Do I tell my husband a guy kissed me at work or just try to move on?

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 06:07 pm
We have been married for a couple of years now and he is wonderful. We have a 6 month old daughter. Husband is 26 and I’m 24. I work in a hospital and some weeks I have to work a lot. I have worked with this guy (32) for about 9 months now. I would classify us as friends. There is definitely flirting and a crush. He has always been very forward towards me and we text a good bit. The other day he kissed me and I think our relationship has gotten a little out of hand. I would never sleep with him of course but it is hard to be around him sometimes. I don’t want to needlessly hurt my husband or jeopardize my job and I’m not sure what to do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 07:36 pm
What good would it do? What is he supposed to do with this information?

The real question is: why are you allowing this situation to possibly threaten your marriage? Is it in trouble already?
roger

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 07:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Maybe better he hear it from her than someone else.

For her, she needs to drop the flirting, texting, and so forth. It will surely come to a bad end.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 07:52 pm
@roger,
If she's been so flagrant that there are witnesses riled enough to tell her husband, the problem is more than a kiss.

If it was one kiss, do not tell the husband. She just needs to cool it with the work friend.
Needadvice395

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 08:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No one knows. I didn’t really think I was doing anything wrong at first but I realize now I was since it has gotten physical I definitely have. And no we have a great marriage. That is what I am wondering. I feel horrible but also don’t want to just hurt him for no reason.
neptuneblue

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 10:16 pm
@Needadvice395,
What do you mean you didn't realize heavy flirting and texting was wrong??
And no, I don't believe you wouldn't sleep with him if you had a chance.

Quit your job. Tell your husband exactly why.

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 10:03 am
@Needadvice395,
Quote:
I work in a hospital and some weeks I have to work a lot.

1. Does the fact that some weeks you have to work a lot have some particular relevance?

2. Maybe I am reading too much into that part of your sentence.

3. Or maybe you included that in your sentence because of some particular importance or relevance.
Needadvice395

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 10:10 am
@Real Music,
At first it was just innocent. I will start looking for another job. By the working a lot some weeks comment I just meant that this guy I work with spend a lot of time together
Real Music

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 12:02 pm
@Needadvice395,
1. It sounds like your co-worker currently has a romantic interest in you.

2. In retrospect, when you think back, do you believe your co-worker had a romantic interest in you early on?
Needadvice395

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 01:07 pm
@Real Music,
He absolutely had a romantic interest early on and still does. I just don’t know if I would actually classify this as cheating. I am going to talk to guy at work and figure out the rest from there
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 08:36 pm
@Needadvice395,
Quote:
... don’t want to just hurt him for no reason.

Simple: then don't. No harm, no foul. Do not do it again.
0 Replies