The Singularity has Arrived but it’s not what everyone thought..

Jasper10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2023 06:34 am
@Jasper10,
Contd….Who thinks it knows better than the fool who programmed it.

Dualism will then have reached fruition.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2023 08:42 am
@Jasper10,
Contd….two idiots together in perfect harmony.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 02:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
The hell of it is, they may be half right.

But not about all of us. We're not all deadshit dropkicks, who think the television is going to provide us with the information we need to thrive.

Quote:
These days I’d go mad if I had to do everything with analog money.

I pull cash literally every time I make a digital purchase. I use it pretty-much daily to make purchases from people who sell stuff online, and at the weekend markets.

If "our" currency ever gets the chop, I'll be one of the active users of the next best thing, whatever we come up with.

We will always have a physical trade note or currency.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:19 am
Wow, I didn't know about these chatbots and botwriters when I came across this thread, and now they're all over the news. Today in the morning NPR had a story about therapy by chatbot. A news feed came up from the WaPo about how CNET used botwriters to write articles, and the inaccuracy of much of the information provided therein.

For all the hype, these computer programs have not yet arrived at this singularity.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:52 am
@InfraBlue,
Thank you for making a valuable contribution to the thread.

It makes a welcome change.

Imagine that, someone talking about the thread topic.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2023 12:34 pm
Jordan Peterson about Chat GPT:
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2023 04:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
For all the hype, these computer programs have not yet arrived at this singularity.

Again, you think they would give the whole thing away for free?

This was just the movie trailer. You will have to pay for the full version. And that is only if Government doesn’t recognize it as a ‘National Security Threat'.

“ChatGPT, please write me a comprehensive plan to bring down Government X and generate all the cyber and other weapons needed for the job.”

They will probably want to monitor us even more than they do now.
0 Replies