ovarian cyst PLEASE HELP

dragon49

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:34 am
i started at 19. i guess they have made some progress. i was lucky enough in the beginning that they just drained them with a needle under CT. didnt stop them from coming back though. so i am on 2 drainings, 4 surgeries. one surgery though was not for cysts per se, but to repair all the damage done by them Smile i am lucky to have all reproductive parts intact since i do still plan on having kids someday.

they say nowadays, the laproscopic surgeries are much less invasive. who knows. glad you are ok too. i wish it was noninvasive-although the when you get that first injection in your IV before surgery...wow!!!! Smile but then you have to wake up to all kinds of pain ugh... Wink
0 Replies

Up in Canada

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:05 pm
Hoping for some answers...
Hey Everyone,

Sounds like you have all been through quite a bit and I'm hoping that you might have some experience to share with me. I have PCOS and have been dealing with ongoing problems. Most recently I have been diagnosed with Cervical Cancer and have to be treated.

After I had my biopsy though, I had the strangest thing happen. I passed this large, orange coloured mass of what appeared to be skin that had dried lumps of blood inside. It was the size of my palm, although not round but flattened. Pretty much freaked me out, and I'm wondering if it's possible to pass burst cysts? I can't figure out what else it could be, any thoughts or recommendations are very welcome.

Thanks ladies and hope you are all well.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:10 pm
Hi there! Welcome to A2K.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis and haven't a clue what you might have passed. Did you call your physician?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 09:47 am
Re: Hoping for some answers...
Up in Canada wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Sounds like you have all been through quite a bit and I'm hoping that you might have some experience to share with me. I have PCOS and have been dealing with ongoing problems. Most recently I have been diagnosed with Cervical Cancer and have to be treated.

After I had my biopsy though, I had the strangest thing happen. I passed this large, orange coloured mass of what appeared to be skin that had dried lumps of blood inside. It was the size of my palm, although not round but flattened. Pretty much freaked me out, and I'm wondering if it's possible to pass burst cysts? I can't figure out what else it could be, any thoughts or recommendations are very welcome.

Thanks ladies and hope you are all well.

was it immediately after your biopsy? as in that afternoon or maybe the next morning? if so it was probably just the stuff they put on your cervix to stop the bleeding after the biopsy. same thing happened to me a while ago. i had a biopsy done and about 6 hours later passed this mass of yuckiness sounding alot like what you did (it looks like skin with blood in it). i immediately called my doc and he said it was the stuff they put on there to stop the bleeding and it comes off after a few hours, not to worry.

sorry to hear about your PCOS. they think i may have it as well, but refuse to diagnose me until i have trouble getting pregnant (also i don't get multiple cysts at once, just one recurring over and over on the same ovary). sorry to hear about your cervical cancer too, that can't be easy. best of luck to you and your health.
0 Replies

houzer911

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 04:12 pm
hey all, im the original poster here about my gf who was being checked for an ovarian cyst. I just wanted to tell everyone that all her tests came back negative. Theres absolutely nothing wrong. It may have just been some sort of strain.

Thank you all for your help and support, i appreciate it soo much. I am glad there are some caring people out there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
Yay!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 06:00 pm
Wonderful news! Thanx for letting us know!
0 Replies