Roger's Hearing Aid Thread

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 07:00 pm
Roger--

Quote:
Had I lost it within the warranty period, there would have been a $250.00 deductable

Which means if a lion swallows you hearing aid, you're going to do your damnest to get it back?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 07:07 pm
Un huh, and if I had to pay full price, that had best be one stretchy lion, cuz I'm going after it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
for OssoB

Listen up, women.

HRT eases menopause, but hard on hearing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
Thanks, ehB..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:49 pm
the scientific article - lotsa charts'n'stuff
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:44 pm
Timing is late for me (I got tinnitus as I was studying for my boards, and a couple of years before I started HRT, but I bet all this didna' help. I say that from my non science side. But, since I respect clean double blind studies, I'll be quiet. Except to say I near pushed my gyno to prescribe hrt, since I've a swath of Alzheimer's in my family and at that time, hormones appeared to help.

I had a savvy md. No aspersions to him.

Plus there was the basketball...

I've been told this couldn't have had import, but I wasn't tuned in to dates and symptoms at the time, so I remain wondering. I have read head trauma can trigger hearing loss.

I got hit from behind cross court in dual directional basketball stands while I was watching another game. at Venice Beach.
Naturally, as Princess No Problem, I sloughed it all off. Still that ball hit me in the back of the head at speed. Timing on that is close, in my memory, but not annotated.

I ain't going to sue the city - though those courts changed not too long after. There's one more reason for my hearing loss, in that people with retinitis pigmentosa can have an accompanying hearing loss - oh, good, blind and deaf, let's test your sense of humor.

I remain interested.
0 Replies