Should I let him go, or give him one more try :'(?

Reply Thu 29 Feb, 2024 07:03 am
I(33F) met this Dutch guy(30M) on a dating app last August. We're both looking for something serious(AKA 'the one') Last October, we dated twice and clicked instantly. After that, I left his country. We decided to delete our dating apps and date each other exclusively(not a relationship) 2 months ago.

Fast forward to now, we've been talking to each other online for around 6 months, and I'm planning to go back to the Netherlands in a month. However, since last month, he's been feeling a bit depressed and we started to talk less. He said I can't expect the flame to be passionate as always especially I'm the one who moved across back to my country after 2 dates.

Last week, I deactivated my Instagram account, and he thought I blocked him. He got mad and went back to the dating app for 'distraction', but later when I asked him if he wanted to keep or delete the dating apps, he said he hasn't made a decision yet.

I understand we're not in a relationship, but I thought we had this agreement we'd only date each other. He said he's been more faithful and honest than any normal person should be for 2 dates because he likes me, and he emphasized he's just scrolling and we're not in a relationship. He said it's completely fine to date other people, but he hasn't. I don't get why it's fine to date other people when we agreed to date exclusively?

All the time, when I brought this issue up, he felt I was trying to argue with him, while I was trying to make things clear. I asked him about his intention on the dating app, he said "No intention. My intention is to go on date 3 with you."

And when I told him I feel it doesn't make sense that after we've been talking to each other for 6 months & 2 dates, he said 'Doesn't make sense? Not like I went on dates or anything."

I told him if he's gonna date others, I'll leave immediately. I just don't feel comfortable when he told me "I miss you.", "I like you" etc. while talking to other girls and keeping his options open.

I appreciate he was willing to delete dating apps while I couldn't date him in real life for 4-5 months, but I'm wondering if I'm asking too much? I don't get why he said he's serious about me and still wants to be on dating apps talking to others. I feel my needs are not being met. I don't feel comfortable pretending nothing happened and continuing talking to him.

If you were me, would you decide after meeting up in real life again? Or you'll directly move on?

Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 265 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2024 06:53 pm
You gotta ask? How much emotional punishment are you up for?
0 Replies