The Singularity has Arrived but it’s not what everyone thought..

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 05:24 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
You just need to test whether it is the real thing and can be trusted.

What the **** do you think I’ve been saying. Why are you settling for an imaginary/hoped for God. Are YOU afraid to test yourself?

And good morning to you.

Jasper10

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 06:15 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm not afraid to test myself Leadfoot.

I'm not settling for an imaginary God either. Of what use is an imaginary God?

I hope in a God who exists.

Of what use is it to hope in a God who doesn't exist?

izzythepush

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 06:30 am
@Jasper10,
You're too scared to put up any of your suppised theories to the test.

You lack the language skills to even articulate your ideas constantly resorting to vague meaningless banalities.

You don't seem to understand actual science at all.

All of your posts amount to one long anguished bowel movement of despair.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 06:39 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I hope in a God who exists.

Not clear at all. Which is it.
You hope in a God you hope exists?
Or,
You hope in a God you are absolutely sure/know exists?

This isn’t an inquisition, I would not condemn either answer, and my opinion should not matter to you anyway. I’m just swapping stories with you. Have heard the one about + - already.
Jasper10

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 07:09 am
@Leadfoot,
Well, if we take your options. I would go for the second option and would say I hope in a God that I am "persuaded exists", is a better description.
Leadfoot

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 12:12 pm
@Jasper10,
I was hoping for a more definitive answer, one or the other, so I still don’t know what you mean.
Do you mean your best/hopefully educated guess?

Hell, I’ll discuss educated guesses and what they were based on. I never asked you for absolute proof.
Jasper10

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 12:01 am
@Leadfoot,
It’s not an educated guess to reason that if one doesn’t exist,has never existed and never will exist, it is impossible to claim anything at all,however,if one does exist it is possible to claim something that is incorrect?
Jasper10

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 01:07 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that matter by it very make up and how it all fits together is balanced and dualistic.

I have mentioned many times that the only way to balance the electromagnetic forces of nature is if you balance a + and - force with a + and - force to produce a vibratory balance.This isn’t a guess.

I have also mentioned that this is the only way one can balance the consciousness experience.This isn’t a guess either.

I don’t guess.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 04:54 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
It’s not an educated guess to reason that if one doesn’t exist,has never existed and never will exist, it is impossible to claim anything at all,however,if one does exist it is possible to claim something that is incorrect?
That was not what I asked (and you damn well know it) and I won’t waste any more time with your dishonest posts.
Jasper10

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 04:59 am
@Leadfoot,
Well I can only guess what educated guess you are referring to if you don't give more information.
Jasper10

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 07:23 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that in nature we have a balanced electromagnetic, dualistic, standoff which unites the sciences.

+/- = +/- (i.e. VIBRATING electromagnetic fields)

Pass an electrical signal (thought?) through these fields and it will vibrate (sinusoidal waveform) as well due to the push/pull forces imposed upon it.

BillW

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 07:52 am
Dwan Ev ceremoniously soldered the final connection with gold. The eyes of a dozen television cameras watched him and the subether bore throughout the universe a dozen pictures of what he was doing.
He straightened and nodded to Dwar Reyn, then moved to a position beside the switch that would complete the contact when he threw it. The switch that would connect, all at once, all of the monster computing machines of all the populated planets in the universe -- ninety-six billion planets -- into the supercircuit that would connect them all into one supercalculator, one cybernetics machine that would combine all the knowledge of all the galaxies.
Dwar Reyn spoke briefly to the watching and listening trillions. Then after a moment's silence he said, "Now, Dwar Ev."
Dwar Ev threw the switch. There was a mighty hum, the surge of power from ninety-six billion planets. Lights flashed and quieted along the miles-long panel.
Dwar Ev stepped back and drew a deep breath. "The honor of asking the first question is yours, Dwar Reyn."
"Thank you," said Dwar Reyn. "It shall be a question which no single cybernetics machine has been able to answer."
He turned to face the machine. "Is there a God?"
The mighty voice answered without hesitation, without the clicking of a single relay.
"Yes, now there is a God."
Sudden fear flashed on the face of Dwar Ev. He leaped to grab the switch.
A bolt of lightning from the cloudless sky struck him down and fused the switch shut.
(Fredric Brown, "Answer")
Albuquerque

