I'm a slacker and a bitch

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:07 pm
I've been screwing off all week. Partly because I solved a really big problem and need to rest my brain, partly because I'm disgruntled.

The neighborhood pain in the ass who I've talked about on another thread came in to my cube today with his airs and his authoritative ignorance and I just ripped him a bunch of new ones. I didn't even try to be nice. I gave him back every tone of voice and facial expression that he gave me. It felt good and bad at the same time.

Now here it is, 4:00. Still time to get something done before 5 but will I? No. I just can't bring myself too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,966 • Replies: 90
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
Good work, Boss, now if you can just piss in his coffee, too . . .
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
Sadly, with our coffee, I don't think he'd taste the difference.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:11 pm
Whoa . . . we're talkin' bottom of the barrel, eh?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:14 pm
Very bottom. Ah well, I feel better having spilled my guts. I'll have to work on my temper, I think.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:17 pm
yeah you do.

why did you wait until now to tell him how you feel?
That Som-a-beech come at me like that I would put him in his place.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
Oh, I didn't tell him how I feel. I just shouted him down like he was the stupidest person ever to touch a computer and he didn't know ****. Which happens to be exactly how he talks to me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:23 pm
good girl
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:25 pm
From time to time now, you'll need to stand just at the outer edge of his peripheral vision, and stare at him malevolently. When he gets that creepy feeling and looks up, hiss through your teeth and walk away slowly, staring daggers at him the entire time. If he complains to anyone else, just tut-tut about the poor man losing his grip . . .

Who, sweet little old innocent me ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:27 pm
I don't really feel so great about it though. Maybe it's the combination of that and my slacking that has me feeling not so good about myself just now. Yes, he deserved it, but the last thing I want to do is act like him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:28 pm
Setanta wrote:
From time to time now, you'll need to stand just at the outer edge of his peripheral vision, and stare at him malevolently. When he gets that creepy feeling and looks up, hiss through your teeth and walk away slowly, staring daggers at him the entire time. If he complains to anyone else, just tut-tut about the poor man losing his grip . . .

Who, sweet little old innocent me ? ! ? ! ?

Laughing You're killing me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:32 pm
Since the only thing that bullies respond to is being bullied, I'm pretty sure you did the right thing.

I was going to make a humorous post about this, but couldn't get the tone right.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:05 pm
I was that way last week after my big DOL audit - highly satisfying, by the way. Sadly, I only had friday to scew off.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:08 pm
Sometimes, a unilateral offensive is the only way.

Congratulations. I will sign you up with the neocons and send you the complimentary toaster.

Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:14 pm
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think you are a slacker.

Just a bitch.

:wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:59 pm
Oy - I know just how you feel.

It DOES feel bad when you just yell at someone, acting like them, and don't address why you feel that way.

That being said, I am by no means sure that addressing the stuff as one would with most reasonable folk would do a damned bit of good.

Has this?

Any changes in behaviour?

Sometimes idiots (socially speaking) cannot respond to anything else but loud bangs, fluffed up tails, bodies puffed up to twice their size and presented to look as big as possible, loud yowls, springiest of springbok leaps, the loudest brachiating, and a damn fine reaming out.

Forget, for chrissake, about the "slacking".

You are just having a small and necessary period of fallowness. Under your soil, the worms are busy.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((FD)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Here - have a drink....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
Quote:
the only thing that bullies respond to is being bullied, I'm pretty sure you did the right thing.

you hit the nail on the head, DrewDad.
shite-fer-brains'll think twice before invading your space next time...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:13 pm
If it was all in terms of computers, it sounds like this was just the kind of thing that E.G. was recommending. Better yet if he was humiliated in front of a crowd, but it sounds like you were schooling him in no uncertain terms. Could accomplish something, especially given how long you were patient (i.e. an outburst right off the bat gets you far fewer points than an outburst this far along and after umpteen provocations...)

And totally about fallow/ worms. (They tickle tho.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:20 pm
Yes - but it's a FECUND tickle!

(Man, how I loved watching the worms in my garden blossom and be fruitful and multiply as I improved the soil!!!! Er - I seem to be missing a garden!)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:33 pm
FreeDuck--

Good for you. How did he react?

Assertive women are very likeable people--in the Best Circles.
0 Replies