best to agree to disagree on this point and move on.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:33 am
Momma Angel wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

I choose to hold my beliefs and "interpretations" up against the the spirit and try them in the furnace of truth till they are purified...

Peace with God...

Rex,

You just ask anyone that I have had conversations with in the religion forum. I don't back down from a single thing I believe in. And I never said that my interpretation was the right one, which seems to be what you are stating about your interpretation.

All I said was, is if you tell someone of the teachings of Christ and they get angry, disagree, etc., you are not supposed to tell them that they are wrong or call them idolators or whatever. You are to walk away peacefully and leave it in God's hands. God knows what the whole truth is. He and He alone judges us. All I am trying to get across to you is that if you keep telling someone they are wrong about what they believe then you just anger them and they feel that you are forcing your beliefs down their throats. That is not the way to teach Christianity to anyone. Doing the exact thing that most non-believers accuse Christians of doing is just adding fuel to their fire against Christ.

I admire you for sticking to what you believe in. That's the way it is supposed to be. I am just saying that when there is a disagreement in interpretation and there seems to be no giving on either side, it's best to agree to disagree on this point and move on.

When you see someone inadvertently stepping in front of a train are you gentle with them... do you say, "I don't want to hurt you." Or do you just yank them out of the way to save them? Why? Because you love...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 01:42 am
Rex needs some Zzzz's GOODnight
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:40 am
RexReed Wrote:

Quote:
When you see someone inadvertently stepping in front of a train are you gentle with them... do you say, "I don't want to hurt you." Or do you just yank them out of the way to save them? Why? Because you love...

Rex, the thing is, I am not stepping in the path of any train here. I believe my salvation is already set. So, stop yanking me out of the way.

I understand your wanting for others to be saved. I wish for everyone to be saved, but you and I both know this is not the way it is.

There is nothing wrong with being firm in your beliefs and standing up for them. There is a problem with forcing it upon someone who doesn't want it. That is not what Jesus would do. In any instance where I am not sure of what to do I try to ask myself what would Jesus do?

In this instance, I think He would say that what He gave was given in love and now man's free will must decided what to accept. He would not continue on in the same vein.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:58 am
Momma Angel wrote:
RexReed Wrote:

Quote:

Rex, the thing is, I am not stepping in the path of any train here. I believe my salvation is already set. So, stop yanking me out of the way.

I understand your wanting for others to be saved. I wish for everyone to be saved, but you and I both know this is not the way it is.

There is nothing wrong with being firm in your beliefs and standing up for them. There is a problem with forcing it upon someone who doesn't want it. That is not what Jesus would do. In any instance where I am not sure of what to do I try to ask myself what would Jesus do?

In this instance, I think He would say that what He gave was given in love and now man's free will must decided what to accept. He would not continue on in the same vein.

So are you saying I am going to hell? Only one of us can be right?

Jeus Christ is not God...

Unlike you, you are the one that sounds overconfident I am willing to discuss the particulars and you just seem to just want to drop it...

And you may wonder, is "idolatry" is a speeding train that can have devastating consequences on one's salvation...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:07 pm
Rex Reed Wrote:

Quote:
So are you saying I am going to hell? Only one of us can be right?

Jeus Christ is not God...

Unlike you, you are the one that sounds overconfident I am willing to discuss the particulars and you just seem to just want to drop it...

And you may wonder, is "idolatry" is a speeding train that can have devastating consequences on one's salvation.

I did not say that you were going to hell nor did I say that only one of us can be right. What I said was, I am confident in the assuredness of my salvation so you don't need to yank me out from in front of any train.

Discuss what particulars? You gave your verses and I gave you my opinion, feelings, and explanation. I'm not changing my mind and obviously you are not either. So, what's to discuss? If you want to keep going it is just going to be a back and forth tit for tat thing that will get no where very fast.

And, I have already told you, I am not an idolator. I have not labeled you as anything because of your beliefs, and I believe that I deserve the same respect. I don't wish to discuss something with someone that is calling me names.
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
It is imparative that "under God" be in the pledge of allegiance to insure freedom of religion, the freedom to believe in whatever god or system of beliefs we want to believe in, even if that god is no god.
If our allegiance is solely to our government then we are abdicating our right to live by our own conscience. Our government becomes our higher power and we have pledged to follow it.
This is from a letter to the editor of our newspaper.

Pledge lets us choose our own God.
(In response to a letter written by W. Roberts. It) is demonstrably wrong in his claim that the addition of the words "under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance detracts from his freedom to believe as he pleases. Its value lies precisely in the fact that it allows him to define "god" however he wishes, and then authorizes him to attach his loyalties ultimately to that instead of narrowly to the nation.
Here in the 21st century, the Cold War intentions of the congressmen who added these words to the pledge are irrelevant when set alongside the actual words themselves, which remind us citizens that we are not compelled or even encouraged to attach our ultimate allegiance to the government.
Mr. Roberts properly exercises the phrase "under God" when he writes: "My own true allegiance is to the land and the people, not to any political government." If that, to him, is the "God" under which the American government must stand and to which it must be held accountable, then as a fellow citizen I may heartily endorse his faith.
However, I must confess I am a bit uncomfortable with the notion of attaching one's highest allegiance to something as vague as "land and people", which was the operational Nazi definition of the sacred (Land und Volk). The point is this: Are there principles and values that transcend even land and people, to which a good citizen must attach still higher loyalties? Mr. Roberts would probably agree that there surely are. The words "under God" give him and me and every one of us the exact same license- to choose personally what we believe these "sacred" things to be and to regard them as more worthy
of our allegiance than even the flag and the republic for which it stands.

G. Herion

I would certainly hope that all Amerians would pledge their allegiance to helping America and americans. I have seen this acted out recently in the enormous response of the general public to the hurricane victims and that makes me proud be an american even though the response of the government is being questioned.
0 Replies