Is my boyfriend being too selfish?

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2022 07:18 am
Dating someone steadily over a year and we are 50 miles apart. He encouraged me to lease an apartment with him starting in July. I normally wouldn’t have done this so fast but I feel confident in our relationship and it is now a two bedroom apartment rather than in the one bedroom he lived in before.

Also since I was cutting back at work starting in July it made sense that I would live in the apartment half of the week and then come home the other half of the week to work part time. I really enjoy his area and thought it would give us a chance to see each and develop a relationship further.

His idea was that I would sell my house sooner rather than later and essentially move into the apartment but my idea was that I would do it gradually over a period of months.

Weeks ago I started not feeling well and I pushed myself to go there because I knew he expected me to come in but the second day I felt even more sick so I came home.

I’ve noticed that he doesn’t text me good night like he used over the last few weeks. He does call sometimes which he has done in the past. He expected me to come this weekend but I’m still not feeling well and the doctors are still running tests. I had mentioned to him that I miss him and he was welcome to come to my home. But he was said that he just got a flu shot and that he was it was going to be rainy so I said I’d be better off just resting

Well he called me last night to see how I was doing he mentioned that maybe I can come back to the apartment later this week and spend an extra long weekend to “catch up“ (there’s a holiday starting Wednesday.

My concern is that I am the one sacrificing and giving up my home eventually at my hometown even though I’m not opposed to living in his area which is generally very nice and nicer than where I live. It seems like he expects me to keep on running there And doesn’t expect to reciprocate which is fine but under the circumstances since I wasn’t feeling well it would’ve been nice if he had shown up and try to lift my spirits since whatever I have is apparently not contagious.

Am I making mistake pursuing this relationship or should I bail out now just as an FYI he’s not the kind of guy to spoil me nor do I need somebody to spoil me he but he is usually a very caring person and has a good heart but he doesn’t necessarily show it

roger

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2022 10:40 am
@Feelguilt321,
I stopped when I saw he wanted you to sell your house. I can't say why that would be a bad idea, but I also can't imagine him suggesting you do it. Maybe it's just because it sounds like a very one sided commitment.

If I were in your position, I would have to let him go.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2022 02:06 pm
@Feelguilt321,
I agree with Roger, why is your boyfriend interested that you sell your house?

If you want to see how the two of you get along in the new apartment together, you can rent out your house for 1 year and see how it works. Do not sell your home!!
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Mame

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 11:27 am
@PoliteMight,
PoliteMight wrote:

I have five sisters, work with women, along with one side of the family being girls, and this is my advice.

Do you somehow think this qualifies you to give advice about/to women??

All you seem to think about is using women for sex; you're forever inserting comments about it in just about every post you make:

PoliteMight wrote:
Your house has not one thing to do with whichever guy who puts his cock inside of you.

PoliteMight wrote:
That property is worth infinity times more then whichever cod-piece that vibrates into you.

You're quite the sick little dude.
jcboy

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 11:51 am
@Mame,
That dude aint right Razz
Mame

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:16 pm
@jcboy,
Sick.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 05:07 pm
@Mame,
I am dude I can not help the way I am born. Their is nothing wrong with me, as they age I stay the same. The only thing keeping me limited is some girl looking at me like a human-tool/wallet/shofer/psychiatrist playing daddy-fetish. That is the end-defeatism with most men. They let some girl dominate them with their womb and before you know it all the life has been sucked out of him.

( my opinion ) This "Boyfriend" is being a class of bloodsucker/parasite. He ( or she ) has no right to push their partner in any financial activities. Next he will be dipping into her account and liquidating her assets if any.

He has his and she has her as it is meant to be. But selling the property is a big no-no.

No you may not see what is in my crypto-wallet. It has nothing to do with each other. Tons of people being drained because of "love". No children along with a beggar looking for people to work for her/him.

0 Replies

Feelguilt321

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 10:07 pm
Fast forward.
I leased the apt for a year with him and kept my house. He started pushing me to consider buying a house with him and selling mine a few months ago. After some thought I told him I’d like to keep my home especially because the home prices are so high.
Then he said he would continue the lease and pay it himself. Next thing I know he’s telling me to renew the lease with him. What? I told him tonight I won’t do that because my signatures not necessary since he has plenty of money( that’s what he has told me before).
He was pissed and said I should have told him I wasn’t signing a renewal but I said I told him I didn’t like the apt at least not to live which he understood when i told him weeks ago and then he kept on saying when he renews not when we renew.
I think he just wanted me to stay with him as much as possible and by me not renewing with him he feels like I’m rejecting that idea.

Am I wrong? I just don’t want to co-sign a $50,000 lease for 10 months when I’ll only visit. If my bf really intends to pay it all for this year perhaps he didn’t have an ill motive in asking me?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 10:37 pm
@Feelguilt321,
Don't sign the lease. It doesn't matter what his intentions are (good, bad or indifferent) It would not be smart to sell your house.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 04:15 pm
@Feelguilt321,
What glitterbag said! Don't c0-sign a lease for $50k while you only visit.
Keep your house as it is a good income for you and real estate prices are rising (depending where you are).

I am not sure where you're heading with him as I wouldn't trust him across the street. Look what other options are out there for you, this guy doesn't have your best interest at heart. Good luck!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is my boyfriend being too selfish?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:20:39