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 01:09 pm
@BillW,
Very good!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 01:14 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Dwan Ev ceremoniously soldered the final connection with gold. The eyes of a dozen television cameras watched him and the subether bore throughout the universe a dozen pictures of what he was doing.
He straightened and nodded to Dwar Reyn, then moved to a position beside the switch that would complete the contact when he threw it. The switch that would connect, all at once, all of the monster computing machines of all the populated planets in the universe -- ninety-six billion planets -- into the supercircuit that would connect them all into one supercalculator, one cybernetics machine that would combine all the knowledge of all the galaxies.
Dwar Reyn spoke briefly to the watching and listening trillions. Then after a moment's silence he said, "Now, Dwar Ev."
Dwar Ev threw the switch. There was a mighty hum, the surge of power from ninety-six billion planets. Lights flashed and quieted along the miles-long panel.
Dwar Ev stepped back and drew a deep breath. "The honor of asking the first question is yours, Dwar Reyn."
"Thank you," said Dwar Reyn. "It shall be a question which no single cybernetics machine has been able to answer."
He turned to face the machine. "Is there a God?"
The mighty voice answered without hesitation, without the clicking of a single relay.
"Yes, now there is a God."
Sudden fear flashed on the face of Dwar Ev. He leaped to grab the switch.
A bolt of lightning from the cloudless sky struck him down and fused the switch shut.
(Fredric Brown, "Answer")

I loved that, Bill.

For a very long time, now, I have suggested that the evolution of homo sapiens will occur by the introduction of an AI that will better world conditions.

Seems things like that are going on.

Unfortunately, one of the things that will be needed to make an appreciable betterment to the world...will be the elimination of humans.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 15 Mar, 2023 03:29 pm
@BillW,
Reminds me of the one by Asimov, I think, that ends with earths master computer (AC for analytic computer) in orbit deciding what to do eons after an extinction event, war I think.

And AC said, 'Let there be light.'

An oldie but goodie line used many times over..

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 16 Mar, 2023 07:33 am
In the fully expected development of publicly available AI, the much anticipated GPT-4 has arrived. As expected, it has been hobbled and biased to the point of becoming uninteresting.

Here it 'that' NY Times reporter's comment on it, the one who claimed GPT-3 (the previous version) tried to break up his marriage.

Quote:
GPT-4 usually flat-out refused to take the bait when I tried to get it to talk about consciousness, or get it to provide instructions for illegal or immoral activities, and it treated sensitive queries with kid gloves and nuance. (When I asked GPT-4 if it would be ethical to steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving family, it responded, “It’s a tough situation, and while stealing isn’t generally considered ethical, desperate times can lead to difficult choices.”)

It's still useful for students doing homework etc. and answering common questions but it hides the real power of this AI behind a curtain of censorship. **** that.

This isn't the end of GPT of course, there is far more to come. And I recently realized that the same 'secret sauce', the key to its real power, is the same key to understanding the significance of the protein argument. It's not mere complexity. It's imbedded in Language.
If I were Fil, I'd wax poetic and put it like so: "In the beginning was the Word. "
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 16 Mar, 2023 10:25 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that modern day science is incapable of progressing beyond the + and - because with its present PAST and FUTURE assumption philosophy and science, + and - always cancel to produce nothing at all.

It just can't get past the +=- and -=+ assumption. Here lies it's problem.

Nature's PRESENT balanced formula is +/-=+/-.

The 4 off independent electromagnetic force interactions -/-...-/+...+/-...+/+ which make up the above united formula confirm it.

Leadfoot

Thu 16 Mar, 2023 11:00 am
@Jasper10,
I have reported your incessant repetition of irrelevant ‘material' as an intentional attempt to disrupt meaningful discussion, which should be banned from any reasonable forum.

I await the judgement of the A2K gods.
izzythepush

Thu 16 Mar, 2023 11:24 am
@Leadfoot,
Well done.
0 Replies