My family betrayed me

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 08:27 pm
Went to a family bar mitzvah. The first grandchild of my closest sister, which I refer to as sister 2. Was told by my nephew who is giving the event no cousins are invited when the invites went out since my kids didn’t receive an invite. Then I found out I’m going to the event that my older other sister kids and grandchildren were all invited. I’ll refer to her sister number one. I was invited with a guest so I thought I’d bring my son who is single and alone before I did so I asked my nephew if cousins were invited at which point he told me they were not to keep the numbers down.
Then I talked to my sister number one and said to her actually sister number two and said to her I don’t know whether to bring my sister or not because I don’t wanna hurt any of the other cousins feelings since I understand none of them are invited. The only thing she told me was that sister number ones son wife and two kids were invited and then she went to this long explanation of why they were invited. The only thing she told me was that the wife and son and two kids were invited, however she never mentioned the other sister, other son and wife being invited who are stepchildren.
So I ended up bringing my son as my guest and my daughter and son-in-law were excluded. However, when I went to the event sister number ones children and grandchildren were all there. Conveniently, my nephew never told me about this and lied and also conveniently my sister number two never told me about this since she only mentioned a few of them. I was shocked. I’m very upset and I saw sister number two when I walked in and I said wow congrats but it seems like certain cousins made the cut. She walked away and started asking my son. What’s wrong with your mother? He said he was staying out of it.
Now I should’ve said that, but I was so shocked that was lied to by both my nephew and my sister. During the event, I tried to make up with my sister and she said I really love you but she still really seem mad until the very end even when I say goodbye she’s kind of shun me. I was attending the party so I was gonna find out either way. Was I lied to and I feel so hurt. Being oversensitive?

By the way, my niece who is sister number two’s daughter told me she was upset that both of my kids and my son works left out, particularly since sister number ones children and grandchildren were included. It seems I was the only one concerned about the other family members feelings and no one else gave a crap. They couldn’t even be honest with me so I didn’t walk into the event feeling totally betrayed. It’s put me in a very awkward situation, but I don’t feel I should be apologizing to my sister. I never would’ve reacted like that have I’ve been told the truth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 520 • Replies: 9

cherrie

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 09:26 pm
@Feelguilt321,

Why have you posted this story twice under two different user names?
alexleee

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 03:33 am
@Feelguilt321,
You were invited to your closest sister's grandchild’s bar mitzvah, but were told by your nephew organizing the event that cousins weren't invited to keep the numbers down. You found out that your older sister's children and grandchildren were invited, which contradicted what you were told. Feeling hurt and lied to by both your nephew and sister, you expressed your shock to your sister, which caused some tension. Despite trying to make up with her during the event, she seemed upset until the end.
perspectiveonthings

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 09:14 am
@alexleee,
What now?
Mame

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 02:09 pm
@perspectiveonthings,
You still haven't answered why you posted this twice under different user names.
perspectiveonthings

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2024 11:35 am
@Mame,
I don't know why that happened? I must have logged into an old account
Mame

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2024 02:24 pm
@perspectiveonthings,
Yeah, but you posted it twice. Anyway, what are you going to do?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 12:21 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Yeah, but you posted it twice. Anyway, what are you going to do?

Post it one more time? They say the third time is the charm.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 12:23 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You still haven't answered why you posted this twice under different user names.

It's a simple case of one sock not knowing what another is doing.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 12:25 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

Why have you posted this story twice under two different user names?

Try, try, try again? She's trying to round up a minion?
0 Replies