I'm a slacker and a bitch

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:55 pm
FreeDuck
Cut yourself some slack, girl. You're probably feeling sluggish because of a-holes like him to begin with. I know that being around such people really brings me down.
My boss is a bitch, but she stays out of my face now because I showed her how much of a bitch I can be when I'm being treated with disrespect.

She respects me now and is sweet as pie to me.

You did exactly what I would have done, so on that note, bravo! :-D

I hope you feel better soon. We all have our times of sluggishness, so don't beat yourself up ;-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:34 pm
Ah, thanks for all the support. I feel better now after having sent my resume out to a few different companies.

Yeah, it was all in terms of computers. He gets this little look on his face like he's exasperated from having to explain something to a stupid child. I don't know how to explain it. But he did it and I did it right back, so he did it again, and I just wouldn't stop doing it until he stopped, which he finally did.

In the end, we came to an agreement about the solution to his problem. Well, a rough agreement anyway. I said, well there's the answer, you need to do this, you could do this 1 way or the other way but either way you need to do this. So he starts in with, well 1 way would never work because (some incomprehensible reason) and I cut him off and said loudly, "oh christ almighty, whatever". That was a bit of a shock for my cube neighbors because they're not used to me being that loud.

Now it's kind of funny, but after he was gone I just felt a little guilty.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
**Cheering from the bleachers for you!**
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:08 pm
FreeDuck--

Some times it is necessary to be a Computer Wiz and softpedal Tea Party behavior.

You raised your voice.....and he listened.

The people in nearby cubicles were probably making book as to just when you would snap.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:37 pm
Lady J wrote:
**Cheering from the bleachers for you!**

<sitting and cheering next to Lady J> ;-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:40 pm
You guys are the best.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:28 pm
Right back at ya FreeDuck ;-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:09 pm
Go FreeDuck.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:12 pm
<sliding over>

Here, you can sit next to me.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:16 pm
Free Duck --

It sounds like that guy was a major jerk and you tried to be as professional and patient as possible for as long as possible. He finally just got on your last nerve. After all, you're only human! Sounds like he got what he deserved.

Try to forget about it, and put it behind you. Have a good weekend.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear you're sending out resumes. When you get a nice new job, and it's your last day at this one -- you should kick that guy in the ding dong! Razz
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:27 pm
That guilty feeling after you really stick it someone who deserves it is pretty common. Depends on how you handle conflict. I work with some of the groups in my area of responsibility in conflict resolution in the workplace using the Thomas-Killman instrument, it helps people understand how they handle conflict and why they feel like they do.

Anyway good for you, he deserved it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:41 pm
The Thomas-Killman instrument being something like a big stick? Dandy conflict resoultion tool.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:20 am
I haven't read that opinion about it roger, I'm keen to know more about that view of it though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:22 am
Keen . . . oh god, that cracks me up . . .

I'm so easily amused . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:30 am
Wadya want me to say Set? - "up yours roger" - I'm too polite for that, besides I really want to know a different opinion about it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:34 am
It was the word "keen" which amused me . . . it has rather fallen into disrepute among "cool" dudes here in the land of the free (yeah, sure) and the home of the brave . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:44 am
Was it some sort of fashionable word that gets overworked, abused and then dumped? Like "sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" which was popular here for far too long.

Anyway it worked for me in the context I was using it. I mean I didn't want to sound "eager" so "keen" seemed apt.

I am now keen to get the thread back on track and eager to avoid a biffing from people ticked with the thread going sideways..... Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:46 am
Screw the thread . . . anyhoo, Miss Duck is content with it as it is now . . . she's had her say, gotten relief and lot's of good support.

"Keen" and "peachy keen" were the sorts of expressions one once heard from boy scouts overdosing on sugar cookies. It definitely became very "uncool" to use such words in the 1950's and later.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:52 am
Ahhhh - got it now. The verbal equivalent of platform shoes and flares. We look back and wonder how we could speak/look like that.

Fashion - for years it has been making the ridiculous temporarily acceptable.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:04 am
When bell-bottom pants came in again in the 1960's, my grandmother would roll her eyes and point out that "bags" were popular in the 1920's, and that they looked as ridiculous then as they did now . . .
0 Replies