A new low...even for liberal anti-war protesters

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:37 pm
woiyo wrote:
Their statements echoed the words of Cindy Sheehan herself, who on Monday was asked by MSNBC's Chris Matthews, "If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?" Sheehan answered, "I don't think so, Chris, because I believe that Afghanistan is almost the same thing."

"But Afghanistan was harboring the Taliban, was harboring al Qaeda, which is the group that attacked us on 9/11," Matthews said.

"Well, then we should have gone after al Qaeda and maybe not the country of Afghanistan," Sheehan said."

She apparently is not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Her exchange with Matthews is in the video montage at the link I previously posted ... HERE.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:38 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn she doesn't really think she's channelling her son, but is only saying what she thinks will further her cause.

from what i can find, she doesn't and never has claimed to be pulling a seth.

simply, she has said what she believes the kid is thinking up in heaven and what he will say when she gets there.

looks to have started on worldnetdaily. as a question.

Quote:
By Joe Kovacs
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Casey Sheehan

Is Cindy Sheehan now "channeling" her slain son, Casey, from heaven?

worldnetdaily.com

so really, she is in this case, not doing anything that millions of people of faith don't do every day of the week.

i find it interesting that the site "catholic answers forum" nixed a thread about this;

Quote:
Robert Bay vbmenu_register("postmenu_898844", true);

Re: Cindy Sheehan now clames to be channeling Casey. She need help and prayers.

Thread closed

Reason: lack of charity

If you folks want to have discussions in this forum, your going to have to do it in a charitable manner.

catholic answers forum

busted.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I got yer diversion and false analogies right here, Set ...

This is a sterling example of the quality of Tico's forensic style of late. You under a lot of stress lately, Tico? You gettin' enough sleep? We worry about you, you know.

I think I'm spending too much time with liberals.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:41 pm
We don't think you are, we know you are . . . but we've been too courteous to tell you to take a hike.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:44 pm
Setanta wrote:
We don't think you are, we know you are . . . but we've been too courteous to tell you to take a hike.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:46 pm
From the WND article DTOM cited:

WND wrote:

The anti-war activist is suggesting he's calling President Bush "an idiot," and she claims to have "tens of thousands of angels" supporting her cause to bring home immediately American troops serving in Iraq.

"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said in a speech last night upon her return to Crawford, Texas. "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot. You didn't know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn't know what you were getting into.'"

She publicly thanked her son and others who died in the Iraq War, and claimed to have the backing of Casey and his fellow fallen soldiers in the afterlife.

"I know that they are in heaven," Sheehan said, "and I know that that's why this movement is growing because we have tens of thousands of angels behind us that are supporting us, that are saying, 'Well, you know we died and that was really crappy, but we hope that our deaths are going to make the world a better place,' and it's up to us to make sure that it does."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
Setanta wrote:

Well, good job, Set. I know being courteous isn't your strong suit.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:49 pm
Setanta wrote:
Tico alleges, and i have no reason to doubt that, The Portsmouth Herald wrote:
Natalie Healy of Exeter, whose son was killed in Afghanistan on June 28 . . .

Ah, the conservatives do love diversion and false analogies. Miss Healy's son died in a worthy cause in what has properly been seen since the outset as the war on terrorism--in Afghanistan. That is not the case with the son of Miss Sheehan.

my belief as well, set.

but even if her boy was killed in iraq, i'd still support her right to say her thing. without slime and without avarice. and without visiting violence on her rally.

as i do those at camp reality and fort qualls.

i understand their beliefs. really, i do.

i just don't agree with them. seems simple enuff to me.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:52 pm
woiyo wrote:
Not according to Ms. Sheehan. She believes BOTH wars are wrong.

as an american citizen she has the right to believe whatever she wishes.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:58 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

WND wrote:

The anti-war activist is suggesting he's calling President Bush "an idiot," and she claims to have "tens of thousands of angels" supporting her cause to bring home immediately American troops serving in Iraq.

