Voter/Election Fraud

ntprof

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2024 05:35 am
Accusations by both sides are a given, historically.

There is some admission and/or evidence of this fraud happening, however it seems to always be written off as 'Not enough to make a difference'.

Should anything be done about this?

If yes - what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,226 • Replies: 41

vikorr

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2024 04:03 pm
@ntprof,
Should anything be done about what, precisely

1. inconsequentially few people voting illegally?
2. Trumps false accusations of election fraud, proven in over 50 different courts
3. Trumps attempts to overturn a fair election with false accusation, which equals attempted fraud on a massive scale

What is it that you want something to be done about? And have not all the scenarios played out, or are being played out in court?
ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 06:46 am
@vikorr,
Never said I wanted anything done.
Never mentioned Trump.
There have been accusations and convictions of voter fraud, including the 2020 election.
I'm independent and looking to make an informed vote(s). If any v-fraud is happening, I'd consider it important.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 07:50 am
@ntprof,
ntprof wrote:

Never mentioned Trump.
There have been accusations and convictions of voter fraud, including the 2020 election.
I'm independent and looking to make an informed vote(s). If any v-fraud is happening, I'd consider it important.

Hogwash on your <<'both sides' are the threat therefore I'm independent>> sentimentality.

1. The United States had a system: Electronic Registration Information Center or ERIC.

Red states AKA Republicans withdrew their states from the national voter database - hence crippling it.

2. The great irony of voter fraud - as crime? All of the recent cases have been Republicans voting twice or more for Trump.

None of this is new. None of this is conspiracy theory. Those two points are recorded facts.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 08:10 am
@ntprof,
ntprof wrote:

Never mentioned Trump.

I can assure you that some voter fraud happens occasionally. Tens of millions of people are voting...and a few frauds are almost certain to happen.

But there is no evidence that there is systemic voter fraud...or that the occasional fraud is enough to actually change the results of an election.

The bullshit about the voter fraud in the 2020 election that supposedly caused Trump to lose is TOTAL FICTION...a product of the sick mind of a demented jackass, Trump himself...which was bought and propagated by the jackasses who essentially are his collaborators.
ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 09:29 am
@tsarstepan,
Please do not attempt to determine my intentions and I'll do the same for you. You can ask my intentions as will I to you. Your determination is incorrect, as often happens.

I am unaware of Republicans voting twice or more for Trump. I'm interested, so please provide sources so that I can be better informed.
ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 09:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
As you mentioned - there is some voter fraud that happens. Of which, some support Trump's assertions. There was also some VF that happened in 2016 and I presume before that. I'm trying to determine if "some" matters enough to move the needle in Nov.

It seems that some states utilize a system designed to eliminate the potential for VF, while others use a system that prioritizes VF differently.

I'm of the opinion that deterrence of and the elimination of all VF should be the #1 priority for all states.

Question: Do you include election-interference as a part of "voter fraud"?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 09:58 am
@ntprof,
ntprof wrote:

Please do not attempt to determine my intentions and I'll do the same for you. You can ask my intentions as will I to you. Your determination is incorrect, as often happens.

I am unaware of Republicans voting twice or more for Trump. I'm interested, so please provide sources so that I can be better informed.

Not my fault that you don't pay attention to the news. I'm not Google with photographic memory.

Iowa Republican activist found guilty of voter fraud

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud-print/search

I have a job. I don't have time to collect links for you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 10:18 am
@ntprof,
ntprof wrote:

As you mentioned - there is some voter fraud that happens. Of which, some support Trump's assertions. There was also some VF that happened in 2016 and I presume before that. I'm trying to determine if "some" matters enough to move the needle in Nov.

I personally doubt either the cheaters of the Republican Party or the cheaters of the Democratic Party are capable of changing "some cheating" into "enough cheating to move the needle nationwide." Most of the cheating is done on an individual basis. Neither side has been able to show a significant amount of coordinated voter fraud going on.

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that deterrence of and the elimination of all VF should be the #1 priority for all states.

See my response below.
Quote:

Question: Do you include election-interference as a part of "voter fraud"?

At times I do. There are judicial remedies that seem to be coping with that problem. Not entirely, of course, but to cope with it more than is currently being done could mean doing the very thing that supposedly is being remedied. I guess I am saying that if we want our democracy to prevail, we almost HAVE to tolerate a bit of cheating.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 10:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
ntprof wrote:

Weird that the OP has ignored... the one national preventative measure to this alleged widespread national problem:
tsarstepan wrote:

1. The United States had a system: Electronic Registration Information Center or ERIC.

Red states AKA Republicans withdrew their states from the national voter database - hence crippling it.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 11:03 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

ntprof wrote:

Weird that the OP has ignored... the one national preventative measure to this alleged widespread national problem:
tsarstepan wrote:

I do not know him at all, Steve, don't think I have interacted with him...and certainly not frequently.

Is he a right winger? Is he a Trumper?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 11:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Is he a right winger? Is he a Trumper?

They haven't been around for months to really gauge who they are. At face value? No. I suspect their ... sincere and truthful about being an independent. Perhaps a bit politically naive. Seems more believable and honest than say alleged fellow New Yorker (or I swore I heard they were from NYC), gollum.
ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
I pay attention to the news - not the propoganda. Recognizing and accepting the difference is important and challenging.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide sources. Back in the day - assertions were never/hardly-ever made w/o them. Today seems like the wild wild west at times.

0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Solid answers. Makes perfect sense...
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not ignored. Haven't researched yet. I also have a job.
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nah - I'm new. (Well - old - but new to A2K) Firmly independent. Tried both political sides and equally vomited. Not a right-winger, Trumper, Big-Guyer or any of the sort. I'll never drink a beer with any of em and could care less who they slept with. Just gathering information to make my best choice.
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
Fair assessment. I'm sure I will piss you off at some point. If so, let me know and we'll sort it out.

You are correct - admittedly politically naive. Also purposely. Can't stand lawyers and most politicians are lawyers.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 12:56 pm
@ntprof,
I think that voter suppression is the real scandal.

Mass Purges Are the New Voter Suppression

Stacking the deck: How the GOP works to suppress minority voting

Voter Suppression

And, to make an attempt to be even-handed, this is from 2015:

How Democrats Suppress The Vote
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 01:01 pm
What's the matter, ntprof? You don't think voter suppression is an issue?
ntprof

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2024 06:34 am
@hightor,
At face-value, of course voter suppression would be an issue. Do you think anyone disagrees with that?