Politics as usual.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:39 am
Ticomaya wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
what kinda conservative moonbat logic is that ??

I dunno. But then I don't even know what LMSM is.

whhaaaattttt??? no way, dude ! surely you must know !?!?!?

Liberal MainStream Media, of course...

you know it really hurts me when you tease me like that... really, it does..

Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:09 pm
Ahh, the "L" is superfluous, then. :wink:
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:19 pm
blatham wrote:
Actually, there wasn't really anything in my Vile Filth about your mom. And in fact I had begun the VF with a warm greeting to you. The post was removed because I tossed in an old Saturday Night Live joke which, under the present administration, can be understood as a Threat To All That Is Brave and True. So I had no problem, once I understood the passage in question, with the foul murder of my post. I was initially pissed thinking it had been removed because of the little poetic touch where I had Barb Streisand smearing her menstral blood all over the walls of the Alamo. So, anyway, how's things?

As is usual, filled with equal measures of wonder and woe.

I'm visiting A2K that much more frequently these past few days because I am recuperating from the tender mercies of my dentist, who had me in his chair for six straight hours on Wednesday. My gums feel as though they have been worked over with a rasp.

However it was pain well endured because I am now the proud owner of an entirely new set of choppers, white as the whale and straight as Queequeg's harpoon. Implants, bridge work, and porcelain veneers -- a veritable extreme makeover of Finn. Plus, I have vicodin!

Fine teeth. The one last barrier before my assuming my rightful place as an All American Hero.

How's tricks?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:21 pm
6 hours! Wow.

But man, them things are white <shades eyes>
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:38 pm
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

and vicodin ! christmas in september. Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:39 pm
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

Yes, but tastefully so. No need for shades.

The worst thing about being under the dentist's drill, is the constant feeling that I am going to drown on all the water being squirted into my mouth or aspirate some of the flotsam and jetsam getting knocked around. And a fully loaded face of novocaine! Even my eyebrows were numb!

Oh what we endure to be beautiful.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:53 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

Yes, but the prescription is woefully short. There's just enough to fend off the pain, but not enough to enjoy after the healing.

These doctors and dentists! What do they think, that we'll abuse the stuff?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:13 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Great big Laughing tico.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:14 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

Yes, but the prescription is woefully short. There's just enough to fend off the pain, but not enough to enjoy after the healing.

they are a suspicious bunch, aren't they ? Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:21 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

aaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

yer killin' me, dude. Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 09:47 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

I'll tell ya...I was pretty damned disappointed with my recent meds. Even the morphine...pffft!

There are two approaches to drugs - the pagan or the New England Calvinist. I'm going to have my next heart attack in Ibeza.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 09:55 am
Blatham
There are two approaches to drugs - the pagan or the New England Calvinist. I'm going to have my next heart attack in Ibeza.[/quote wrote:

Blatham, A2K members are only allowed one heart attack per decade. So you can't have another until 2015, so quit yer bitchin.

BBB
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:39 pm
Mark Danner has been writing some of the best journalism anywhere on the Iraq war (for the NY Review of Books, mostly). This piece from the last Sunday Times magazine is a MUST READ.

Quote:
Taking Stock of the Forever War

By MARK DANNER
Published: September 11, 2005
I. Seldom has an image so clearly marked the turning of the world. One of man's mightiest structures collapses into an immense white blossom of churning, roiling dust, metamorphosing in 14 seconds from hundred-story giant of the earth into towering white plume reaching to heaven. The demise of the World Trade Center gave us an image as newborn to the world of sight as the mushroom cloud must have appeared to those who first cast eyes on it. I recall vividly the seconds flowing by as I sat gaping at the screen, uncomprehending and unbelieving, while Peter Jennings's urbane, perfectly modulated voice murmured calmly on about flights being grounded, leaving unacknowledged and unexplained - unconfirmed - the incomprehensible scene unfolding in real time before our eyes. "Hang on there a second," the famously unflappable Jennings finally stammered - the South Tower had by now vanished into a boiling caldron of white smoke - "I just want to check one thing. . .because. . .we now have.. . .What do we have? We don't. . .?" Marveling later that "the most powerful image was the one I actually didn't notice while it was occurring," Jennings would say simply that "it was beyond our imagination."

