My husband keeps searching up his ex on facebook

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 05:13 pm
So me and my husband have been married for about 6 months but have known each other for about 12 years. I always wanted to be with him during those 12 years. I knew he was the one but we were young and it took him some growing up to do before we got serious. I’m now expecting our first child and have never had any doubts about him. Pregnancy has been hard between the sickness, fatigue, and hormones and I know I haven’t been the best wife I could have. He’s never been secretive and often leaves his phone around and sometimes I go through it, more of a just for fun thing instead of a suspicion thing. He knows I go through his phone on occasion. Well in the past couple days I went through it and saw he searched up his ex on Facebook. It really hurt my feelings as this certain ex is a sensitive subject for me because back when we were young he chose her over me. So when I saw that it really hurt. I googled similar situations and saw that a lot of people said it’s usually just a curiosity kinda thing. I’ve never had Facebook because social media has never been my thing. When I saw he looked her up it hurt but I decided to let it go and just try to start focusing on being a better wife by paying him extra attention, cooking, and everything. Everything has been great and I started feeling more assured. Well he left his phone out again and I looked through it honestly not expecting to find anything but to see that he’s been searching her numerous times. I guess I’m just wondering is this a normal thing? Are my hormones clouding my judgement? I’m in my 6 month of pregnancy so I’m feeling really insecure and he’s looked her up probably 4 times this past month. There’s no contact but still. How should I go forward with this? I don’t think I can just ignore it anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,239 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 08:37 pm
@needsomeadviceasap,
Probably just idle curiosity. I doubt you have anything to worry about.
0 Replies

seylen

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 02:37 am
@needsomeadviceasap,
The best thing to do, of course, is to talk and ask him why he was looking for her and tell him how you feel about it. I can check out exes' profiles, I'm just curious about their lives, but I have no feelings or attraction to any of them, it's just curiosity.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 02:29 pm
@needsomeadviceasap,
That's what you get from snooping into things that aren't yours. You are very insecure in your relationship and here you've been married only for 6 months. Now you're trying everything to make sure he's happy - cooking, being extra attentive and so on. What the hell is he doing for you? He should be the one pampering you and not the other way around.

I think you'd benefit from counseling you seem very insecure within yourself and your relationship. I bet that you thought having a kid right after getting married would be a good idea and tie him further to you. You've been married 6 months and you're 6 months pregnant. Never a good idea!!

Please take care of yourself and your baby, that's most important now and should be your first priority!
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 08:44 pm
@needsomeadviceasap,
I would be wondering why as well. I don't know the whereabouts of ANY of my ex's and don't want to. I can't imagine why anyone would.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 05:11 pm
@needsomeadviceasap,
Don't go looking for things you don't want find. You just may get the wrong idea.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 05:14 pm
@seylen,
And explain why you were accidentally looking up his searches on his phone he left out unlocked?

Baaaaaaad idea. May I pop in and search your phone without your knowledge??? It was unlocked.
Medusax

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2023 05:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
If you are my SO in whatever capacity, yes. Because I would have nothing to hide. When I was married/otherwise involved there were no questionable contacts or texts of any kind. I could have handed my phone to "God" and been fine.
0 Replies