Is my boyfriend being too clingy or am I not interested in our relationship enough?

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 12:17 pm
Met my boyfriend 2 years ago and things seemed to move fast. I've always felt he was trying to "replace" his ex wife with me (or someone who would want to commit and live together quickly).
We do get along and care for each other a lot but before I knew it I was leasing an apt with him about an hour from my home. The idea was for me to live there part-time until I sold my house.
Fast forward to today. I never liked the apt (nothing personal to him). We got along but I missed my home. Told him not ready to sell. So time for lease renewal and even though I told him I wasn't' interested in renewing but he of course could do so himself, the lease renewal still had my name on it. I told him I wasn't willing to co sign again especially since the "plan" on living there wasn't going to happen. He blamed me for not telling him I wasn't going to sign the renewal but I said I already told him (I didn't sign I wasn't signing, I said I wasn't interested in renewing, which is the same thing).

so I got my name off of the renewal but I can tell he is pissed. He clearly qualified for the lease but must be thinking I don't want to be with him.
He was also upset that he offered to come see me this past week but I discouraged him because I wasn't feeling well and just lost a family friend and frankly, wanted to be alone. I offered to see him tomorrow and stay a few days and he said ok but I'm feeling like I'm suffocating. It seems I can never be with him enough. He also complained "I can't even get you to come here 2 days a week" and "I feel like I'm chasing you". I understand that we are used to seeing each other on weekends but the last 2 weeks have been unusual circumstances (I also had some emergencies at work I had to deal with on top of everything).

Am I not making enough of an effort or is he too clingy? Unlike me, he barely works so he gets lonely even though he has plenty of friends and some family in his area.

Mame

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:24 pm
@feelingguilty1623,
How many times are you going to ask the same question? Until you get the answer you want?

https://able2know.org/topic/575042-1#post-7316779

You got great advice here, now stop posting the same question over and over.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 04:51 pm
@Mame,
She has a split personality. The advice she elicited from the first OP worked fine for personality A, but personality B has some qualms.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 10:00 am
@feelingguilty1623,
feelingguilty1623 wrote:

Am I not making enough of an effort or is he too clingy? Unlike me, he barely works so he gets lonely even though he has plenty of friends and some family in his area.

Clingy?! Two years is a decent length for a relationship to not consider it a relatively serious one. It seems you already have one foot out of the proverbial door. I bet your partner doesn't look forward to moving back into a long distance relationship. Break up with him already. He deserves so much better than your half-hearted attempt at a relationship.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 01:31 pm
@feelingguilty1623,
Are you asking us if you are leading this guy on or not? Cause you are.
0 Replies