Looking back from this moment, precisely four years later, it still seems almost inconceivable that 10 men could have done that - could have brought those towers down. Could have imagined doing what was "beyond our imagination." When a few days later, the German composer Karlheinz Stockhausen remarked that this was "the greatest work of art in the history of the cosmos," I shared the anger his words called forth but couldn't help sensing their bit of truth: "What happened there - spiritually - this jump out of security, out of the everyday, out of life, that happens sometimes poco a poco in art." No "little by little" here: however profoundly evil the art, the sheer immensity and inconceivability of the attack had forced Americans instantaneously to "jump out of security, out of the everyday, out of life" and had thrust them through a portal into a strange and terrifying new world, where the inconceivable, the unimaginable, had become brutally possible.

In the face of the unimaginable, small wonder that leaders would revert to the language of apocalypse, of crusade, of "moral clarity." Speaking at the National Cathedral just three days after the attacks, President Bush declared that while "Americans do not yet have the distance of history. . .our responsibility to history is already clear: to answer these attacks and rid the world of evil." Astonishing words - imaginable, perhaps, only from an American president, leading a people given naturally in times of crisis to enlisting national power in the cause of universal redemption. "The enemy is not a single political regime or person or religion or ideology," declared the National Security Strategy of the United States of America for 2002. "The enemy is terrorism - premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against innocents." Not Islamic terrorism or Middle Eastern terrorism or even terrorism directed against the United States: terrorism itself. "Declaring war on 'terror,"' as one military strategist later remarked to me, "is like declaring war on air power." It didn't matter; apocalypse, retribution, redemption were in the air, and the grandeur of the goal must be commensurate with the enormity of the crime. Within days of the attacks, President Bush had launched a "global war on terror."

Today marks four years of war. Four years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, U.S. troops ruled unchallenged in Japan and Germany. During those 48 months, Americans created an unmatched machine of war and decisively defeated two great enemies.
Much more
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:42 pm
In addition, though I have not read this piece yet, it comes highly recommended...

Lost at Tora Bora
By MARY ANNE WEAVER
Published: September 11, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/11/magazine/11TORABORA.html
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:43 pm
And Peter Galbraith almost always gets it right...(another one I've yet to read)
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/18297
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 01:25 pm
Re: Blatham
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
There are two approaches to drugs - the pagan or the New England Calvinist. I'm going to have my next heart attack in Ibeza.[/quote wrote:

Blatham, A2K members are only allowed one heart attack per decade. So you can't have another until 2015, so quit yer bitchin.

BBB

i, for one, am ecstatic to hear that. hope, however, that the approved interval for bypass' is somewhat longer. Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:54 pm
blatham wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
sozobe wrote:
6 hours! Wow.

I'll tell ya...I was pretty damned disappointed with my recent meds. Even the morphine...pffft!

There are two approaches to drugs - the pagan or the New England Calvinist. I'm going to have my next heart attack in Ibeza.

Apparently you have, recently, suffered a physical trauma. I am more than happy to understand that you have come through the gauntlet.
Thank George Bush for the medical expertise that saved your life!

Altered consciousness (via drugs or otherwise) is the only positive of a life threatening experience.

"Water Spirit, Water Spirit round my head, makes me feel glad than I'm not dead."

And yet when I am dead I am with the Water Spirit.

So how important is the silly back and forth in which we engage while vibrantly alive?

On the one hand, it is all meaningless, and yet on the other it cannot be more important..

How glad I am to know that blatham, by his idiotic leftist rants, has chosen to cling to life.

May the God, who you find so difficult to accept, bless you my Canuk friend.

When will you next be in Dallas? I know you are ducking me you simpering leftist.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 10:44 pm
Whatever you're on Finn, I want some.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:13 am
I dunno. Looks way contaminated to me.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:31 pm
it's that brown acid ?