Politics as usual.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:23 pm
nimh wrote:
On the left, Michael Moore does exactly the same thing - ...all he's lobbed us is a rabble-rousing film or two.

is that really all you found his stuff to be ? just curious.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:26 pm
Ive only seen Fahrenheit 9/11 and I was disgusted.

Very effective and skilled work of shameless propaganda though, I'll readily admit.

But about as honest and scrupulous as a GWB speech.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:40 pm
nimh wrote:
Ive only seen Fahrenheit 9/11 and I was disgusted.

Very effective and skilled work of shameless propaganda though, I'll readily admit.

But about as honest and scrupulous as a GWB speech.

mostly. but some of the actual footage is pretty telling.

"roger & me" was better. and his first. but overall, michael kinda went off the deep end a little way back.

along with the rest of country... Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:42 pm
Thanks nimh... I am going to have some follow up questions/ideas for you but I want to digest what you said a little more and get back to you.

One thing I have been struggling with is the whole idea of GWB dividing the country. IMO, GWB is merely the hinge-pin for the division in this country. There are people, that no matter what W does, will criticize him merely because he is W just as there are people that support him no matter what decision he makes. Now does that make GWB himself the divisive figure or merely the catalyst for the individuals supporting/detracting him? I think that these lines were drawn long ago but have just now really started to define themselves.

In other words, is it actually GWB that is dividing the country or is it just the opposing deep held beliefs held by the people (such as anti/pro war. anti/pro abortion, different ideas of freedom of religion) that have come to ahead at this particular time with no room for compromise? No matter how often one screams about GWB being divisive, I see no evidence what so ever that they are doing anything more than the same.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 06:31 pm
Take a look at the right and the left in America right now.

Who has told the truth and who has lied? Who is using the media to suppress information and who has to create or find alternative media to get the truth to the public. Who fabricated intelligence and used patriotism and the power of peoples loyalty to the state to justify and get the go ahead for a preempted attack.

Who is the shameless propagandist. How much of Fahrenheit 9/11 is true? All of it. Truth is good. Lies are bad. Who benefits when we are deceived who benefits when we are not, And who is really trying to deceive you. When you look at this partition war at home. Take a look at the track records of the right and left for telling the truth and ask yourself how things would have been different in the world and america had the truth been known and the lies exposed

No matter how bad it gets for are country or the world the people in the middle of the right and left stay right in the middle where it's nice, safe and sensible. I actually have more contempt for them. I think they are apathetic, complacent and afraid the look like a "whacko". I was a "whacko" when I said you couldn't enrich uranium with the tubes they were starting a war with on Fox news. Am I a "whacko" for saying it today? NO. Because it's true. Like it was true then. Oh but partisianship is bad even when your telling the truth and their lying. Remember the whacko that said Oswald wasn't the only one that shot Kennedy? Remember the quack scientist that came up with global warming? Who's the real whackos?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
Well, you had a good thread going, jp.

Good luck getting it back on track.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:15 pm
Amigo wrote:
Take a look at the right and the left in America right now.

Who has told the truth and who has lied? Who is using the media to suppress information and who has to create or find alternative media to get the truth to the public. Who fabricated intelligence and used patriotism and the power of peoples loyalty to the state to justify and get the go ahead for a preempted attack.

Both sides.

Amigo wrote:
Who is the shameless propagandist. How much of Fahrenheit 9/11 is true? All of it.

If you honestly believe that, then you have either been taken up in the method you just described in the first paragraph or you are so blindly partisian that you can't see your own parties short-comings.

Amigo wrote:
Truth is good. Lies are bad.

We agree on something.

Amigo wrote:
Who benefits when we are deceived who benefits when we are not, And who is really trying to deceive you. When you look at this partition war at home. Take a look at the track records of the right and left for telling the truth and ask yourself how things would have been different in the world and america had the truth been known and the lies exposed

That is such a broad statement that I don't know how to respond to it. This is actaully part of the problem. Blanket statements that characterize one side as all evil and one side as all good. It just isn't reality.