"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said in a speech last night upon her return to Crawford, Texas. "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot. You didn't know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn't know what you were getting into.'"

She publicly thanked her son and others who died in the Iraq War, and claimed to have the backing of Casey and his fellow fallen soldiers in the afterlife.

"I know that they are in heaven," Sheehan said, "and I know that that's why this movement is growing because we have tens of thousands of angels behind us that are supporting us, that are saying, 'Well, you know we died and that was really crappy, but we hope that our deaths are going to make the world a better place,' and it's up to us to make sure that it does."

well ? what ?

don't you believe in heaven ? don't you believe in heavenly beings and the reality of the finger of the almighty in our everyday lives ?

don't you believe in an afterlife ?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:09 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Not according to Ms. Sheehan. She believes BOTH wars are wrong.

as an american citizen she has the right to believe whatever she wishes.

As usual, you take bits and pieces to further some silly point you may be trying to make.

So you can frame my response in context, I will remind you that Setanta had a different opinion than Ms. Sheehan and I was pointing that out to Setanta.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:21 pm
I can't wait until something displaces this story in the news.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

WND wrote:

well ? what ?

Context.

Quote:
don't you believe in heaven ?

Yes ... you?

Quote:
don't you believe in heavenly beings

Yes ... you?

Quote:
... and the reality of the finger of the almighty in our everyday lives ?

Yes ... you?

Quote:
don't you believe in an afterlife ?

Yes ... you?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:23 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I can't wait until something displaces this story in the news.

You and me both.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
kickycan wrote:
You seem to make this claim alot. Along with the reverse claim when you don't understand someone else's words, that they have difficulty explaining things.

Indeed. It seems much of my time is spent trying to explain things to people, or asking for better explanations from them.

This from the same Tico that the other day wanted to explain others about irony Razz
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:45 pm
nimh wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
kickycan wrote:
You seem to make this claim alot. Along with the reverse claim when you don't understand someone else's words, that they have difficulty explaining things.

Indeed. It seems much of my time is spent trying to explain things to people, or asking for better explanations from them.

This from the same Tico that the other day wanted to explain others about irony Razz

Are you trying to be subtle again?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
WND wrote:
"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said [..] "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot.

This is supposed to be suggested evidence about

WND wrote:
Cindy Sheehan now "channeling" her slain son

Question

Good god. Thats beyond pathetic.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
What would you call it, nimh? It's not "channelling," it's _______________.

Question
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 02:44 pm
dlowan wrote:
I have no need to "come to her defence in substance".

It behoves you slimers to attack her with something of substance.

As I have repeatedly said, if you attack her with reasoned debate and substance, I have no problem.

It is the nature of the attack that I react to.

One question for you.

If her words are quoted and commented on,how is that an attack?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
What would you call it, nimh? It's not "channelling," it's _______________.

Question

Oh god almighty man, get a grip. I dont even believe in heaven and even I can easily imagine myself saying, "I can just hear T. say, 'good grief'" - or something of the like (T. being my late mom).

Channeling is actually claiming you can physically voice the actual word of a dead person. Whereas going, for example, "I can just hear her saying, 'boy, ya done good'" or "And I just know that when I meet her up in heaven, she's gonna say 'oh, and about those Labour folks? Ya were right, of course'", or any some such turn of phrase one might go about, is not "channeling". Its just a way of talking.

Badly missing here: sense of proportion. Take off yer "zoom in on political enemy, unveil the hidden vileness and insanity that must be there" glasses, take a step back, and imagine its yer neighbour, estranged uncle, third cousin twice removed, old study mate, dotty gardener, local pub owner talking. There might not be anything behind it, ya know. Unless you really want to find something there.

WND article is example in case. Put any of those regular folks (neighbour, uncle, cousin, etc) under their determined glare and theyll find something to prove hes criminally insane as well as disgustingly vile. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies