I need relationship help at 27

Fri 1 Sep, 2023 12:17 pm
I need relationship help. I'm 27 and a half and worried about not finding someone else but at the same time I don't know if the below is healthy?

We live together and he's 26.

Things he has done:

Says we've been somewhere when we haven't (e.g - Never been to the Ivy but when I said in front of my mum I hadn't he said YES WE HAVE, a lie)

Makes the weekend a bit confusing as I never know what he wants to do - in reality he wants to go and see his friends and makes it a bit confusing until we see them

On a weekend when I have to study goes to the pub with his ex there - whilst bombarding me w texts saying would I feel uncomfortable if he goes? Knowing she creates drama and we usually as a unit avoid seeing her as it's a lot of hassle.

Gets annoyed if I go to bed and don't watch TV with him, when I have work the next day

Goes into a thick mood and I don't often no why

Tells me I am aggressive if we ever argue or squabble - when I'm not even raising my voice just standing up for myself

If we cook something he won't let me google how to do it even if he doesn't know/doesn't let me google anything always says he knows like directions etc and we often get lost

Doesn't just want to chill some weekends always has to see friends

V big ego at work - says no one 'listen's to him when he is 26 and inexperienced.

Went in a mood when I wanted to drive somewhere once because he can't drive and didn't want to be 'embarrassed'

Told my good friend that I go to sleep at 8:30pm every night, which is untrue and I did it once when I felt unwell, was weird and embarrassing having to defend myself

My mum doesn't like him either for his moods at my parents house.

We do get on really well and have all the same interests and like to be social but also watch films in the week etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,329 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mame

Fri 1 Sep, 2023 03:08 pm
@lilypelie,
I don't think he's for you.

1. Lies
2. Restricting what you do
3. Bossing you around
4. His ego is more important than you
5. Makes immature decisions
6. He's controlling

Go find someone more mature. He's acting like he's a preteen.
glitterbag

Fri 1 Sep, 2023 11:34 pm
@Mame,
What can she possibly enjoy about him? He makes her feel like crap and she likes it? I should introduce her to my first husband, we would set her world on fire.
0 Replies

cherrie

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 12:10 am
@lilypelie,
lilypelie wrote:

I'm 27 and a half

Never in my life have I heard an adult say their age like this. Doesn't this usually stop when a kid is about 10?
glitterbag

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 12:27 am
@cherrie,
True, but apparently when you get to your 80's you do like to add the fraction.
roger

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 12:40 am
@glitterbag,
I'm 79 and a quarter. Got a problem with that?
glitterbag

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 12:45 am
@roger,
Yeah!!!!, but I don't know why. I'll get back later.
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 08:54 am
@glitterbag,
LOL @ True, but apparently when you get to your 80's you do like to add the fraction.
glitterbag

Sat 2 Sep, 2023 07:20 pm
@Mame,
When (or if) I turn 80 I'm going to tell people I'm 90. If they don't immediately tell me I look wonderful for 90 I will be vexed.
Mame

Sun 3 Sep, 2023 08:01 am
@glitterbag,
Ha ha ha ha It's funny, isn't it, how when we get older we're so proud to tell our age? Like we've 'survived' or something.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 3 Sep, 2023 08:20 am
@lilypelie,
lilypelie wrote:

I need relationship help. I'm 27 and a half and worried about not finding someone else but at the same time I don't know if the below is healthy?

We live together…

Up front you state your concern about whether or not you’ll find someone else. I’ll site my own experience as an example. At 66 years of age, I found someone else and were happily together 7 years later. Not only will you find someone else, you’ll find someone else who’ll make you happy and put your well-being at the the forefront.

Don’t let your insecurities or fears get in the way of happiness. You suspect this relationship is not healthy. Your suspicion is correct. Do something for yourself and put this all in the rear view mirror. He doesn’t seem to have your best interests at heart.

Good luck and check back in with us and let us know how you’re doing.
0 Replies

lilypelie

Sun 3 Sep, 2023 12:40 pm
@Mame,
These are the pros:

• If I ask him to go somewhere/get something for me and I cant he will do it for me

• He makes my pack lunches for work

• He gets me lovely gifts for my birthday

• He is consistent and doesn’t play games

• We are good when we go out together/good dynamic at getting on with friends

• We have the same interests of going out/films/etc

• Is loving towards me

• We have a laugh

• Sends me flowers when I have been studying

• We enjoy going for big walks in the week

• Wants the same things out of a lifestyle

I just don't want to let go of something accidentally...
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 7 Sep, 2023 12:57 pm
@Mame,
As stated well by a wise person, Mame, these were the downsides :

1. Lies
2. Restricting what you do
3. Bossing you around
4. His ego is more important than you
5. Makes immature decisions
6. He's controlling

Go find someone more mature. He's acting like he's a preteen.

If you think it’s a mistake breaking off a living-together relationship , then why not try a dating relationship?
glitterbag

Thu 7 Sep, 2023 10:23 pm
@Ragman,
Listen to Ragman, your guy is a detriment and not a lot of fun. You can buy your own flowers, dump him.
0 Replies