Amigo wrote:
No matter how bad it gets for are country or the world the people in the middle of the right and left stay right in the middle where it's nice, safe and sensible. I actually have more contempt for them. I think they are apathetic, complacent and afraid the look like a "whacko". I was a "whacko" when I said you couldn't enrich uranium with the tubes they were starting a war with on Fox news. Am I a "whacko" for saying it today? NO. Because it's true. Like it was true then. Oh but partisianship is bad even when your telling the truth and their lying. Remember the whacko that said Oswald wasn't the only one that shot Kennedy? Remember the quack scientist that came up with global warming? Who's the real whackos?

Being in the middle does not equate to not being able to make a decision on one side or the other.

Being on one of those sides does not make you bad unless you are so blinded by the party line that you are unable to accept any thing but the party line. That is what is dangerous.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:16 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Well, you had a good thread going, jp.

Good luck getting it back on track.

thanks, I had a feeling this would be an uphill battle, but so far so good.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:20 pm
Amigo wrote:
the people in the middle of the right and left stay right in the middle where it's nice, safe and sensible. I actually have more contempt for them. I think they are apathetic, complacent and afraid the look like a "whacko".

dude, you've gotta be kidding ! i take on a 100 times more grief as a moderate than i ever did when i was what you call a "whacko". and i was full on whacko for a freakin' long time, and still can be in some cases.

the difference is that now i get it from the right and the left.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:32 pm
1. what left wing lie's do you know of? I will match you lie for lie on the Right Name four and I'll name four to start ?

2. what is not true in Fahrenhiet 9/11 ?

3. How is asking you who benifits when you are decieved part of the problem. Finding out who has lied is part of the solution.Yes or No? What so broad about that.Your in the middle, look at the right then look at the left and ask yourself who lied to you and why.Their is no left or right ideas or opinions to this question.Their is only who dares to answer it honestly.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:38 pm
Amigo wrote:
1. what left wing lie's do you know of? I will match you lie for lie on the Right Name four and I'll name four to start ?

3. How is asking you who benifits when you are decieved part of the problem. Finding out who has lied is part of the solution.Yes or No? What so broad about that.Your in the middle, look at the right then look at the left and ask yourself who lied to you and why.Their is no left or right ideas or opinions to this question.Their is only who dares to answer it honestly.

Amigo, you are missing the point. I don't want to match lie for lie with you. I don't want to argue about who is right and who is wrong. I don't want to stick my tounge out and scream "Neener neener neener" at you.

This whole pissing contest is what is wrong. It isn't about who is right and who is wrong. It is about what we should be doing together to solve problems. What compromises can we reach?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:50 pm
jp, I stated in another topic that what this nation needs really is a mission statement. What specifically are our goals as a society and how can we go about meeting them. I truely believe that establishing such a mission statement could lead to cohesion rather than polarization.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:57 pm
That is the best idea I have heard all day, dys.

An actual specified direction that we could steer our country. We would still have the problem of agreeing on the correct actions to get us to those goals, but it seems like it would be a starting point.

It would also help us focus our priorities on what is most important. Fantastic idea.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:05 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Amigo, you are missing the point. I don't want to match lie for lie with you. I don't want to argue about who is right and who is wrong. I don't want to stick my tounge out and scream "Neener neener neener" at you.

This whole pissing contest is what is wrong. It isn't about who is right and who is wrong. It is about what we should be doing together to solve problems. What compromises can we reach?
Politics has everything to do with who is right and wrong and who's telling the truth and who's lying. It's what men fight wars over. The truth is you don't want to look at the truth revealed in answering my three questions so stay in the middle.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
jp, I stated in another topic that what this nation needs really is a mission statement. What specifically are our goals as a society and how can we go about meeting them. I truely believe that establishing such a mission statement could lead to cohesion rather than polarization.
Isn't our mission statment "War on terrorism" the devision is over the mission and the people leading the mission. What are the motives of the mission and the people who created it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:17 pm
OK... you win. See ya later.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:29 pm
No I lose. I fail to get you to try to take a closer look. That's all weve had in trying to stop Bush from f**king the country up. Losses. Because the truth has become partisan and partsianship is bad.
0 Replies

owl

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:11 am
The thread started with a plea for unity and just followed the usual sinking into a morass.

The underlying problems as I see them are a real belief in lying and cheating as the best way to accomplish a goal and a persistent resistance to practice any type of tolerance for the opposing view. Sadly both these practices are destroying this country.

ps thanks for a good thread.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:31 am
bm
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:32 am
bm
0 Replies